Playoff Invoice

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Playoff Invoice

My playoff invoice came today. $834 for first two rounds, with 3 possible each round. Deadline is April 22nd. Should I jump on it now?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Grumpy

Grumpy

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

I just received my invoice for playoff tickets and am looking for advice. I favor option 3, but could be influenced.(Not really)

Edited by Grumpy, 19 March 2013 - 06:32 PM.

#2 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Texting Nun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

I think this could go viral.....

Sabres season ticket holders.....find creative ways to "dispose" of your invoice and put videos and/or pictures on youtube...twitter...etc.

Extra points if you involve an 8x10 of Darcy in the process......

#3 Meathead

Meathead

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

send them back one of those voice recording greeting cards with your hysterical laughter on it

#4 Miller30

Miller30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

I laughed as I walked from the mail box. $1,400 for the first two rounds.

#5 Grumpy

Grumpy

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostMiller30, on 19 March 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

I laughed as I walked from the mail box. $1,400 for the first two rounds.
  You really should cheer loudly for them all the time.  We're the worst home crowd in th NHL according to many on this board.  If we just cheered all the time they would win.

#6 Miller30

Miller30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostGrumpy, on 19 March 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

You really should cheer loudly for them all the time.  We're the worst home crowd in th NHL according to many on this board.  If we just cheered all the time they would win.

I know we suck. No matter what we should be cheering at the top of our lungs, let the team know we are perfectly happy with their performance.

We shouldn't expect or demand that they return the support by playing a solid 60 minutes. Nope it's 100% on the ticket buying fans that the team is so bad this year. How can they (players) be expected to perform with zero fan support? Every game for them is a road game, poor poor millionaire professional sports players. Its almost impossible for them to get motivated to work.

#7 Andrew Amerk

Andrew Amerk

Heart Means Everything.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

The Sabres made the playoffs already?!?

#8 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,797 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

There are only two games after the money is due.  Jets on the 22nd and Islanders on the 26th.  We should know by then whether they're in or not.

Last year we had to have the payment in with 5 games to go.  I don't think this year is a coincidence.  Besides, if you let them keep your money you should have enough for the first three rounds.

#9 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

It appears the Sabres would have to win 15/18 to make it with 55 points. Even if they can make it with 13/18, I think you can feel free to shred the invoice.

#10 gramps

gramps

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 225 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

Shred it - Sabres have to go 13-3-2 in the last 18 to get to 54 pts - the law of precedent says that ain't happening.

#11 Grumpy

Grumpy

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostSpndnchz, on 20 March 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

There are only two games after the money is due.  Jets on the 22nd and Islanders on the 26th.  We should know by then whether they're in or not.

Last year we had to have the payment in with 5 games to go.  I don't think this year is a coincidence.  Besides, if you let them keep your money you should have enough for the first three rounds.

For sure. Making the due date so close to the end of the season is fair.  I'd of just waited a couple more weeks to send them out and may be save the postage and printing. Then again, my business is a little smaller than theirs.

#12 apuszczalowski

apuszczalowski

Commander of the Armies of the North

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostGrumpy, on 19 March 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

Grigorenko and Ott are just some that might agree with your sarcasim......

View PostGrumpy, on 20 March 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

For sure. Making the due date so close to the end of the season is fair.  I'd of just waited a couple more weeks to send them out and may be save the postage and printing. Then again, my business is a little smaller than theirs.
isn't it standard that all teams (weither they believe they are in or not) send out invoices just in case? I'm sure Leafs fans have over 7 years of playoff invoices for the past years of no playoffs that were sent out in time "just in case" some fluke happened and they made it in? Same with Blue jackets fans.
Since they still send them out in the actual mail, they have to get them out early to give people the chance to decide in case they do happen to make it in and this way they won't have to scramble at the end to try and get them out with very limited time to decide if you want to buy?

#13 Drunkard

Drunkard

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

You should send them back a print out of the conference standings.

#14 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

Makin' it rain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

I paid mine asap. For me it's just shifting credit from one account to another. That money is earmarked for my tickets anyway.

PTR

#15 Sabre Dance

Sabre Dance

Brighter days ahead...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....Oh, wait - you're serious.  So, the team needs to win at least 13 of the next 18 to have a chance at the post-season. This is the team that so far has won 12 of 31.  The better question is what to spend that $834 on other than playoff tickets (snicker...sorry, I can't help it). A long weekend in Florida, new golf clubs....the mind boggles.

#16 Neuvirths Glove

Neuvirths Glove

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Hey!   We're only 4 points out of a playoff spot!

(And we're only 4 points away from dead last in the league.)