Who was tougher to score against tonight? Miller or the Empty Net?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

Reluctantly embraces The Tank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Miller had a 5.0 GAA after 58 minutes of play.   Of course, the Empty Net only got ~ 2 minutes of ice time, but it had a sparkling GAA of 0.00.  

The net was tough and stingy - Overratedchikin couldn't get one past it - and neither could the rest of the Caps even with the puck for an extended period in the Buffalo zone.

#2 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Livve Neilo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Really? Miller bashing threads after he has a bad game?  After being one of the only consistent Sabres that gives a damn all year?

#3 JJFIVEOH

JJFIVEOH

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

View Postqwksndmonster, on 17 March 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

Really? Miller bashing threads after he has a bad game?  After being one of the only consistent Sabres that gives a damn all year?

He's been consistent alright, consistently well below the standards that have been set for him either by himself or by the coaches.

#4 87168

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

If anything I think it just shows how much lazier the defense is when someone is in net.  More of a reflection of them rather than Miller.

#5 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Well, I just meant to be comical rather than a bash on Miller.... but I posted this before it came out that Miller was bashing Kaleta..... maybe he needs a little dose of humility?  :)

#6 weave

weave

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,447 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

I laughed.  Would read again.  Top notch poster.

#7 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Livve Neilo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostJJFIVEOH, on 17 March 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

He's been consistent alright, consistently well below the standards that have been set for him either by himself or by the coaches.
JJ. We've had this conversation like eighty times before.

#8 JJFIVEOH

JJFIVEOH

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

View Postqwksndmonster, on 17 March 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

JJ. We've had this conversation like eighty times before.

And my viewpoint hasn't changed. But I'll refrain from beating a dead horse. ;)

#9 mellaman101

mellaman101

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Come on guys, everyone is going to rape Miller?  This entire team is trash from top to bottom.  We get a new owner that makes the promise of change and a team that is built to win championships?  Ruff is gone but the cancer is still in his office!  This team is a joke to watch and I dont understand why I bother, but I do.  When Miller is gone guys, he will thrive wherever he goes and you all will be sad to see him gone.  Miller is the only face of this team and he is getting killed by that bird crap we call a D.

I hope Miller is traded.  He will be great again one day, just not with this crap of a team.

#10 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Livve Neilo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

You can't rape someone with facial hair like that.  It's... just not possible.

#11 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

Even John Scott outscored me.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Miller had a few moments when he overplayed a shot and put himself out of position.  But seriously, you want to complain about the goaltending when you have 5 Keystone cops in front of him?  If I'm Miller I'm telling Darcy I want out now.  It would be inhuman to make him stay through another rebuild.

PTR

#12 Robviously

Robviously

What You Don't See

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

View Postqwksndmonster, on 17 March 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

You can't rape someone with facial hair like that.  It's... just not possible.
Not with that attitude.

#13 sizzlemeister

sizzlemeister

Dreamer of Dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

Dead pool, April 15. Check it, yo.

#14 Lumpy

Lumpy

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

Maybe he is the cancer in the locker room.  The way he talks sends a bad vibe - always looks like a downer to me.  So maybe Miller can go.  I don't know who needs a goalie bad to win it all this year.  Not sure what we can get for him.

32 is reasonably old for a goalie, isn't it?  He has trade value and his attitude seems shot here.  Time to rebuild with a younger guy.

Played his best when the US won Silver.

#15 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Livve Neilo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostRobviously, on 17 March 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Not with that attitude.
No matter what you try, you will end up the rapee.

#16 JJFIVEOH

JJFIVEOH

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostLumpy, on 17 March 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

Maybe he is the cancer in the locker room.  The way he talks sends a bad vibe - always looks like a downer to me.  So maybe Miller can go.  I don't know who needs a goalie bad to win it all this year.  Not sure what we can get for him.

32 is reasonably old for a goalie, isn't it?  He has trade value and his attitude seems shot here.  Time to rebuild with a younger guy.

I have no problem with a guy who speaks his mind and calls players out when they need to be called out. I wish most players were like that, these guys make big $$ and should be able to handle some constructive criticism. I just wish the rest of the team had the balls to do it to him when he deserves it. But if he's going to cry like he did tonight, at least have the nerve to do it about somebody who was actually on the ice and partially responsible for this loss. All season he's made a bad habit of making spectacular saves and then offsetting them with soft goals. If he's going to start calling guys out and placing blame elsewhere, he'd better doing his part on the ice or else he has no say in the matter. He's let in some soft (and costly) goals over most of the season.

#17 sicknfla

sicknfla

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Miller has been an ass since day 1. He is the first guy to throw his teammates under the bus. Always had this I am better than the team attitude. I don't recall his teammates calling him out when he had a bad game or lets in a soft goal.

I could understand if he had some Cups under his belt but he has not won nothing. He has had some good teams infront of him and has very little to show for it. It will be a few years before we have a competitive team again.

Just like with Ruff and DR his time has passed.  It is time for new blood. Loosing is easier with hope. Right now we have no hope. Please don't remind me we have no goalie in the system. We are not winning with him and at some point he will decide to ride out his contract. Do we want that? Get what you can for him. DR won't do it but I guarantee you the new GM ( god willing) will.

#18 Lumpy

Lumpy

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostJJFIVEOH, on 17 March 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

I have no problem with a guy who speaks his mind and calls players out when they need to be called out. I wish most players were like that, these guys make big $$ and should be able to handle some constructive criticism. I just wish the rest of the team had the balls to do it to him when he deserves it. But if he's going to cry like he did tonight, at least have the nerve to do it about somebody who was actually on the ice and partially responsible for this loss. All season he's made a bad habit of making spectacular saves and then offsetting them with soft goals. If he's going to start calling guys out and placing blame elsewhere, he'd better doing his part on the ice or else he has no say in the matter. He's let in some soft (and costly) goals over most of the season.
  I agree.  I think he feels above the team.  Hard to divine what is going on in the locker room, but there seems some fatal mixture of personalities that don't push each other.  My personal take is that I don't think the talent is nearly as bad as it looks, but that there is a personal lack of hustle and mental fragility.  It feels like I am watching a group of prima donnas who don't think team.  I thought getting rid of Roy would help attitude, but I think Pominville needs to go (he's not a leader but has trade value), move Miller for a goalie and someone else.  Time to make some big moves.  

And fire Darcy because he won't fix this mess.  I think if he does something drastic, he would tacitly be admitting he made a mistake, and it looks like none of this is anybody's fault.  Leadership is not only taking the blame, but having a plan to fix it.  No one around here is a stand up guy.  Kaleta, of all people, takes the blame.  If I am Miller, I would not be calling out one of the guys with real balls.

And worst of all, they are playing dull, listless hockey.

#19 Neuvirths Glove

Neuvirths Glove

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

View PostLumpy, on 17 March 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

And worst of all, they are playing dull, listless hockey.

Still.... it's better than the lockout, amirite?

#20 Numark

Numark

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

the two people with old car avatars confuse the crap out of me every time.  The only time I see either of Soyuz post, its about miller it seems.  One of you hate him....but which one?

#21 JJFIVEOH

JJFIVEOH

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostNumark, on 18 March 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

the two people with old car avatars confuse the crap out of me every time.  The only time I see either of Soyuz post, its about miller it seems.  One of you hate him....but which one?

It's a Mustang, not a Russian spacecraft.

#22 Andrew Amerk

Andrew Amerk

Heart Means Everything.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

Damn cars.

#23 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,213 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

:lol:

#24 JJFIVEOH

JJFIVEOH

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

I don't hate Miller. I hate the way Golden Boy is treated like he's the best thing since sliced bread. Lindy was in love with him, Darcy is in love with him, and he gets treated (and paid) like a superstar goaltender. Aside from his Silver/Vezina year, most of his career has been above average at best. If he were treated like an average goaltender I wouldn't have any issues with him. I don't like his attitude. Miller shouldn't have played tonight, he shouldn't have played yesterday. You ride the hot goaltender regardless of his name or his salary.

Funny how it's called an old car now, seems like yesterday it was brand new. :-D

#25 Andrew Amerk

Andrew Amerk

Heart Means Everything.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

View PostJJFIVEOH, on 18 March 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

I don't hate Miller. I hate the way Golden Boy is treated like he's the best thing since sliced bread. Lindy was in love with him, Darcy is in love with him, and he gets treated (and paid) like a superstar goaltender. Aside from his Silver/Vezina year, most of his career has been above average at best. If he were treated like an average goaltender I wouldn't have any issues with him. I don't like his attitude. Miller shouldn't have played tonight, he shouldn't have played yesterday. You ride the hot goaltender regardless of his name or his salary.

Funny how it's called an old car now, seems like yesterday it was brand new. :-D

Miller won a Silver and a Vezina.

#26 JJFIVEOH

JJFIVEOH

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

View PostAndrew Amerk, on 18 March 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

Yes he did.

#27 Doug Glatt

Doug Glatt

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

View PostAndrew Amerk, on 18 March 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

who cares what he won 4 years ago, it's old news. sports are all about what have you done for me lately and can you help me win now. the answer to that is no not really. time to move on.

#28 cdexchange

cdexchange

www.DiscsForDogs.org

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

the two people with old car avatars confuse the crap out of me every time.

It's like when we had all those "snow" people on the board at once last year :lol:

#29 Robviously

Robviously

What You Don't See

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

The part where both of their names start with a capital J isn't helping either.

#30 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

I forgot to add the empty net can be very tough! Although it gave the Washington Capitals problems last night it's also denied the Buffalo Sabres.  Case in point Jason PomPomstein earlier this season.  Lol

#31 Kristian

Kristian

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,489 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostLumpy, on 17 March 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

If this team can't handle a grumpy goalie, they chose the wrong sport.

Most goalies are characters, some of them ouright whackos.

If Miller's attitude is a problem, then clearly Miller's attitude isn't the problem.