60 replies to this topic

#1 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,430 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

My choice is Steve Ott. This poor guy comes to town thinking he's going to be able to play his game and the boys are going to rally behind him. Only to find out that when he agitates it actually sparks the OTHER team instead. That has to be a punch in the gut.

#2 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Actually Ville Leino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Robyn Regehr.  Traded from Calgary West to Calgary East.

#3 Who Else?

Who Else?

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

I'm just a TV watching fan.  MSG is already part of the package I got.  I feel bad for any one who has spent a hard earned dime to see this team.

#4 bunomatic

bunomatic

bunomatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,770 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

I feel real bad for the fans. They're the only ones that can't affect change ( I know, I know. they don't have to go to games ). While Regier once again waits for the market to set so he can decide on how best to play catch up to the rest of the league. The fans are being taken for a ride.

#5 Icehole

Icehole

When hell freezes over, I’ll play hockey there too.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

I feel bad for Staphyl, no one should have to live that kind of conscience... how can you not feel bad by the effort you put out every night.

#6 wyldnwoody44

wyldnwoody44

dont pee into the wind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

I kinda feel bad for ruff, he's in a better place now tho.... Which is anywhere away from this roster

#7 nfreeman

nfreeman

All I want is everything you got.

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,769 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

View PostWho Else?, on 10 March 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

I'm just a TV watching fan.  MSG is already part of the package I got.  I feel bad for any one who has spent a hard earned dime to see this team.

View Postbunomatic, on 10 March 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

I feel real bad for the fans. They're the only ones that can't affect change ( I know, I know. they don't have to go to games ). While Regier once again waits for the market to set so he can decide on how best to play catch up to the rest of the league. The fans are being taken for a ride.

Exactly.  I feel bad for us.

#8 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,277 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

I feel bad for Whiskers, who I coffin-cornered through the front window late in the second period.*

*No pussies were harmed during this game, here or in Philly.

#9 SwampD

SwampD

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,005 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

View PostPASabreFan, on 11 March 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

I feel bad for Whiskers, who I coffin-cornered through the front window late in the second period.*

*No pussies were harmed during this game, here or in Philly.
Didn't Ennis get hurt?

#10 WildCard

WildCard

I haven't slept for 10 days, because that would be too much.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

It's hard to feel bad for anyone making between 550k-6m honestly, at least in a general sense of their "plight." However, I can certainly empathize with the Pommers and Vaneks who work their ass off just to be dragged down like this (at least with this season) and the likes of Miller who, although he complains quite a bit, clearly works hard and cares more about the team than can be said for a good amount of them.

Also, while I'm writing this I've realized it's hard not to feel sorry for the real young players, players like Grigs, who have enjoyed very recent success prior to the season and now find themselves impaled upon a slew of questions while unable to turn to the people who are supposed to help them in these situations, the coaches and teammates with the experience and ability to help that a team is supposed to have, because this team is evidently void  of any such persons. These days are the culminations of years of dreams and hard work, nights of envisioning a first goal or a wild crowd, maybe even a calder trophy, but at the very least just the feel of striding on NHL ice and realizing you've made it, even only if for one night you can now tell your grandkids about the night you were good enough to play amongst the greatest hockey players in the world. That being said, this sentiment can only be ten-fold for players like Grigs who've been told long ago that these are not dreams for dreams inevitabley imply a sense of impossibility, of merely being just that, dreams. Rather they have been instilled with dreams of a different grandeur: dreams of Cups and Hart trophies, of 50 goal seasons and Gretzky status as they've flown up the ranks year by year with high praise of future glory from any and all who watch them. Magazine articles and sports shows have not only dropped their name here and there but have exclaimed them as such, allowing for those once childish dreams to gradually manifest themselves into a necessity in a 19 y/o kid the moment they step foot on that ice they'd dreamt about for so long. With players like Crosby who come in and take the league exactly how they're supposed to, by storm, life's fantastic and suddenly this need becomes less daunting; tons of great players don't win cups or mvps, but starting off with such an amazing season certainly sheds a significant amount of that pressure because at least you know you can play at the NHL level. That isn't to say that the pressure won't mount, if anything we know from the LeBrons of sports that such status may only bring a greater demand for a championship, more than one perhaps, and certainly quickly. However, I'm compelled to believe that when such a player plays to these expectations in his first seasons there is a fundamental sense of relief that the praises were justified, that he's not merely another over-hyped prospect who can't play with the pros, and with it a security that Cups and trophies are truly possible. To be told it's possible is one thing, to actually have proof that it is is an entirely different thing.

As such, when I watch Grigs stuck on a line with a man who annual goal total is less than-or-equal-to 1, a 4m cap waste who finds his heart only when moneys on the line, and/or a 35+ y/o, concussion maligned utility player who surprises even himself when he scores (the reaction to his goal last night was hilarious), I can't help but feel horrible for the kid. He's not even given a chance to prove the praises right but rather he's set up nightly to be unjustly viewed as a failure. What makes it even worse is that this is all coming in a season where the city's messiah of coaches gets canned after 16 years and, despite being an obvious top 5 draft team, the team refuses to simply recognize the season as lost and start grooming this kid like he's supposed to be: on an adequate line, 10+ minutes a game, and more than two opportunities on the worst power play in the league.

If there's anything that makes watching the Sabre's so painful, it's this (and the thought of Pegula's money/dream being ###### on by Darcy).

Edited by WildCard, 11 March 2013 - 01:44 AM.

#11 Kristian

Kristian

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

Me.

I feel bad I have to watch a bunch of so-called professionals be so very bad at what they are paid millions to do.

#12 sicknfla

sicknfla

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

Am I the only guy that doesn't read a post that is longer than my phone screen?

#13 716

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

No one. That's sports. Wait til next year. Ask the Cubs fans.

Edited by 716, 11 March 2013 - 06:45 AM.

#14 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

The fans.

That's all.

I have no feeling what so ever for the players, management, or owner.

Well, I feel bad for RJ, too.  It looks like he will never be able to call the Sabres winning the cup, before his retirement.

#15 Grumpy

Grumpy

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

Fans.

As to TP's money/dream, he should of done his homework better.  I'll admit I skimmed the bulk of the narrative by wild, but I did read that last line.

Edited by Grumpy, 11 March 2013 - 06:48 AM.

#16 DeLuca1967

DeLuca1967

#39 - Greatest of All-Time.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,242 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

I feel bad for the long suffering Sabre fans. The men and women who have 40+ years invested in this team and will likely go to their grave never experiencing a Stanley Cup winner. I remember when the Red Sox finally won after 80+ years, the stories they would show of fans who were not able to celebrate the Championship with friends or family was heart breaking.

#17 Derrico

Derrico

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

I feel bad for Terry. I truely believe he wants to win as bad as the fans and he thought Darcy could do the job. He was wrong but the guy has given us one of (if not the) highest payroll in the nhl this year. That's not something an absentee owner would do. Atleast I've only wasted a few hundred on tickets/centre ice package, he has to deal with paying Drew Stafford $4 million this year. That's a real nice return on investment....

Gotta obviously feel bad for the fans too.

#18 DR HOLLIDAY

DR HOLLIDAY

Born in 1970- Just like the Sabres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

I feel for us the fans and RJ (I think he cares more about the Sabres then anyone)

#19 apuszczalowski

apuszczalowski

Commander of the Armies of the North

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

View PostDerrico, on 11 March 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

I feel bad for Terry. I truely believe he wants to win as bad as the fans and he thought Darcy could do the job. He was wrong but the guy has given us one of (if not the) highest payroll in the nhl this year. That's not something an absentee owner would do. Atleast I've only wasted a few hundred on tickets/centre ice package, he has to deal with paying Drew Stafford $4 million this year. That's a real nice return on investment....

Gotta obviously feel bad for the fans too.
Terry paying Stafford $4mil a year is like you paying $4 for a beer at the game (Maybe $40 for something at the Sabres Store)

There is NO WAY anyone should feel sorry for the one and only person who has the absolute power to make the changes necessary to fix things, but would rather not because it might upset the "family atmosphere" hes trying to create with his employees. Instead he is too busy making other business deals to increase his wealth now that he has most of WNY believing that everything he does is for the good of their beloved franchise and turning this into "Hockey Heaven"............
Detroit didn't become "Hockey Town" by building some pretty statues/lockerrooms/public arenas, it became 'Hockey Town" by becoming a very well run hockey franchise that focused on drafting great hockey talent and winning championships.............

#20 bobis

bobis

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

View Postqwksndmonster, on 10 March 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

Robyn Regehr.  Traded from Calgary West to Calgary East.

yeah me too! Sold him a line of crap about being a good team to get him here. I don't think he really wanted to come here but was talked into it.

#21 jaymziz

jaymziz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

View PostWho Else?, on 10 March 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

Not only did I spend a dime for the package, I also drove to Buffalo and New Jersery to watch them play as well as seeing this yesterday in my home town of Philly.  The Game in Buffalo was the 4-2 against Boston which was awesome to watch.  They should have won in New Jersery and they really did look terrible last night here but could have won.

As far as who I feel bad for? Certainly the fans, only a couple of players have heart on this team, Ott being one of them.  He is the ONE player I hope stays

Edited by jaymziz, 11 March 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#22 Sabre Dance

Sabre Dance

Brighter days ahead...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostDeLuca67, on 11 March 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

I feel bad for the long suffering Sabre fans. The men and women who have 40+ years invested in this team and will likely go to their grave never experiencing a Stanley Cup winner. I remember when the Red Sox finally won after 80+ years, the stories they would show of fans who were not able to celebrate the Championship with friends or family was heart breaking.

Exactly.  My mom is 90 years old and is as much a Sabres fan (if not more) than I am. We both would like nothing more than to see the Sabres win the Cup. She may never get that chance.  I'm only 56, but I may be retired and living in Florida before this team has any chance of reaching the Finals again.
I also do feel for the (very few) players on this Sabres' team that have some level of pride in playing well no matter what.  We all know who they are, so I won't elaborate.

#23 Derrico

Derrico

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

View Postapuszczalowski, on 11 March 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

Terry paying Stafford $4mil a year is like you paying $4 for a beer at the game (Maybe $40 for something at the Sabres Store)

There is NO WAY anyone should feel sorry for the one and only person who has the absolute power to make the changes necessary to fix things, but would rather not because it might upset the "family atmosphere" hes trying to create with his employees. Instead he is too busy making other business deals to increase his wealth now that he has most of WNY believing that everything he does is for the good of their beloved franchise and turning this into "Hockey Heaven"............
Detroit didn't become "Hockey Town" by building some pretty statues/lockerrooms/public arenas, it became 'Hockey Town" by becoming a very well run hockey franchise that focused on drafting great hockey talent and winning championships.............

He fired Lindy this year after Ruff had been here for like 50 years.  Don't think for a second that was Darcy's call.  Should he go a step further and fire Regier?  Absolutely but after the canning of Ruff I now believe that Darcy really is on the hot seat and very well could be gone this year.  I also don't understand everyone taking shots at him for the nice locker room, statue etc.  It's obvious to me that he wants to win a cup and I don't believe that becuase he's sunk money into our stadium that somehow he doens't focus on the on ice product.

#24 Potato

Potato

Take Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,383 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

View Postsicknfla, on 11 March 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

Am I the only guy that doesn't read a post that is longer than my phone screen?

Anything longer than a paragraph and I'm not reading it.  If I wanted to read a novel, I wouldn't come to this forum. ;)

I actually feel bad for Lindy.  He gave everything he had to try to get this collection of feces to play well and he could not do it.  No coach on the planet could get this group of drifters to play as a cohesive unit.  This team is bad... really bad...

#25 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

View Postjaymziz, on 11 March 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

Not only did I spend a dime for the package, I also drove to Buffalo and New Jersery to watch them play as well as seeing this yesterday in my home town of Philly.  The Game in Buffalo was the 4-2 against Boston which was awesome to watch.  They should have won in New Jersery and they really did look terrible last night here but could have won.

As far as who I feel bad for? Certainly the fans, only a couple of players have heart on this team, Ott being one of them.  He is the ONE player I hope stays

Welcome to our little corner of the Internet.

Good post and we will try not to hold the fact that you live in Philly against you .......... :P

#26 Who Else?

Who Else?

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

I also feel bad for all the people who were thinking they got a steal playing 50% off retail at the Sabre Store and are now too embarassed to where that gear.

#27 SwampD

SwampD

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,005 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

I feel bad for Terry Pegula. By buying the Sabres and donating all that money to that college hockey team, he probably thought he put bookends on enough good will to be able to drill all he wanted to in the Marcellus Shale. With the Penn State debacle and the Sabres tanking, I don't think he has enough good will to be allowed to drill a post hole for a fence. :devil:

#28 jaymziz

jaymziz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostSabres Fan In NS, on 11 March 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Welcome to our little corner of the Internet.

Good post and we will try not to hold the fact that you live in Philly against you .......... :P

Thanks...  My work keeps me here, I have no choice.  Been a Sabre Fan for life and have been reading the posts here for over a year, figured I would start contributing.  I too feel bad for Lindy, I know there is a lot of negativity towards him, I hope he gets an opportunity to get behind a bench again.  After watching him play and then coach my team, I just think there could have been a better way for him to leave his coaching duties.  I am not saying that I believe that he should not have moved on, but it is clearly evident the challenges were more about the players versus what Lindy brought to the table.

#29 K-9

K-9

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostDeLuca67, on 11 March 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

C'mon, DeLuca. Anybody can have a bad century.

I hear what you're saying, though. And I agree. And that's why I literally can't give a phuck any more.

GO SABRES!!!

#30 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

I don't feel bad or sorry for anyone.  Put the nose to the grindstone and fix what is wrong. Now.

#31 Potato

Potato

Take Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,383 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

Some Canucks fans are calling for Lindy Ruff to be hired.  Maybe I don't feel bad for Lindy: http://www.hockeybuz...93#.UT387ldvA3M

#32 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,277 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostSwampD, on 11 March 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

I feel bad for Terry Pegula. By buying the Sabres and donating all that money to that college hockey team, he probably thought he put bookends on enough good will to be able to drill all he wanted to in the Marcellus Shale. With the Penn State debacle and the Sabres tanking, I don't think he has enough good will to be allowed to drill a post hole for a fence. :devil:
This post took frackin' balls. It would be easier to dismiss this theory if Terry hadn't cattle-called officials and lawmakers to the arena for a Jedi mind meld on hydraulic fracking in New York State.

#33 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,852 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

Lindy Ruff and Ron Rolston.  You know my reasons for the first.  On the second, he's not going to turn this team around, and it's going to be perceived as his fault, when it isn't.  He'll likely be out the door in April with his "shot" at the NHL lasting two months.

#34 K-9

K-9

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostCOSabre, on 11 March 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

Some Canucks fans are calling for Lindy Ruff to be hired.  Maybe I don't feel bad for Lindy: http://www.hockeybuz...93#.UT387ldvA3M

You know Kassian would be psyched.

GO SABRES!!!

#35 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,852 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostCOSabre, on 11 March 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

He's going to have plenty of opportunities.  Whether he moves the family is another question.

#36 apuszczalowski

apuszczalowski

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostSwampD, on 11 March 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

look up, I see atleast someone who would not only volunteer to help him drill the well, but also drink some water from the pond next to it if Terry asked.......

View PostEleven, on 11 March 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

He's going to have plenty of opportunities.  Whether he moves the family is another question.
Well, he did say he wants to coach again, and its unlikely that his next gig will be in buffalo, so I think moving will be in his families future

View PostDerrico, on 11 March 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

He fired Lindy this year after Ruff had been here for like 50 years.  Don't think for a second that was Darcy's call.  Should he go a step further and fire Regier?  Absolutely but after the canning of Ruff I now believe that Darcy really is on the hot seat and very well could be gone this year.  I also don't understand everyone taking shots at him for the nice locker room, statue etc.  It's obvious to me that he wants to win a cup and I don't believe that becuase he's sunk money into our stadium that somehow he doens't focus on the on ice product.
But TP is THJE ONE PERSON WHO CAN MAKE THE MOVE TO FIX THIS TEAM AND HASN'T
If he is so dedicated to making this Hockey Heaven and bringing CUPS to Buffalo, he has all the control over being able to do that and he hasn't (Aside from some pretty statues and lockerroom, and firing Ruff)
If his one and only goal is to win, he hasn't shown it by sticking with "Status Quo" and waiting for the problems to resolve themselves on the ice.

#37 Derrico

Derrico

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

View Postapuszczalowski, on 11 March 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

But TP is THJE ONE PERSON WHO CAN MAKE THE MOVE TO FIX THIS TEAM AND HASN'T
If he is so dedicated to making this Hockey Heaven and bringing CUPS to Buffalo, he has all the control over being able to do that and he hasn't (Aside from some pretty statues and lockerroom, and firing Ruff)
If his one and only goal is to win, he hasn't shown it by sticking with "Status Quo" and waiting for the problems to resolve themselves on the ice.

What one move are you referring too? Firing Darcy? Several have commented about how this team has more talent than what their record shows. I would agree with that and if Ruff wasn't fired I would be of the same mind set as you. But he was. That's not status quo IMO. I hope Darcy is gone but if he is fired tomorrow then I'm not sure how it will 'fix this team.'

#38 apuszczalowski

apuszczalowski

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostDerrico, on 11 March 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

What one move are you referring too? Firing Darcy? Several have commented about how this team has more talent than what their record shows. I would agree with that and if Ruff wasn't fired I would be of the same mind set as you. But he was. That's not status quo IMO. I hope Darcy is gone but if he is fired tomorrow then I'm not sure how it will 'fix this team.'
Weither its one move or a million, TP is the one who can make things happen, its Really hard to feel any sympathy for how things are going to the one person that can make the moves needed to fix this team. Yes, firing Darcy is one of them, It fixes the team because he has assembled a roster that was supposed to be competivie thats now fighting for last in the league. The coaching change did nothing but keep fans content for a few minutes until the results stayed the same.

"Status Quo" has been to make minor tweaks to the roster in the offseason, bring up some new hope from Rochester, and when things struggle, let them work themselves out on the ice instead of making changes. So what if people think this roster has more talent then their record shows, I'm sure you can say that about alot of bad teams in all of sports, so the answer is to leave things be and let them fix themselves? And I'm supposed to feel sorry for the guy who holds all the power to make anymoves because the one move he has made hasn't done a thing to change this team?

Make some trades, Waive some players outside of 4th line goons/enforcers

#39 K-9

K-9

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostDerrico, on 11 March 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

I'd like to believe that, too. But I don't. We seem to have gotten much slower, especially on the back end. And our passing is inconsistent at best. I just don't see a ton of top line talent from top to bottom.

GO SABRES!!!

#40 Derrico

Derrico

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

View Postapuszczalowski, on 11 March 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Weither its one move or a million, TP is the one who can make things happen, its Really hard to feel any sympathy for how things are going to the one person that can make the moves needed to fix this team. Yes, firing Darcy is one of them, It fixes the team because he has assembled a roster that was supposed to be competivie thats now fighting for last in the league. The coaching change did nothing but keep fans content for a few minutes until the results stayed the same.

"Status Quo" has been to make minor tweaks to the roster in the offseason, bring up some new hope from Rochester, and when things struggle, let them work themselves out on the ice instead of making changes. So what if people think this roster has more talent then their record shows, I'm sure you can say that about alot of bad teams in all of sports, so the answer is to leave things be and let them fix themselves? And I'm supposed to feel sorry for the guy who holds all the power to make anymoves because the one move he has made hasn't done a thing to change this team?

Make some trades, Waive some players outside of 4th line goons/enforcers

They traded one of their 'core' guys in Roy for Ott this past offseason.  They traded our number 1 top young prospect for another teams top young propsect, they signed Ehrhoff to a crazy contract, they signed Leino to a crazy contract, they trade away a 'core' player in Gaustad, they fire their life long coach.  Just because the moves didn't all pan out does not mean they are going 'status quo'.

Just because everyone on a message board wants us to trade Stafford for Malkin, doesn't mean you can actually make a huge trade.  I would love to see it but those trades RARELY occur.

Edited by Derrico, 11 March 2013 - 11:58 AM.