Jump to content


After Nor'easter, Bruins to fly to Buffalo on Saturday Eve: Game vs TB postponed


  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2KEolfa3p

http://usnews.nbcnew...f-all-time?lite

Looks like two feet of snow or more this weekend with Blizzard Conditions in New England.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz, 09 February 2013 - 03:48 PM.


#2 Marcellus

Marcellus

    Roman God of War

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Spring Offensive

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

Are they scared? :o

#3 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostYuri Olesha, on 07 February 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Are they scared? :o

Is a Bea-Ah ev-Ah?

#4 MattPie

MattPie

    Driver move out.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ardennes Forest

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Pissa.

Attached Files



#5 zow2

zow2

    Top Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Sabres are on Long Island Sat night and they are not exactly out of the woods for this storm either....winds predicted to gust 55 mph and snow. have fun flying in and out of there boys.
If the Bruins Sat afternoon game is postponed, i imagine they fly to Buffalo ahead of the storm and be nice and rested for the Sabres game Sunday eve.

#6 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    Even John Scott outscored me.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

I live in ground zero, an hour north of Boston.  They have upgraded the predictions to 2-3 feet here!  If my snow blower wasn't such a piece of crap I wouldn't mind.

PTR

#7 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

    I'd rather be in Sarajevo or, Istanbul (not Constantinople)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,009 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

It's coming right up the coast from Bastan and is going to be landing in our yard.

Expecting high winds and over 50cm (not sure what that is in inches exactly, but more then 2 feet) over Saturday and Sunday.

Time to batten down the hatches.  We are not used to that kind of snow here.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS, 07 February 2013 - 02:17 PM.


#8 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

    Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester/Finger Lakes

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostSabres Fan In NS, on 07 February 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

It's coming right up the coast from Bastan and is going to be landing in our yard.

Expecting high winds and over 50cm (not sure what that is in inches exactly, but more then 2 feet) over Saturday and Sunday.

Time to batten down the hatches.  We are not used to that kind of snow here.

Nope.

:P

Edited by LastPommerFan, 07 February 2013 - 02:21 PM.


#9 ThirtyEight

ThirtyEight

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oxford, UK

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostSabres Fan In NS, on 07 February 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

It's coming right up the coast from Bastan and is going to be landing in our yard.

Expecting high winds and over 50cm (not sure what that is in inches exactly, but more then 2 feet) over Saturday and Sunday.

Time to batten down the hatches.  We are not used to that kind of snow here.

I think its time America learnt the metric system :P

What would happen if a team can't make a game? Anyone know what the rules are?

#10 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

    I'd rather be in Sarajevo or, Istanbul (not Constantinople)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,009 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostLastPommerFan, on 07 February 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:


So there you go.

I learned the Imperial System, not your yanks version, the real one from England.

And this just proves that I am way too old to learn the Metric System.

#11 Eleven

Eleven

    All Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,395 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostThirtyEight, on 07 February 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

I think its time America learnt the metric system :P

What would happen if a team can't make a game? Anyone know what the rules are?

They'd just reschedule it.  There's not going to be a forfeit because of bad weather.

Also, a cricket pitch is 22 yards long.  Not 20.12 meters.  And certainly not 20.12 metres.

Edited by Eleven, 07 February 2013 - 02:31 PM.


#12 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostEleven, on 07 February 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

They'd just reschedule it. There's not going to be a forfeit because of bad weather.

That would suck for an already compressed schedule.

#13 Marcellus

Marcellus

    Roman God of War

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Spring Offensive

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

One thing I admire about New Englanders, is that, when winter storms come, they put their windshield wipers out away from the windshield, so that they don't have to clean the windshield wipers themselves, only the windshield, when they come back to their cars.  You would think we'd have learned that trick in Buffalo, but I never see it done here.

#14 MattPie

MattPie

    Driver move out.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ardennes Forest

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Probably

View PostYuri Olesha, on 07 February 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

One thing I admire about New Englanders, is that, when winter storms come, they put their windshield wipers out away from the windshield, so that they don't have to clean the windshield wipers themselves, only the windshield, when they come back to their cars.  You would think we'd have learned that trick in Buffalo, but I never see it done here.

When you have a foot of snow on the hood (after being out for dinner), you'd have to be careful to not break the buried wiper arms with the shovel. :) If you're only going to get an inch or two, it's a good idea.

#15 Touched by Boyes

Touched by Boyes

    Expert Lurker

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostYuri Olesha, on 07 February 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

One thing I admire about New Englanders, is that, when winter storms come, they put their windshield wipers out away from the windshield, so that they don't have to clean the windshield wipers themselves, only the windshield, when they come back to their cars.  You would think we'd have learned that trick in Buffalo, but I never see it done here.
I do that all the time when I travel for work. When I park at the airport I put up the wipers in order to prevent them from freezing to the windshield.

But to my knowledge I am the only one I see do that...

#16 That Aud Smell

That Aud Smell

    That Nostalgic Olfactory Blend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Ecum Secum, Nova Scotia

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostTouched by Boyes, on 07 February 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

I do that all the time when I travel for work. When I park at the airport I put up the wipers in order to prevent them from freezing to the windshield.

But to my knowledge I am the only one I see do that...

Nice trick. Do you think it would invite casual vandalism?

#17 Touched by Boyes

Touched by Boyes

    Expert Lurker

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostThat Aud Smell, on 07 February 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Nice trick. Do you think it would invite casual vandalism?
A valid concern, but I only do it in the preferred long term parking lot which is pretty well monitored as there are buses and people coming ang going throughout the day.

It was more a direct response to coming home from a business trip late one winter night and finding my car was buried and frozen shut. had to use the garden shovel I keep in the trunk to dig out just to move the car. Removing the ice from the windshied and windows was another huge pain using a standard snow brush and even then the first use of the wipers driving home made it near impossible to see again. Learned my lesson after that experience... :(

#18 djp14150

djp14150

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

currently:

SAT BUF-NYI,  TB-BOS,  NYR idle
SUN  BOS-BUF  TB-NYR, NYI idle

switch:

flip TB-BOS to BOS-TB for Saturday (BOS-TB sched Feb 21 moves to BOS)
flip BUF-NYI dates (BUF host Sat Feb 23)
Sun TB-NYR still happens.

#19 Taro T

Taro T

    It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

View Postzow2, on 07 February 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Sabres are on Long Island Sat night and they are not exactly out of the woods for this storm either....winds predicted to gust 55 mph and snow. have fun flying in and out of there boys.
If the Bruins Sat afternoon game is postponed, i imagine they fly to Buffalo ahead of the storm and be nice and rested for the Sabres game Sunday eve.
Figures; I can finally make a Sabres home game, and likely at least 1 of the teams scheduled to play that game CAN'T make the game.  :censored:

#20 bunomatic

bunomatic

    bunomatic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,599 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nanaimo,B.C.,Canada

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

Best of luck to anyone that lives in the area. Stay safe.

#21 Marcellus

Marcellus

    Roman God of War

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Spring Offensive

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Queequeg and I eat Nor-Easterns for breakfast.

#22 Loyalty

Loyalty

    Blood and Guts

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,607 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

Per Bucky Gleason on twitter-

Quote

I'm hearing #Sabres at #Islanders game on Saturday could be postponed with NYC bracing for heavy storm.


#23 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,655 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, MA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostMattPie, on 07 February 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Probably


When you have a foot of snow on the hood (after being out for dinner), you'd have to be careful to not break the buried wiper arms with the shovel. :) If you're only going to get an inch or two, it's a good idea.

The whole wiper thing has always bugged me,  It just seems lazy and asking for the trouble you just mentioned.  I saw an even dumber one yesterday though.  Some guy in my parking lot covered his Honda Accord with a tarp.  What exactly is he hoping to achieve there?  I hope he realizes that with a foot plus of snow, he's going to have to brush off the car anyway.  I'm betting he left his snow brush inside the car too.  I'm looking forward to a few days down the road where hasn't touched the car at all and the tarp is frozen to it.

It does remind me to bring my snow brush inside the apartment though.

#24 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

@NWSBoston
Regional snowfall map for #SNE and surrounding areas. http://ow.ly/i/1unQD

#25 papazoid

papazoid

    Top Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

View Postzow2, on 07 February 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Sabres are on Long Island Sat night and they are not exactly out of the woods for this storm either....winds predicted to gust 55 mph and snow. have fun flying in and out of there boys.
If the Bruins Sat afternoon game is postponed, i imagine they fly to Buffalo ahead of the storm and be nice and rested for the Sabres game Sunday eve.

how funny will it be when the bruins are here in buffalo, but the sabres are not ???

#26 Sabre Dance

Sabre Dance

    Grin and bear it...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South of the city.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

View Postpapazoid, on 08 February 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

how funny will it be when the bruins are here in buffalo, but the sabres are not ???

That would give Brad Marchand another chance to whine about how Buffalo sucks and there's nothing to do.  Maybe he could play in the Labatt's tourney....

#27 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

View PostVanek-Man, on 08 February 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

Per Bucky Gleason on twitter-

This doesn't look good for a game on the Island Saturday evening:
http://www.weather.c...g-for-nyc-34212

Edited by 26CornerBlitz, 08 February 2013 - 09:52 AM.


#28 zow2

zow2

    Top Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

The Sabres flight is leaving for JFK soon.  Getting in won't be a problem.  Getting out of NY will be dicey tomorrow night.

http://flightaware.c...e/flight/BSK397

Edited by zow2, 08 February 2013 - 10:55 AM.


#29 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,424 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

View Postzow2, on 08 February 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

The Sabres flight is leaving for JFK soon.  Getting in won't be a problem.  Getting out of NY will be dicey tomorrow night.

http://flightaware.c...e/flight/BSK397

Flight left over an hour late and due to arrive about 1.5 hours late.

#30 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,424 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:17 PM



#31 Robviously

Robviously

    What You Don't See

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,988 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Texas

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostSabre Dance, on 08 February 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

That would give Brad Marchand another chance to whine about how Buffalo sucks and there's nothing to do.  Maybe he could play in the Labatt's tourney....
That's bullcrap!  You can kill a few hours at the Galleria Mall easy.

Edited by Robviously, 08 February 2013 - 01:19 PM.


#32 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

    Resistance is futile

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,529 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostSpndnchz, on 08 February 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:



That's hilarious.

#33 Icehole

Icehole

    Goon Squad

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostPASabreFan, on 08 February 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

That's hilarious.

Yes hilariious, and though plenty of snow showers, I would not call this a blizzard. Not by Buffalo standards.  Got 8 inches so far and more expected possibly another 10 over night.  But really, got my first paper route delivering the Buffalo Evening News the day the Blizzard of 77 hit, this is mild.  The first time my wife visited in 2004 x-mas,  there was no snow when we got there, she complained and we got 5 feet by the time we left.  So really 18 inches is really just fun for my kids.  Finally get to do some serious sledding this year.  P.S. In Northern Westchester, just south of Danbury, CT.  Really not bad.

#34 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,655 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, MA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

I suppose the worst is supposed to come overnight, but so far it's just fun. I'm a couple six packs in and I haven't had this much fun in a while.

#35 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    Woof

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,092 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A stolen Panzer

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

View Postshrader, on 08 February 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

I suppose the worst is supposed to come overnight, but so far it's just fun. I'm a couple six packs in and I haven't had this much fun in a while.

:beer: I'm having a pretty good evening myself. Cheers!

#36 BarDown

BarDown

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somers & White Plains, NY

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

View PostNorth Buffalo, on 08 February 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

Yes hilariious, and though plenty of snow showers, I would not call this a blizzard. Not by Buffalo standards.  Got 8 inches so far and more expected possibly another 10 over night.  But really, got my first paper route delivering the Buffalo Evening News the day the Blizzard of 77 hit, this is mild.  The first time my wife visited in 2004 x-mas,  there was no snow when we got there, she complained and we got 5 feet by the time we left.  So really 18 inches is really just fun for my kids.  Finally get to do some serious sledding this year.  P.S. In Northern Westchester, just south of Danbury, CT.  Really not bad.
Dude!  I live in northern westchester too!  Grew up in Tonawanda....what town are you in?

#37 grinreaper

grinreaper

    Top Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostThirtyEight, on 07 February 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

I think its time America learnt the metric system :P

What would happen if a team can't make a game? Anyone know what the rules are?


Learnt, and you're from Oxford? If a team doesn't show up, the other team gets an empty net penalty shot to decide the game.

#38 Knightrider

Knightrider

    Third Liner

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Near the East end of I-290 (Unfortunately it ends on I-495)

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

I was out on the roads on a snowmobile tonight, but the friggen plows are keeping up too well.  So far there has been a fair bit of wind, but not much snow.  So much for 24+ inches...

#39 skaught

skaught

    Rolston Centipede

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Diego, CA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

Since we're talking about weather, it just hailed here for about a minute, I bet they're going nuts on the news.

#40 Rayzer32

Rayzer32

    El Capitan!!!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Roc!!!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

New Englanders are a bunch of pansies when it comes to snow storms. You would think after how many years in the Northeast they would be able to handle the conditions. They should spend a winter in the Tug Hill Plateau if they wanna know what real snow is.
Attached File  Tug Hill.jpg   104.34K   28 downloads