417 replies to this topic

#1 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,425 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

Who shows up today?  Bruin beaters or Canadien cupcakes?

#2 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,568 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

I'm going to drink enough beer tonight to make me not worry about the game tomorrow.

#3 LaLaLaFontaine

LaLaLaFontaine

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

Cupcakes.

This team is 3 4 1, tomorrow 3 5 1

And we still believe that Myers can be our franchise d man, although he sho another devastating -3 performance.

I hope we do not have many injuries this season, so we do not have an excuse for this unacceptable performance.

Sorry, i saw the game yesterday and i am still sooo disapointed.

#4 bunomatic

bunomatic

bunomatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

I don't know what to think anymore. Damn we need these points. I don't have much faith in our loveable losers after that pathetic effort against the habs. I'm going to spend some time watching the super bowl instead and enjoying my b-day. But as always GO SABRES !

#5 nobody

nobody

Title? Someday...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

mmmm cupcakes.  Oh, not those type of cupcakes?

#6 Kristian

Kristian

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,487 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

Sabres owe a complete demolishing of Florida tonight.

You know, so they can suck the next time out again :wallbash:

#7 OverPowerYou

OverPowerYou

And Ottawa Must BE Destroyed...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

Sabres are 3-0-1 when i have watched them this year..... So I say they lose In a Shootout today

#8 ubkev

ubkev

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

They win today....I think...

#9 CallawaySabres

CallawaySabres

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

Win, lose, whatever - just try and make the games in April meaningful so my tickets are worth something.

#10 Peppy22

Peppy22

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

7:2 Buffalo Myers 3pts tonight

#11 Stormin Norman

Stormin Norman

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

I am two extremes in my thinking regarding the Sabres.  I want them to win so bad and get into the playoff hunt.  The game against Boston seemed like a jumping off point for a pretty good run, so I was beyond excited.  

Then we play the Canadiens and I'm thinking, "If they look like they have so far (sans Boston) for the rest of the year, we aren't going to get into the playoffs and changes will have to be made.  But it won't matter because they just extended Darcy and he's not going to do anything with Ruff.

How do I stop my head from exploding?

#12 wyldnwoody44

wyldnwoody44

dont pee into the wind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

Don't poke the panther!!!!

#13 wjag

wjag

Buffalo Sports -- Dysfunction Junction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,808 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

Panthers aren't the easy out they used to be, Buffalo seems to be playing in a fog.  Stifle the top line and victory is almost assured.

#14 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

:-/ I still believe this team has the tools. I am very concerned about the positioning in their own end. Clean that up and this team can go places. But can they?

#15 BRAWNDO

BRAWNDO

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

I think they win a close one, 3-2, after jumping out to a 3-0 lead.

#16 Who Else?

Who Else?

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

I'm guessing Sekera is out.  There can be no way Lindy puts leopold and Myers together again today.  So this is what is going to happen.  Whoever plays next to Leo today is the scapegoat.  Unfortunately I think it will be Weber since they played a few shifts together last night.  Leopold will be running around not covering his man trying to stick check everyone and pinch when it is the wrong time.  This will make the other D look horrible now matter how they play.

#17 wyldnwoody44

wyldnwoody44

dont pee into the wind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

If I recall from memory, I always thought the sabres player the panthers kinda like the Isles. They weren't that successful against them even when basement dwelling.. Florida record isn't great, but I do believe they are a better Florida team that we've seen in years past.

2nd end of a back to back in a game where we just got embarrassed badly. Is our confidence even more shot today? Today's game may just be more telling than yesterday's flop, it was somewhat expected after a Boston victory, but do we have the stones today to come. Back from the worst game of the season.

And please, someone on the 2nd 3rd or 4th line start putting the puck in the net.

#18 sizzlemeister

sizzlemeister

Dreamer of Dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

I hope they make the drive to the arena worth it.  I want to bring a "Fire Lindy" sign, but the boss won't allow it.  Maybe I'll paint it on my kids' foreheads.

#19 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,338 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Ugly numbers:

@BNHarrington
Another stat we believe: Jordan Leopold is minus-7 -- the worst rating for any NHL defenseman. Myers is minus-6. #Sabres

#20 Kristian

Kristian

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,487 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

View Postwyldnwoody44, on 03 February 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

If I recall from memory, I always thought the sabres player the panthers kinda like the Isles. They weren't that successful against them even when basement dwelling.. Florida record isn't great, but I do believe they are a better Florida team that we've seen in years past.

2nd end of a back to back in a game where we just got embarrassed badly. Is our confidence even more shot today? Today's game may just be more telling than yesterday's flop, it was somewhat expected after a Boston victory, but do we have the stones today to come. Back from the worst game of the season.

And please, someone on the 2nd 3rd or 4th line start putting the puck in the net.

And please, Myers and Leopold - Stop making Ryan digging the puck out of OUR net,

#21 repster

repster

Tis the season

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

It might not matter how much the Sabres need to win today.  This will be their third game in 4 nights, and Florida hasn't played since Thursday.  Combine that with the Sabres lack of confidence and probably some desperation by Florida, and I don't think the odds are too good.  That having been said, I will be there and hope I am totally wrong.  They better come out guns blazing or the atmosphere in the arena will be like a library and that will be another thing that won't help them.

#22 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,568 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

View Postwyldnwoody44, on 03 February 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

Don't poke the panther!!!!
Don't poke the panthah either!

#23 R_dudly

R_dudly

The Kids are making me nervous..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

I missed the boston game thread and they did so well I missed the Montreal thread. Interesting reading both after the fact. The tale of two cities the best of times and the worst of times, yep thats the sabres.

Not sure what team I'll see today either.

So Lindy tried to re-invent himself again this offseason, kinder gentler. I want to see him take charge and get this team to play within itself. For me that starts with Miller and the Defense. I don't care if they win 1-0 in a SO I want to see Lindy start with establishing some consitency having the defense play stay at home defense till the other lines and players sort them selves out. Coming off 3 games in 4 nights that should not be hard to establish since he himself said he wants no more pond hockey. I'm still seeing too much of that. If he does not know how to get his team to eliminate it than he does not deserve to be coaching a NHL team.

Let's Go Buff-a-lo !

#24 87168

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Any word on who gets the start?  Both Miller and Enroth played well yesterday considering.

#25 Billy Fuccillo

Billy Fuccillo

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

Two reasons why the Sabres suck:

1. Leopold-Myers

2. Foligno-Enis-Stafford

If the above decided to show up this season, this would be a reasonably competitive playoff-caliber team.

#26 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Woof

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,137 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

View Postwyldnwoody44, on 03 February 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

You and I recall the same. Even when we were rolling back in 06-07 the Panthers always made us look stupid. This team doesn't get up for the Panthers. Unfortunately I expect a loss in a real snoozer of a game. 2-0 Florida.

#27 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,530 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

View Postd4rksabre, on 03 February 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

You and I recall the same. Even when we were rolling back in 06-07 the Panthers always made us look stupid. This team doesn't get up for the Panthers. Unfortunately I expect a loss in a real snoozer of a game. 2-0 Florida.

Has anybody said "take them lightly" yet? Sabres/Sabres fans overrate everything.

#28 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Five-Year Old: Does Florida have a Cody?
Me: (checking roster online) No.
FYO: Sabres will win today because Florida isn't as good as the Sabres. They don't even have one Cody, we have two.

He was really excited that his favorite player got back last night. He thought #8 was the only guy who was trying to win.

#29 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,568 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostBilly Fuccillo, on 03 February 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

1. Leopold-Myers

2. Foligno-Enis-Stafford

If the above decided to show up this season, this would be a reasonably competitive playoff-caliber team.
Ott has been with Ennis and Stafford for several games now.  Foligno has been with Grigs and Hecht

#30 Bmwolf21

Bmwolf21

Habitual Line Stepper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts
  • Location:Parma Heights, OH by way of Orlando, Tallahassee and Niagara Falls

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Anyone know which Directv Center Ice channel is carrying the Sabres feed? My kid has a hockey game at 3:00 so I am going to miss the first (and probably most of the second) periods, so I need to DVR the game.

#31 BuffaloBorn

BuffaloBorn

tank on..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

I think the sabres blow out the panthers, because they're just that streaky of a team.

PS:
I have a question for you guys ! I was looking through the stats and what does s/g and sa/g mean?
idk why i don't know .. if anyone could help me out that'd be great....

it says Florida   29.0 s/g   Buffalo 31.8 s/g Florida 33.3 sa/g Buffalo 34.0 sa/g
thnx

Edited by BuffaloBorn, 03 February 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#32 Bmwolf21

Bmwolf21

Habitual Line Stepper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts
  • Location:Parma Heights, OH by way of Orlando, Tallahassee and Niagara Falls

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostBuffaloBorn, on 03 February 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

I think the sabres blow out the panthers, because they're just that streaky of a team.

PS:
I have a question for you guys ! I was looking through the stats and what does s/g and sa/g mean?
idk why i don't know .. if anyone could help me out that'd be great....

it says Florida   29.0 s/g   Buffalo 31.8 s/g Florida 33.3 sa/g Buffalo 34.0 sa/g
thnx

I think s/g is "shots for" per game and sa/g is "shots against" per game.

#33 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

If anybody wants to feel better about the Sabres, go ahead and watch the Caps to see what a shell of their former selves they are.

#34 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Woof

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,137 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 03 February 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

If anybody wants to feel better about the Sabres, go ahead and watch the Caps to see what a shell of their former selves they are.

They never should have fired Boudreau.

#35 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

View Postd4rksabre, on 03 February 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

They never should have fired Boudreau.

Boudreau never should have tried to turn the team into a shut-down defensive team without the right personnel or personalities, which was probably the biggest contributor to losing Ovechkin and the rest of the locker room.  Although, I do wonder if that was mandated from upstairs since they hired an insanely defensive coach after firing Boudreau.  Whoever made the decision, trying to shackle that team's elite offensive talent in a trap-like system was about the worst thing they could have done IMO.  And now, they just don't have the talent they used to (and yes, I'm including Ovechkin as part of that statement--he's definitely in decline).

#36 SabresBillsFan

SabresBillsFan

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostBilly Fuccillo, on 03 February 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

1. Leopold-Myers

2. Foligno-Enis-Stafford

Foligno has been playing better of late. But what about Lindy's coaching system/message. I'm sure the players are tired of hearing the sameshit over and over and over again. With one of the highest payrolls in the league this team is a mess.

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 03 February 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Boudreau never should have tried to turn the team into a shut-down defensive team without the right personnel or personalities, which was probably the biggest contributor to losing Ovechkin and the rest of the locker room.  Although, I do wonder if that was mandated from upstairs since they hired an insanely defensive coach after firing Boudreau.  Whoever made the decision, trying to shackle that team's elite offensive talent in a trap-like system was about the worst thing they could have done IMO.  And now, they just don't have the talent they used to (and yes, I'm including Ovechkin as part of that statement--he's definitely in decline).

Washington has been getting worse and this years team isn't that good. Washington did Boudreau a favor as I would much rather be in Anaheim.

I would love for Buffalo to get rid of Matt Ellis and bring up Kevin Porter or someone else from Rochester that can actually add offense. Don't get me wrong you have an energy guy in Ellis but he brings no offense to the table at all.

#37 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Woof

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,137 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 03 February 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

In agreement with you, I don't think defense-first was Boudreau's plan. He's not running a system like that in Anaheim as far as I know. I wonder just how much Ovechkin contributes to the problem. I wonder if he would prefer to be a component in a team rather than it's hood ornament. Almost makes logical the notion of trying to get him in Buffalo with young kids like Grigorenko, Foligno, Hodgson and Ennis. Plus vets like Vanek and Pommers.

#38 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Woof

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,137 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Brennan in for Sekera.

#39 Rayzer32

Rayzer32

El Capitan!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Well I posted Thursday against the Bruins and although the Sabres won, I had foot in mouth syndrome. So I don't post yesterday and they get butt hurt by Montreal. Guess we will see how today's game starts before I post anything else.

#40 wjag

wjag

Buffalo Sports -- Dysfunction Junction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,808 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Miller back between the pipes..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game discussion thread, Panthers