2 replies to this topic

#1 wallybarthman

wallybarthman

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

I saw in another thread a request to repost instructions on how to auto-record the Sabres games to your DVR.  Here's a repost:

Getting tired of setting the DVR on DirecTV?  Here's what you can do:

• Hit Menu on your remote and select Smart Search.  Then enter the following:
  • AALL SABRES CCHAN 638
  • Then hit your red button to do a smart search.
  • If you've got an HD-DVR at the next window select "High-Definition" and then "All"
  • Select Autorecord
I add an hour to each recording so I pick up the end of the game and the post-game show all in one recording.

You can do a similar search for NBC Sports Netowkr (AALL SABRES CCHAN 220) and your local NBC channel (AALL SABRES CCHAN 11 in my case).  

If you're out of market you need to add two more.  One for NHL network (ALL SABRES CCHAN 215) and your local RSN for when the Sabres play in your market (AALL SABRES CCHAN 659) in my case.

You also could just combined the NHL Network and NBC Sports Network into one auto record by going "AALL SABRES CCHAN 215 220"

I also do an auto record for the Pregame (AALL PREGAME CCHAN 638).  Unfortunately the pre game show isn't tagged as being in high definition so it'll record it both on 638 and 638-1 but that's not a big deal.

#2 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

As always, wally: you the man!

#3 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Thanks for posting this, very helpful.

As an aside I am very pissed at Direct TV right now.  I missed almost the whole first period last night because my Center Ice channels were not coming in.  This has happened more than a few times in the past for both Center Ice and Sunday Ticket and it's always on the receiver in my man cave.  I've spoke to the Direct TV tech support folks and they acknowledge the problem is on their end, but yet they refuse to give me a new receiver without signing a new contract.  I'm calling tonight and demanding a new receiver and free center ice and Sunday ticket next year or I'm walking.  I'll just get the games on my PS3.