90 replies to this topic

#1 That Aud Smell

That Aud Smell

That Nostalgic Olfactory Blend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

This is a strange topic for me to start, since I will only make it to 2 or 3 games this year, but I wanted to start a thread about the Chet and Muffy trend at our home rink, but figured I would create a thread with a more expansive scope.

Anyway, I went to the Peter Gabriel show up in TO back in the fall and was struck (dumbfounded) by how passive, quiet, and lame the sold-out house was, as a whole. This was especially jarring after I'd seen footage of the crowds in Quebec from just a few days prior, which were loud and spirited.

Fast forward to last night's game, and I was again struck by how lame the TO/Leafs crowd was (for a home opener, no less). Then I saw mentions of it on Twitter, and then the comment in the write-up below.

Now, I realize that the Leafs haven't been good for a long time, and that that's part of what is going on. But I also think that what you see in the ACC is symptomatic of a larger trend in professional sports -- you see it at our FNC as well -- I think you even see it at Gillette [sic?] Stadium in Foxboro. It's the Chet and Muffy phenomenon -- as John Lennon once said (paraphrasing): The crowd in the balcony can go ahead and scream, but you down in the front can just rattle your jewelry.

Then, in the last two minutes and 33 seconds of the third when the Leafs pulled their goaltender for an extra skater, which finally woke up those left among the slumbering crowd of 19,475, Miller again slammed the door shut on the hosts.

http://www.theglobea...article7617635/

#2 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,430 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

Toronto: I noticed a few times during replays.  Look at the fans in the background.  They're not watching the game.

FWIW, the F'NC was great for the opener.  There are times where people are biting their nails too much to actually cheer.

#3 shrader

shrader

National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,672 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

I'm sure it was said in the game thread, but they really need to move their cameras.  I guess they're just not used to their fans standing up because I really would have liked to see the last minute of that game.

Edited by shrader, 22 January 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#4 Peppy22

Peppy22

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostSpndnchz, on 22 January 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

Toronto: I noticed a few times during replays.  Look at the fans in the background.  They're not watching the game.

FWIW, the F'NC was great for the opener.  There are times where people are biting their nails too much to actually cheer.

I only have the TV feed but when I saw the FLyers game I thought... holy crap is this arena empty? Like 2 or 3 minutes in there was nothing. I think I heard "Let's Go Buffalo" once all game long. Maybe it's because I am used to the euro arena atmosphere but it was sad to hear (or not to hear) that.

#5 Grumpy

Grumpy

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

My wife accuses me of being hard of hearing on occasion, yet I have to ask if I'm the only one who finds the PA system WAY too loud at the FNC?

And yes, how can production crews place cameras where standing fans obstruct the view?  We see it in other rinks also.

#6 BuffaloBorn

BuffaloBorn

tank on..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

them euros sure know how to cheer,,,,

I remember during the game during the end they KEPT SHOWING this guys HEAD perfectly blocking everything going down on the ice. it was SO annoying i was screaming at the T.V "MOVE YOUR ****ING HEAD!" lol

Edited by BuffaloBorn, 22 January 2013 - 08:50 AM.

#7 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo or, Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

One thing you need to keep in mind is that a Leaf crowd is all corporate suits.  They don't cheer, as they don't care about the Leafs or hockey.  All they care about is shmoosing the next corporate deal.  No *average, everyday Leaf fan* get to go to the games, unless they comp tickets.

As for Peter Gabriel ... he is old and by and large his audiance is old, like me ... nuff said.

#8 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,441 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostThat Aud Smell, on 22 January 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

This is a strange topic for me to start, since I will only make it to 2 or 3 games this year, but I wanted to start a thread about the Chet and Muffy trend at our home rink, but figured I would create a thread with a more expansive scope.

Anyway, I went to the Peter Gabriel show up in TO back in the fall and was struck (dumbfounded) by how passive, quiet, and lame the sold-out house was, as a whole. This was especially jarring after I'd seen footage of the crowds in Quebec from just a few days prior, which were loud and spirited.

Fast forward to last night's game, and I was again struck by how lame the TO/Leafs crowd was (for a home opener, no less). Then I saw mentions of it on Twitter, and then the comment in the write-up below.

Now, I realize that the Leafs haven't been good for a long time, and that that's part of what is going on. But I also think that what you see in the ACC is symptomatic of a larger trend in professional sports -- you see it at our FNC as well -- I think you even see it at Gillette [sic?] Stadium in Foxboro. It's the Chet and Muffy phenomenon -- as John Lennon once said (paraphrasing): The crowd in the balcony can go ahead and scream, but you down in the front can just rattle your jewelry.

Then, in the last two minutes and 33 seconds of the third when the Leafs pulled their goaltender for an extra skater, which finally woke up those left among the slumbering crowd of 19,475, Miller again slammed the door shut on the hosts.

http://www.theglobea...article7617635/

I just spent a few days in Mexico, where at least half of the resort were Canadians*, and about 80% of those, from Toronto.  A lot of them bemoaned the atmosphere at ACC and said they preferred the atmosphere at F'NC to it.  A number of remarks about the "great fans you have down there, eh?" and such.

* Apparently, this town is so popular with Canadians that there is a bar advertising NHL and CFL games, which is exactly where I spent Sunday afternoon.

#9 weehawk

weehawk

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

I have to agree about crowds at ACC. I saw Roxy Music there a few years back. The place was setup for a half-house with curtains, but even the 5000 or so that were there were absolutely dead. No one moved, sang, danced, nothing. I also saw wrestling at ACC and it was quiet compared to other large-scale matches I've seen. However, when the Torontonians come down to BUF for for hockey, concerts, football, etc, they act like lunatics. Go figure.

#10 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,430 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

View Postweehawk, on 22 January 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

I have to agree about crowds at ACC. I saw Roxy Music there a few years back. The place was setup for a half-house with curtains, but even the 5000 or so that were there were absolutely dead. No one moved, sang, danced, nothing. I also saw wrestling at ACC and it was quiet compared to other large-scale matches I've seen. However, when the Torontonians come down to BUF for for hockey, concerts, football, etc, they act like lunatics. Go figure.

Two words.  Beer Bus.

#11 LabattBlue

LabattBlue

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

The "suits" that are filling the ACC are not the same fans who are attending games at the FNC.

#12 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,530 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

View Postshrader, on 22 January 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

I'm sure it was said in the game thread, but they really need to move their cameras.  I guess they're just not used to their fans standing up because I really would have liked to see the last minute of that game.

It didn't help that the Sabres broadcast was showing a replay and missed about four seconds after the final faceoff.

#13 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

Even John Scott outscored me.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Which is why Canadian Bills fans prefer to see games at RWS than the Rogers Centre.

PTR

#14 weehawk

weehawk

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

To an extent, you're right. The bulk of the people in the lower bowl are probably corporate types. But where are the real fans that have tix upstairs? Every arena has "suits" in the lower bowl. They're the only ones who can afford them. But you assume the rest of the bldg is filled with real fans who have loud voices. It's just not that way in TO. In other Candian cities they are vocal, but TO just seems really quiet. It's like they put no-doze in the over priced Labatt's. I guess losing for so long just has them super-jaded now. Nothing short of winning 3 Cups in a row will get them excited.

View PostLabattBlue, on 22 January 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

The "suits" that are filling the ACC are not the same fans who are attending games at the FNC.

#15 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,530 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostPeppy22, on 22 January 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

I only have the TV feed but when I saw the FLyers game I thought... holy crap is this arena empty? Like 2 or 3 minutes in there was nothing. I think I heard "Let's Go Buffalo" once all game long. Maybe it's because I am used to the euro arena atmosphere but it was sad to hear (or not to hear) that.

OK, so I can finally speak with a bit of authority since I was at the opener, sitting up top behind the net the Sabres shot at twice. The remark about the piped-in sound being too loud is spot on. There is absolutely no reason for fans to make noise when it's being made for them. It also deadens your senses. After all that Jumbotron noise about the Sabres-Flyers history, the fans just couldn't make an instant transition to cheer that much for the player introductions. It was surprisingly low-key (and rushed for some reason; maybe because of the timing of the national broadcast). Of course Lindy got the biggest cheer.

Peppy, there were a number of pretty decent Let's Go Buffalos. What struck me about the crowd is how quiet it got after the Flyers went up 2-1. Of course it was easy to cheer after Vanek tied it and the Sabres rolled toward the end of the game. Lindy even talked about it afterwards. Chz probably has it right. We're just too neurotic.

Sorry, Eleven, it was just pretty dead in there, but was still louder than I expected and was probably one of the louder nights in recent seasons. Many more people were out of their seats after goals than I almost ever see on TV. The fight and all the goals were cheered loudly, for 15 or 20 seconds, but it couldn't carry through to the faceoff like you see in other joints. Pierre Maguire bragged about the atmosphere in Philly; I doubt he was impressed in Buffalo.

It's the nature of the crowd makeup today, and the crowd in Buffalo, but I also blame game presentation and the constant drumbeat of marketing. They just can't let it go with the cameras in people's faces, and that makes everyone look at the Jumbotron, which seems odd to me. Pom-pons don't help much either (although he played a nice game) since if you're shaking one, you can't clap. What happened to the idea of distributing clickers or clackers or whatever?

It's a great place to see a game and a great hockey town. The support for this franchise is tremendous and always has been. It's just not a loud building.

#16 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostEleven, on 22 January 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

I just spent a few days in Mexico, where at least half of the resort were Canadians*, and about 80% of those, from Toronto.  A lot of them bemoaned the atmosphere at ACC and said they preferred the atmosphere at F'NC to it.  A number of remarks about the "great fans you have down there, eh?" and such.

* Apparently, this town is so popular with Canadians that there is a bar advertising NHL and CFL games, which is exactly where I spent Sunday afternoon.

Did you say hello to Montezuma?  I hope he did not exact any revenge.

#17 Peppy22

Peppy22

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostPASabreFan, on 22 January 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

OK, so I can finally speak with a bit of authority since I was at the opener, sitting up top behind the net the Sabres shot at twice. The remark about the piped-in sound being too loud is spot on. There is absolutely no reason for fans to make noise when it's being made for them. It also deadens your senses. After all that Jumbotron noise about the Sabres-Flyers history, the fans just couldn't make an instant transition to cheer that much for the player introductions. It was surprisingly low-key (and rushed for some reason; maybe because of the timing of the national broadcast). Of course Lindy got the biggest cheer.

Peppy, there were a number of pretty decent Let's Go Buffalos. What struck me about the crowd is how quiet it got after the Flyers went up 2-1. Of course it was easy to cheer after Vanek tied it and the Sabres rolled toward the end of the game. Lindy even talked about it afterwards. Chz probably has it right. We're just too neurotic.

Sorry, Eleven, it was just pretty dead in there, but was still louder than I expected and was probably one of the louder nights in recent seasons. Many more people were out of their seats after goals than I almost ever see on TV. The fight and all the goals were cheered loudly, for 15 or 20 seconds, but it couldn't carry through to the faceoff like you see in other joints. Pierre Maguire bragged about the atmosphere in Philly; I doubt he was impressed in Buffalo.

It's the nature of the crowd makeup today, and the crowd in Buffalo, but I also blame game presentation and the constant drumbeat of marketing. They just can't let it go with the cameras in people's faces, and that makes everyone look at the Jumbotron, which seems odd to me. Pom-pons don't help much either (although he played a nice game) since if you're shaking one, you can't clap. What happened to the idea of distributing clickers or clackers or whatever?

It's a great place to see a game and a great hockey town. The support for this franchise is tremendous and always has been. It's just not a loud building.

yeah thats what I meant with: I only got the tv feed... thats always different but I think there was a reason why there was something last year on twitter FNC LOUD or whatever it was called... difference is In the US / Canada hockey visitors are families, you hardly see mother and daughter go nuts to cheer for a team ;)

#18 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,441 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostPASabreFan, on 22 January 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

Just now catching this (by now you know I was away) and you should know that during your absence last year, I noted that the building had gotten quieter.  I even posted something like "too bad PA isn't around, because the building finally is quiet."  That said, see my other post about how many Torontonians think our building is rocking compared to theirs.

And most importantly, glad to hear that you finally got to one!

#19 Grumpy

Grumpy

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

I thought the building was quiet shortly after the 99 run to the finals.  We began to expect more and the over all NHL product was, frankly, boring leading into the lockout.  It really rocked post lockout with more open game, increase in scoring and the Sabres success.  There was a huge influx of new season ticket holders and new fans to a winning and exciting team. The game has changed and is less open, less exciting and we aren't playing that well at homes at an increasing rate. The product has become boring at times again.  Throw in what CHZ said about apprehension and waiting for things to turn bad and that would be my explanation.

Edited by Grumpy, 23 January 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#20 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

These days I don't think fans are spontaneously loud or engaged at many NHL arenas (maybe Winnipeg being the exception).  When prompted by the scoreboard fans get loud, but I have always contended that how loud they get is more of a factor of building design / acoustics than the passion or involvement of the crowd as a whole.

#21 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,530 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 23 January 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

These days I don't think fans are spontaneously loud or engaged at many NHL arenas (maybe Winnipeg being the exception).  When prompted by the scoreboard fans get loud, but I have always contended that how loud they get is more of a factor of building design / acoustics than the passion or involvement of the crowd as a whole.

Not to go all Art Wander here, but if they would just let people get into the game… Chants that are going pretty good don't survive the whistle because of all the garbage they have to fit in during breaks. There isn't one blessed break that belongs to the fans anymore.

One of my hopes for Terry was that he would be a smart enough hockey fan to understand this, and to understand how important a raucous building can be to the game. Yet the dollars win out. They always do, despite the "drill a well" comment. Disappointing.

Wonder what's different in Winnipeg.

Edited by PASabreFan, 23 January 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#22 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,441 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

View PostPASabreFan, on 23 January 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Not to go all Art Wander here, but if they would just let people get into the game… Chants that are going pretty good don't survive the whistle because of all the garbage they have to fit in during breaks. There isn't one blessed break that belongs to the fans anymore.

One of my hopes for Terry was that he would be a smart enough hockey fan to understand this, and to understand how important a raucous building can be to the game. Yet the dollars win out. They always do, despite the "drill a well" comment. Disappointing.

1.  Amen.

2.  Give it a couple of years.

#23 gohansrage

gohansrage

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

First, I hate the commercials and in game "entertainment."  I agree it doesn't allow the fans to get their own buzz going.

But I sort of take exception to this idea (no offense to you) that Pegula should automatically just throw away all revenue streams we don't like.  The "drill a well" comment was an indciation that the Sabres wouldn't be bound my budget limitations anymore (which they aren't).  It doesn't meant the team is going to not care about making money.

#24 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Agreed.  More organ, less "kiss cam" type stuff would go a long way.

#25 Punch

Punch

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

I heartily agree with everything you've posted.

Regarding Winnipeg--- it may have something to do with the fact the Jets just returned after being ripped away from them 16 years ago. Just a hunch.

FWIW, I don't think the Jets home opener sounded particularly raucous on TV, but I didn't watch from start to finish.

Edited by Punch, 23 January 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#26 weave

weave

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,447 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 23 January 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

These days I don't think fans are spontaneously loud or engaged at many NHL arenas (maybe Winnipeg being the exception). When prompted by the scoreboard fans get loud, but I have always contended that how loud they get is more of a factor of building design / acoustics than the passion or involvement of the crowd as a whole.

I hadn't really considered this. May be something to it.

Even during the dark years of the 80's the Aud was always a very loud place so I'm not ready to proclaim the on ice product as the primary source of the quieter crowds.

#27 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostEleven, on 23 January 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

1.  Amen.

The Jets have always had loud fans.  The most engaged fans in the NHL, IMO.

Granted they are still in the honeymoon stage after getting their Jets back, but I certainly expect it to stand the test of time.

#28 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,441 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostSabres Fan In NS, on 23 January 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

The Jets have always had loud fans.  The most engaged fans in the NHL, IMO.

Granted they are still in the honeymoon stage after getting their Jets back, but I certainly expect it to stand the test of time.

They'll get sick of the "ev-ry*-bo-dy-clap-your-hands" jackass, too.

*As pronounced by that guy, not as properly pronounced or spelled.  I know.

#29 Grumpy

Grumpy

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostEleven, on 23 January 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

1.  Amen.

I'll the second the AMEN and yes, it's too early to judge Winnepeg

View Postweave, on 23 January 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Even during the dark years of the 80's the Aud was always a very loud place so I'm not ready to proclaim the on ice product as the primary source of the quieter crowds.

A lot more fights in those days, so it was a different game and a different generation of fans.

Edited by Grumpy, 23 January 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#30 SwampD

SwampD

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,458 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

What does this have to do with how loud the scoreboard is?

#31 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,441 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostSwampD, on 23 January 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

What does this have to do with how loud the scoreboard is?

Often, the scoreboard has sponsored promotions going on.

#32 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,430 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'll generally agree with the first part. it still needs some work.  In comparison to a few years ago where they would interupt after every whistle, the end of last year and so far this year they've been doing less of it.  If a Let's Go BuFF-A-LO is going on through the whistle they've generally waited until the chant is over or near it's end anyway.

#33 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Another benefit of toning down the constant bombardment of noise pollution is the spontaneous comments and chants you could get during the quieter moments during breaks in the action.  Hearing some loud guy yell down from the oranges at the opposing coach or player was great.  And who could forget 16,000 fans chanting "HARRIS IS A BUM!!" back at the Aud.

View Postweave, on 23 January 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

I've only been to four or five NHL arenas, but for the two I've been to the most FNC and PNC, the FNC is absolutely cavernous compared to PNC arena.

Some people also claim that the Canes mic the crowd and run it through the PA, I never really bought into that theory, but I have to say after sitting in the 300's for the first time there last year I think there might be something to it.  The jury is still out.

#34 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,430 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed joining the "Fly-ers SUCK chant last Sunday.

#35 weave

weave

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,447 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 23 January 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

Another benefit of toning down the constant bombardment of noise pollution is the spontaneous comments and chants you could get during the quieter moments during breaks in the action.  Hearing some loud guy yell down from the oranges at the opposing coach or player was great.  And who could forget 16,000 fans chanting "HARRIS IS A BUM!!" back at the Aud.

:wub:

I miss hecklers that were so loud you could hear them on the TV broadcast.

#36 Falstaff

Falstaff

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostSpndnchz, on 23 January 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

I thoroughly enjoyed joining the "Fly-ers SUCK chant last Sunday.
Yes, it made me smile hearing it come through my TV...in Philadelphia.  :-D

#37 apuszczalowski

apuszczalowski

Commander of the Armies of the North

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Smaller arena
Yes that does result in less fans in attendance, but the smaller arena also makes it sound much louder. Most of the arenas in the league hold close to 18-20k and are huge
Winnipeg holds around 15k and is much smaller making it sound much louder. Throw in the fact that they are in the honeymoon stage of getting a team back and that place should be LOUD

#38 billsrcursed

billsrcursed

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostEleven, on 23 January 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

They'll get sick of the "ev-ry*-bo-dy-clap-your-hands" jackass, too.

*As pronounced by that guy, not as properly pronounced or spelled.  I know.

When you type it out that way, I read it in that guy's voice, and in the same rhythm. Now I can't undo it. You ruined my day...lol

#39 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Woof

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,153 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

View Postweave, on 23 January 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

:wub:

I miss hecklers that were so loud you could hear them on the TV broadcast.

If I ever move back to Buffalo, I'll be sure to take the reigns. It's all about reading the silent moments correctly.

#40 shrader

shrader

National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,672 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

How exactly is Winnipeg's smaller building setup?  If it has the lower ceiling like the old arenas, that would go a long way in helping with that noise level.