• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 SDS

SDS

• SS Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

For those who want to track what a former "core" member is up to... for those who don't  - move along, nothing of interest here.

Game 1: Roy is the face off king. It seems he took 80% of the draws and went 17/23 over 22 shifts and ~22 min on ice.

#2 weave

weave

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

And Kassian scored a goal and won a fight with Ben Eager.

Seems that all the guys with new starts did fairly well during opening weekend.

#3 Rico7

Rico7

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

View PostSDS, on 21 January 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

For those who want to track what a former "core" member is up to... for those who don't  - move along, nothing of interest here.

Game 1: Roy is the face off king. It seems he took 80% of the draws and went 17/23 over 22 shifts and ~22 min on ice.

Is he playing on a line with Jagr?

#4 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,681 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostRico7, on 21 January 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Is he playing on a line with Jagr?

Yup. And Eriksson.

#5 Neuvirths Glove

Neuvirths Glove

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

I watched both Stars games.  Roy definitely benefited from the change of scenery, but then again, I knew he would.  The Stars needed a #1 center and they got one.  I've worked at places where, after a while, you just get burned out and it's time to do something new.  This was Roy's issue with the Sabres.  I always think he had the talent, but he was burned out.  A new start will be good for him.

#6 jimiVbaby

jimiVbaby

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

I watched a couple minutes of the Dallas game last night... Admittedly I only saw one Roy shift but he didn't hustle back to the bench and lost the puck twice in the neutral zone.  It made me smile.

#7 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostDoohickie, on 21 January 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

I watched both Stars games.  Roy definitely benefited from the change of scenery, but then again, I knew he would.  The Stars needed a #1 center and they got one. I've worked at places where, after a while, you just get burned out and it's time to do something new.  This was Roy's issue with the Sabres.  I always think he had the talent, but he was burned out.  A new start will be good for him.

Surely you mean #2 center?  Benn is their #1 (and is a real #1) and as soon as he's back I'd expect him to get Jagr and Ericsson on his wings.

#8 Meathead

Meathead

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

hes a good player. i was sorry to see him go but it was time. the sabres desperately needed someone like ott and the bflo 'fans' had decided roy was to blame for all the recent failures. i wish him well against everybody but us

#9 IKnowPhysics

IKnowPhysics

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Note that there is no Gragnani tracker.  He's buried in Charlotte, after being released by Vacouver and waived/sent down by Carolina before the lockout.

#10 Grumpy

Grumpy

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

I amvery glad he's gone for Ott and moving him was overdue.

By the same token, all the "addition by subtraction" talk of moving him looks like it was just another excuse for the guys still here.

#11 \GoBillsInDallas/

\GoBillsInDallas/

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

http://www.vancouver...7285/story.html

#12 weave

weave

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

Nothing we weren't already aware of, eh?

He has just one point in his team's first-round playoff series and has not shown a willingness to go to the tough areas

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz2SbaSfTW1

Roy, since joining the Canucks in early April and particularly in this series, has preferred to remain on the perimeter.

Edited by weave, 07 May 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#13 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,681 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

"Diminutive Derek". But he's a top 20 center!

Good old double D.

#14 Grumpy

Grumpy

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

I could post this in the Connolly thread just as easily.  It's a shame that this board feels the need to bash former players because our team is so $hitty that we have nothing else to do.  These gusys didn't ask to be drafted here and had no control over their their fellow players or coaches. They signed the contracts offered them by management.  I would assume the coach had some input. Actually, those two guys have seen more success with this organization than most of the current players.  Will Eleven bash Ruff if team Canada doesn't win the IIHF World Championship? No, it will be the players fault.  They win, it was great coaching. According to the clowns on local sports radio, Roy was the cancer that pulled this team dowm  Hamilton loved to talk about the player who told us off the record, "watch this team go" when Roy was hurt a couple of years ago with that severe muscle tear. Gee Paully, would you like to tell us who that was after the debacle of this year? I'll guess he was part of this team.  Chz, your posts suggest intimate media knowledge.  Do you have any info?

Edited by Grumpy, 09 May 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#15 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostGrumpy, on 09 May 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

I could post this in the Connolly thread just as easily.  It's a shame that this board feels the need to bash former players because our team is so $hitty that we have nothing else to do.  These gusys didn't ask to be drafted here and had no control over their their fellow players or coaches. They signed the contracts offered them by management.  I would assume the coach had some input. Actually, those two guys have seen more success with this organization than most of the current players.  Will Eleven bash Ruff if team Canada doesn't win the IIHF World Championship? No, it will be the players fault.  They win, it was great coaching. According to the clowns on local sports radio, Roy was the cancer that pulled this team dowm  Hamilton loved to talk about the player who told us off the record, "watch this team go" when Roy was hurt a couple of years ago with that severe muscle tear. Gee Paully, would you like to tell us who that was after the debacle of this year? I'll guess he was part of this team.  Chz, your posts suggest intimate media knowledge.  Do you have any info?

Please don't speak for me.  I'll do neither; the IIHF stuff doesn't matter one bit.  I also won't go nuts if the USA wins.  It's not the Olympics.  It's a lesser tournament to the WJC, in my mind.

As for Roy, I never really had a problem with him (except for the diving), but I never really loved him, either.  He was what he was: a nearly point-per-game player with some (reported) maturity issues.  His production was not replaced over the summer, and I think I'm well on record that I was not happy that his production was not replaced.

As for Connolly, he was not drafted here, but he did have no say in his trade.  He showed little effort over the years.  I do not miss him.  Several friends who are bartenders do miss him.

#16 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,681 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Um well... Just an ear down.

#17 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

If it goes wrong, blame Battista

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Roy is just a lazy punk with a  big chip on his shoulder who never pushes himself or really tries. He is a naturally soft player who was coached soft by Lindy Ruff, and encouraged to remain soft by Ruff,  and his bad work ethic is so ingrained now I don't see him ever improving.   The other "plus" he brings are dumb penalties that hurt the team at really bad times, because he does what he wants and isn't a 'team' player.  

Sabres are better off without him - however, the problem is there's so much dead wood in the Sabres lineup that trimming him didn't have a visible effect -  sort of like having a woods full of dead trees - getting rid of one is an improvement, but the overall look doesn't change much.

#18 Kristian

Kristian

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

View Postweave, on 07 May 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

Nothing we weren't already aware of, eh?

[/background][/color][/left]

Nope, could've told the Canucks that much.