Jump to content


Uhhh..tickets?


  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    Makin' it rain

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Did I miss anything? I have not seen anything about sending us our tickets, and the season starts in like 10 days. I didn't even think about this with the lockout and all but now the Sabres are under the gun.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot, 06 January 2013 - 05:31 PM.


#2 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,861 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Sabres twitter just said info coming shortly.

#3 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

    First Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,904 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheektowaga, NY

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Hard to send tickets when the schedule isn't finalized.

#4 IKnowPhysics

IKnowPhysics

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 06 January 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

Hard to send tickets when the schedule CBA isn't finalized.


#5 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,606 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Not sure how it normally works with the Sabres but I usually don't get my tickets until 2 or 3 days before the opener.

#6 Taro T

Taro T

    It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,947 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 06 January 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Did I miss anything? I have not seen anything about sending us our tickets, and the season starts in like 10 days. I didn't even think about this with the lockout and all but now the Sabres are under the gun.

PTR
Back in '95 the revised schedule tix showed up ~3 days before the 1st game.  Difference between this year and that one is the Sabres had initially sent tix out in September '94 when they THOUGHT there'd be a full season.  Ooops.  I'd expect I've still got those 41 game ticket books buried away somewhere.

#7 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,788 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 06 January 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Did I miss anything? I have not seen anything about sending us our tickets, and the season starts in like 10 days. I didn't even think about this with the lockout and all but now the Sabres are under the gun.

PTR

They could send out tix tomorrow and are printed like playoff tix.  Home Game 1, home game 2, for maybe the first 5 home games.  Once schedule is done (already is) and tickets printed, send the rest.

#8 Derrico

Derrico

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greater Toronto Area

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

I wonder how Mini-Pak tickets will work.  Will there be a minimum of 5 games you have to re select?

#9 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    Makin' it rain

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostSpndnchz, on 06 January 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

They could send out tix tomorrow and are printed like playoff tix.  Home Game 1, home game 2, for maybe the first 5 home games.  Once schedule is done (already is) and tickets printed, send the rest.
Good point. They could also let folks print their own tickets online from the "My Sabres" site.   As for the schedule I always assumed they would just pick it up wherever.

StubHub is posting tickets, but will this be the schedule?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot, 06 January 2013 - 09:09 PM.


#10 sizzlemeister

sizzlemeister

    Dreamer of Dreams

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In your neighborhood.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostDerrico, on 06 January 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

I wonder how Mini-Pak tickets will work.  Will there be a minimum of 5 games you have to re select?

No way.  They have refunded the money or put the money in an account for the games missed.  There's no way they would require us to pick a new set of at least five games.

My guess is they're going to fit the extra games around the schedule that would have already existed when this shortened season starts, and that you still get the tickets for the games left on your list, probably with an option, not a mandate, to pick up newly scheduled games.

#11 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,788 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

View Postsizzlemeister, on 06 January 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

No way.  They have refunded the money or put the money in an account for the games missed.  There's no way they would require us to pick a new set of at least five games.

My guess is they're going to fit the extra games around the schedule that would have already existed when this shortened season starts, and that you still get the tickets for the games left on your list, probably with an option, not a mandate, to pick up newly scheduled games.

Probably.  Leave all the in-conference games intact, substitute in-conference for out of conference, fill up the All Star break...

#12 theesir

theesir

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amherst, NY

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

I've missed two of the games that were part of my mini pack (both in December) and have not even received and email from the team indicating how I will be refunded or handled otherwise. CBA or not, these games are passed. Were they not allowed to communicate with customers during the lockout either?

#13 OP Class '75

OP Class '75

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Don't Be Stupid!!!  Fans need to send a message to the owners and to the players.  If you want your voice heard, do not go to the first home game!!  In every arena, the first home game MUST be played before empty seats!!!!  The fans must speak with one voice and empty seats is the language that will be understood.  DO NOT GO TO THE FIRST HOME GAME!!!!!

#14 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

    The 'd' is silent

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Horseheads

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostOP Class, on 07 January 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

Don't Be Stupid!!!  Fans need to send a message to the owners and to the players.  If you want your voice heard, do not go to the first home game!!  In every arena, the first home game MUST be played before empty seats!!!!  The fans must speak with one voice and empty seats is the language that will be understood.  DO NOT GO TO THE FIRST HOME GAME!!!!!
Punctuate once!!!! And yes... we know... but it's the personal decision of fans if they want to go or not.

Edited by qwksndmonster, 07 January 2013 - 02:10 PM.


#15 sizzlemeister

sizzlemeister

    Dreamer of Dreams

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In your neighborhood.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

View Posttheesir, on 07 January 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

I've missed two of the games that were part of my mini pack (both in December) and have not even received and email from the team indicating how I will be refunded or handled otherwise. CBA or not, these games are passed. Were they not allowed to communicate with customers during the lockout either?

I have been contacted the month after the month of games that I have had.  Considering that we're just coming out of the holidays, you may not hear from them for another week yet.

The process is actually very well done, although the Sabres could stand to hire a new HTML coder.

#16 Taro T

Taro T

    It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,947 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostOP Class, on 07 January 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

Don't Be Stupid!!!  Fans need to send a message to the owners and to the players.  If you want your voice heard, do not go to the first home game!!  In every arena, the first home game MUST be played before empty seats!!!!  The fans must speak with one voice and empty seats is the language that will be understood.  DO NOT GO TO THE FIRST HOME GAME!!!!!
Are you going to reimburse those STH's that have already paid for their tix to not show up?

#17 nucci

nucci

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wilmington, DE

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostOP Class, on 07 January 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

Don't Be Stupid!!!  Fans need to send a message to the owners and to the players.  If you want your voice heard, do not go to the first home game!!  In every arena, the first home game MUST be played before empty seats!!!!  The fans must speak with one voice and empty seats is the language that will be understood.  DO NOT GO TO THE FIRST HOME GAME!!!!!
What will this prove?

#18 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,788 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostTaro T, on 07 January 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Are you going to reimburse those STH's that have already paid for their tix to not show up?

I think we're supposed to sell them and tell the buyer there's a stipulation that they can't go.  Easy peasy.

#19 Taro T

Taro T

    It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,947 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostSpndnchz, on 07 January 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

I think we're supposed to sell them and tell the buyer there's a stipulation that they can't go.  Easy peasy.
So, it's so simple, even a Chara can do it?

#20 cdexchange

cdexchange

    www.DiscsForDogs.org

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamburg, NY

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostOP Class, on 07 January 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

Don't Be Stupid!!!  Fans need to send a message to the owners and to the players.  If you want your voice heard, do not go to the first home game!!  In every arena, the first home game MUST be played before empty seats!!!!  The fans must speak with one voice and empty seats is the language that will be understood.  DO NOT GO TO THE FIRST HOME GAME!!!!!


aaaaand...this is the one downside of the lockout being over.  :doh:

#21 IKnowPhysics

IKnowPhysics

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

View Postnucci, on 07 January 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

What will this prove?

It'll prove I can get great seats for the home opener for a good price.

#22 Sabills182

Sabills182

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochacha

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

I am glad I have been working overtime lately to spend some $ on tickets

#23 Sabre Dance

Sabre Dance

    Brighter days ahead...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South of the city.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

View Postnucci, on 07 January 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

What will this prove?

Don't Tread On Me.

Not that it will happen......You know, for all the rancor and vitriol spewed about the lockout on these pages, there are an awful lot of fans who now are acting like the lockout never happened. I've heard of short memories, but gee whiz....at least be a LITTLE indignant.  :mellow:

#24 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

    Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester/Finger Lakes

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostSabre Dance, on 08 January 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

Don't Tread On Me.

Not that it will happen......You know, for all the rancor and vitriol spewed about the lockout on these pages, there are an awful lot of fans who now are acting like the lockout never happened. I've heard of short memories, but gee whiz....at least be a LITTLE indignant.  :mellow:

Maybe we should start a new practice of booing Gary Bettman every time he steps in front of an audience...oh wait.

#25 Sabre Dance

Sabre Dance

    Brighter days ahead...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South of the city.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostLastPommerFan, on 08 January 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Maybe we should start a new practice of booing Gary Bettman every time he steps in front of an audience...oh wait.

Yeah, methinks the Commish won't be attending any games for a while. :bag:

#26 Eleven

Eleven

    All Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,091 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostSabre Dance, on 08 January 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

Yeah, methinks the Commish won't be attending any games for a while. :bag:

I don't think he'll be commissioner for much longer.

#27 Taro T

Taro T

    It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,947 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostEleven, on 08 January 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

I don't think he'll be commissioner for much longer.
Why so?

I know the players and the fans don't like him, but I haven't heard of grumbling within the G30.  Am I missing something?

#28 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,788 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostTaro T, on 08 January 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Why so?

I know the players and the fans don't like him, but I haven't heard of grumbling within the G30.  Am I missing something?

He's 60 years old.  He'll be 68 when the CBA gets drafted again.  Daly's mid 40's and would be logical takeover.

#29 Taro T

Taro T

    It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,947 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostSpndnchz, on 08 January 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

He's 60 years old.  He'll be 68 when the CBA gets drafted again.  Daly's mid 40's and would be logical takeover.
Him stepping down to an advisory role in 7 or so years I can see.  Him stepping down within the next 18-24 months (which is what took the comment to imply) doesn't seem as obvious to me unless either Jacobs or the Snyders are ticked at him.  Are they or some other faction of the G30 pushing him out?

#30 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

    Texting Nun

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,936 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostEleven, on 08 January 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

I don't think he'll be commissioner for much longer.

Interesting........

#31 Eleven

Eleven

    All Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,091 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostTaro T, on 08 January 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Why so?

I know the players and the fans don't like him, but I haven't heard of grumbling within the G30.  Am I missing something?

I think he'll retire.  He's got the last CBA that he's going to get; he's got his legacy of bringing hockey to the Smoky Mountains, and he's got enough money to last forever.  He doesn't need to hear the boos every time someone wins the Cup and every time he opens the draft.  He'll step aside, I think.

#32 theesir

theesir

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amherst, NY

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

View Postsizzlemeister, on 07 January 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

I have been contacted the month after the month of games that I have had.  Considering that we're just coming out of the holidays, you may not hear from them for another week yet.

The process is actually very well done, although the Sabres could stand to hire a new HTML coder.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from them. I'm sure its a little busy there right now. I'm really interested in seeing how they are going to handle the tickets for remaining games. The games I have chosen are nights I am available and for price levels I was willing to spend. I don't want my Saturday, Pittsburgh game replaced with a Tuesday, Columbus game and I'm told tough! Take it or Leave it.

#33 beerme1

beerme1

    First Line Center

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

View Posttheesir, on 08 January 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from them. I'm sure its a little busy there right now. I'm really interested in seeing how they are going to handle the tickets for remaining games. The games I have chosen are nights I am available and for price levels I was willing to spend. I don't want my Saturday, Pittsburgh game replaced with a Tuesday, Columbus game and I'm told tough! Take it or Leave it.

No worries. It won't be like that at all. It will be much more of a sorry. Take it or Leave it type of thing!

#34 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,861 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

View Postnucci, on 07 January 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:


What will this prove?

I don't know, but an entire high school graduation class can't be wrong can it?

#35 sizzlemeister

sizzlemeister

    Dreamer of Dreams

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In your neighborhood.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Uh-oh...I'm not liking the information I'm getting on mini-packs.  Looks like they're going to want us to cancel what we have left and re-select games.  That would totally suck...I get a mini-pack because I can only go to so many games over the course of a regular season which is October - April.  I usually have the bulk of my mini-pack tickets in the October-November timeframe.

Nothing official yet, but what I have is not encouraging.

#36 McJeff215

McJeff215

    Трус не играет в хоккей

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Atlanta, GA

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

On a somewhat related note, what about Center Ice availability? Has anyone heard anything? DirectTV still states that it isn't available. I want them to take my money.

#37 theesir

theesir

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amherst, NY

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

View Postsizzlemeister, on 09 January 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

Uh-oh...I'm not liking the information I'm getting on mini-packs.  Looks like they're going to want us to cancel what we have left and re-select games.  That would totally suck...I get a mini-pack because I can only go to so many games over the course of a regular season which is October - April.  I usually have the bulk of my mini-pack tickets in the October-November timeframe.

Nothing official yet, but what I have is not encouraging.
I heard Howard say this yesterday on WGR, but that is the only place I did hear it. This would be a Cluster Foxtrot! How are they going to do a "Minipack ticket pick" with fairness to seniority of pack holders in such a short timeframe.

Some sort of email from the club would be nice considering how much of my money they are holding.

#38 Taro T

Taro T

    It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,947 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Individual game tix go on sale Jan 15 at 10AM.

Minipacks are available Jan 14.

Current minipack holders will be contacted by Sabres via e-mail on Jan 11 about how to select games.

Sabres insiders can get individual game tixs via presale at Jan 14 from noon to midnight.

1st 3 games have already been put in mail for STHers.

#39 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,788 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostTaro T, on 10 January 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

Individual game tix go on sale Jan 15 at 10AM.

Minipacks are available Jan 14.

Current minipack holders will be contacted by Sabres via e-mail on Jan 11 about how to select games.

Sabres insiders can get individual game tixs via presale at Jan 14 from noon to midnight.

1st 3 games have already been put in mail for STHers.

Thanks for that. Didn't feel like typing it out.

#40 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    Makin' it rain

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostTaro T, on 10 January 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

Individual game tix go on sale Jan 15 at 10AM.

Minipacks are available Jan 14.

Current minipack holders will be contacted by Sabres via e-mail on Jan 11 about how to select games.

Sabres insiders can get individual game tixs via presale at Jan 14 from noon to midnight.

1st 3 games have already been put in mail for STHers.
It's unsaid but I hope will happen when the schedule is released is the activation of everyones My Sabres Tickets account website. I live 500 miles from Buffalo and I'm not getting to any early games so I need to get them listed on StubHub asap.

PTR