Photo

The other sports thread

baseball basketball herring toss cricket Bandits non-Bills football jello wrestling boxing etc.

• Please log in to reply
3860 replies to this topic

#3841 Eleven

Eleven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,521 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:14 AM

1-5 against the reigning AL champs this season.

Which uniforms are the Asstros wearing this month?

#3842 Eleven

Eleven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,521 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

Not looking good for Venus.  She's down a set and is losing the second set 3-0 (and that included two service breaks).  It's amazing that she even got to the final at her age, though.

Edited by Eleven, 15 July 2017 - 09:18 AM.

#3843 Eleven

Eleven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,521 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:29 AM

Wow, she lost that second set 6-0.

#3844 JujuFish

JujuFish

Qwerty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

WOW, talking smack while the Indians are 13 games behind them now. I'm expecting the Indians to make a bit of a comeback but the Astros currently have the 4th best run differential at this point of the season EVER. Just think they've done this with 4 of their projected starting pitching staff out on IR the majority of the last month and they should all be back possibly by the end of this month. 

They lead MLB in BA, hits, 2Bs, HRs, OBP, Slugging and have a higher team OPS than the 27 Yankees and have scored 50 more runs than the 2nd place team in the AL!!! Plus with all their perceived pitching woes they are 3rd in the AL with a .015 ERA higher than the #1 team. 

This team is truly special and if you are a baseball fan you need to see them whenever they're on a national broadcast. 

Hahahaha, someone got a bit defensive.  You started the smack talk wit the Astros, I'm just pointing out their failures against the Tribe. :P

#3845 ubkev

ubkev

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,304 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:30 PM

Girardi: Chapman's World Series use may be affecting him this year
https://www.thescore.com/news/1333753
(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

Oh, eat ######, Girardi! Your bullpen management and your pitching coach and the fact that your entire bullpen ###### blows this year and you want to blame last year's world series?

I don't have time for excuse makers. The Yankees would be the best team in baseball is the game was only 8 innings. That's a ###### joke.

Oh, by the way, Joe Espada, the 3rd base coach...yup, he ###### sucks too! Learn to hold a ###### runner with 1 out, Joe!

#3846 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,779 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:41 PM

Whoever is doing Yankees red Sox extra inning game right now on the radio is salty as ######

#3847 Taro T

Taro T

It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,258 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:02 PM

Whoever is doing Yankees red Sox extra inning game right now on the radio is salty as ######

Fox was going to do a double header between that and the Royals-Texas game but that 1 ended 1/2 an hour ago. :doh:

#3848 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,342 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

Hey Josie and d4rksabre, 

in case you two aren't reading the draft thread, I'll ask this here. sabills is the poster you know in real life, right? Would it be possible for one of you to text him and let him know that the drafting game is waiting on him?

Thanks, either way. 

#3849 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:12 PM

The LA Dodgers just might be for real this year.  Incredible run they are on right now.

#3850 ubkev

ubkev

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,304 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

The LA Dodgers just might be for real this year. Incredible run they are on right now.

I've got a buddy who is a huge Dodgers fan and I feel like I have to hear about this every single year. They've been good, they might be better this year, but they still have yet to do anything in the last 29 years. They're working on 5 division titles in a row and 0 pennants. They need to show up in the playoffs at least once this century.

#3851 TrueBlueGED

TrueBlueGED

#fancystats

• Members
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:03 PM

Girardi: Chapman's World Series use may be affecting him this year
https://www.thescore.com/news/1333753
(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

Oh, eat ######, Girardi! Your bullpen management and your pitching coach and the fact that your entire bullpen ###### blows this year and you want to blame last year's world series?

I don't have time for excuse makers. The Yankees would be the best team in baseball is the game was only 8 innings. That's a ###### joke.

Oh, by the way, Joe Espada, the 3rd base coach...yup, he ###### sucks too! Learn to hold a ###### runner with 1 out, Joe!

The sweet sound of a Yankee fan's misery. Give me more!

#3852 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

I've got a buddy who is a huge Dodgers fan and I feel like I have to hear about this every single year. They've been good, they might be better this year, but they still have yet to do anything in the last 29 years. They're working on 5 division titles in a row and 0 pennants. They need to show up in the playoffs at least once this century.

Puig batting 7-8 in the order.  This team seems to be genuinely better.  They made it to the NLCS last season, so it isn't like they didn't make noise, but they do need to put it all together at some point.  The horses are there........

#3853 EichSnipe

EichSnipe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:21 PM

Clayton Kershaw vs. Playoff Clayton Kershaw

untitled-24.jpg

#3854 ubkev

ubkev

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,304 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:23 PM

The sweet sound of a Yankee fan's misery. Give me more!

I've watched them win 5 World Series from age 11 to 24. I'm sure I'll see another one by the time I'm 40. ;)

#3855 ubkev

ubkev

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,304 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:59 AM

Tyler Clippard is no longer a New York Yankee. Thank Christ!

#3856 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,779 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:17 AM

This trade chaps my ass pretty good as the Red Sox could really have used Frazier and Robertson. The price the Yankees paid was steep and I don't think dumbrowski was willing to part with the kind of assets the Yankees did.

#3857 WildCard

WildCard

Gunner's Mate First Class: Philip A$$hole

• Members
  • 20,703 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:18 AM

This trade chaps my ass pretty good as the Red Sox could really have used Frazier and Robertson. The price the Yankees paid was steep and I don't think dumbrowski was willing to part with the kind of assets the Yankees did.

Love this trade for the Yankees. Much more excited about the bullpen help than I am about Frazier honestly. He's a solid rental, and with Torres probably coming up next year and a healthy* Bird, losing him shouldn't hurt at all

#3858 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,342 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:47 AM

Love this trade for the Yankees. Much more excited about the bullpen help than I am about Frazier honestly. He's a solid rental, and with Torres probably coming up next year and a healthy* Bird, losing him shouldn't hurt at all

It's your pick in the draft thread my man.

#3859 WildCard

WildCard

Gunner's Mate First Class: Philip A$$hole

• Members
  • 20,703 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:52 AM

It's your pick in the draft thread my man.

Missed that, thanks :beer:

Got a solid sleeper I think

#3860 ubkev

ubkev

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,304 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:44 AM

Huge, huge trade for the Yankees bullpen. Rutherford doesn't see triple A for 2 more seasons, won't see the bigs for at least 3 more years. I'm cool with the Frazier pick up, a little optimistic, actually. His line drive rate has me thinking he's had a lot of bad luck on balls put in play this year.

I'm not optimistic about Greg Bird at all. I think the Yankees need a long term solution at 1B. The Toddfather could be an option on a 1 year deal. He shouldn't cost too much next year if contracts for power hitters last year are any indication. He's also a good DH option, or Chase Headley insurance. He's more valuable than Matt Holliday because he can play both infield corners.

#3861 JujuFish

JujuFish

Qwerty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:42 PM

1-5 against the reigning AL champs this season.

Speaking of 1-5, said AL champs are 1-5 in their last 6, including their first 4-game losing streak of the season (they were one of five teams who hadn't suffered such a streak at the All-Star break).  D'oh!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: baseball, basketball, herring toss, cricket, Bandits, non-Bills football, jello wrestling, boxing, etc.