Jump to content


2012-13 Sabres Prospects thread


  • Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

#161 weave

weave

    Self-appointed Expert

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,816 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:in your head

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Kris Baker@SabresProspects
Assat forward Joel Armia (concussion) has resumed skating but has yet to practice in full. He'll remain out of the lineup today vs Jokerit.

#162 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

@SabresProspects
Mikhail Grigorenko scores his 25th goal of the year to give Quebec a 2-1 lead on Baie-Comeau late in the second period.

@SabresProspects
Grigorenko's rocket one-timer was his 25th goal through his first 27 games. Can't remember a Sabres prospect producing at this rate.

#163 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,640 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Cat-nasty dangle



Sweet hands

#164 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,344 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostSpndnchz, on 03 December 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

Cat-nasty dangle
Sweet hands
http://www.tsn.ca/wo...ature/?id=81742

Catnasty has been invited to try out for Canada's world junior team

#165 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,640 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Girgensons invited to WJC for Latvia.  I think he's staying with the Amerks though.

#166 bunomatic

bunomatic

    bunomatic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nanaimo,B.C.,Canada

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

McCabe gets the call for team USA. Sorry if this is old news.

#167 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

@BuffaloSabres
#Sabres prospect Joel Armia returned from injury this weekend, check out this crazy dangle: http://youtu.be/_x5jMUKATnA

#168 Moulson26

Moulson26

    Blood and Guts

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

^^ Very very sweet.

#169 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,640 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

You can see Armia and McCabe at the WJC on NHL network at 1pm today.

#170 Robviously

Robviously

    What You Don't See

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,071 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Texas

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Per Kris Baker at SabresProspects, Jake McCabe has been named captain of Team USA's WJC team. He was our 2nd round pick last year.

#171 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostRobviously, on 23 December 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

Per Kris Baker at SabresProspects, Jake McCabe has been named captain of Team USA's WJC team. He was our 2nd round pick last year.

http://www.buffaloho...am-usa-captain/

Young leadership...Gotta Love it.

#172 BMoreSabres

BMoreSabres

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I just watched the Canada/Russia World Juniors game... Andrei Makarov LOCKED IT DOWN after coming in cold off the bench in a 6-5 Russia win.

Signing him may be one of the biggest steals we have ever had- not Stephane Beauregard-Dominik Hasek like, but it could get VERY interesting in Rochester soon!!!!

#173 Eleven

Eleven

    All Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,477 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostBMoreSabres, on 24 December 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

I just watched the Canada/Russia World Juniors game... Andrei Makarov LOCKED IT DOWN after coming in cold off the bench in a 6-5 Russia win.

Signing him may be one of the biggest steals we have ever had- not Stephane Beauregard-Dominik Hasek like, but it could get VERY interesting in Rochester soon!!!!

Very cool.

#174 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,051 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

View PostBMoreSabres, on 24 December 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

I just watched the Canada/Russia World Juniors game... Andrei Makarov LOCKED IT DOWN after coming in cold off the bench in a 6-5 Russia win.

Signing him may be one of the biggest steals we have ever had- not Stephane Beauregard-Dominik Hasek like, but it could get VERY interesting in Rochester soon!!!!
When is he eligible for Rochester?

#175 BMoreSabres

BMoreSabres

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

View Postinkman, on 25 December 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

When is he eligible for Rochester?

Next season, from what I understand... he's a member of the Saskatoon Blades this season.

#176 Moulson26

Moulson26

    Blood and Guts

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostBMoreSabres, on 25 December 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

Next season, from what I understand... he's a member of the Saskatoon Blades this season.

He'll actually be eligible once the Saskatoon season ends, which is around playoff time for the AHL. So i doubt he'd even come, so you're right, next season he will battle for a spot on the Amerks.

#177 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

See Grigorenko and maybe Makarov on NHL Network at 9 AM this morning as Russia takes on Slovakia.

NHLN schedule is linked below with teams of interest being USA (McCabe), Finland (Armia), and Russia (Grigo and Makarov).

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

#178 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Finland 5 Latvia 1, Armia with two assists:

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=648314



Russia 3 Slovakia 2,  Grigorenko missed on multiple excellent scoring chances but won draw in OT that lead to winning goal.  Got primary assist on 1st Russian tally on a nice setup and secondary assist on winning tally with faceoff win.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=648317


Edited by 26CornerBlitz, 26 December 2012 - 07:55 PM.


#179 Robviously

Robviously

    What You Don't See

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,071 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Texas

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

T.J. Brennan went into Beast Mode tonight: 2 goals and 3 assists in a 7-6 Amerks win.

Foligno won a fight and scored the winner in OT.

Next stop: First Niagara Center on Friday.

#180 Moulson26

Moulson26

    Blood and Guts

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Couple things: The Armia passes were sweet. But, the most impressive play of the night by Armia was at the end of the first period. He literally went through the entire Latvia defense, made a nice drag around the goalie but just missed the net. Not sure how his skill level will translate to a bigger/faster NHL but he sometimes looks like a Pawel Bure out there when he turns up his speed.

Someone posted on twitter the Amerks game in Buffalo on Friday is near sell-out. Only 400 seats remain.

#181 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,051 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

View PostVanek-Man, on 27 December 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

Couple things: The Armia passes were sweet. But, the most impressive play of the night by Armia was at the end of the first period. He literally went through the entire Latvia defense, made a nice drag around the goalie but just missed the net. Not sure how his skill level will translate to a bigger/faster NHL but he sometimes looks like a Pawel Bure out there when he turns up his speed.

Someone posted on twitter the Amerks game in Buffalo on Friday is near sell-out. Only 400 seats remain.
Not that I don't appreciate your post but Bure may have been the fastest NHLer ever.  That's a lot to live up to.  

On a related note to your sell out post, last nights Amerks game was probably half full.  Sigh...

#182 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

USA with Captain McCabe vs Germany is being streamed live on NHL.com:

http://video.nhl.com...vid=DL|NHL|home

#183 bunomatic

bunomatic

    bunomatic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nanaimo,B.C.,Canada

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 27 December 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

USA with Captain McCabe vs Germany is being streamed live on NHL.com:

http://video.nhl.com...vid=DL|NHL|home

I'm not going to support N.H.L.com right now. Just sayin ;)

Its on T.S.N.

Edited by bunomatic, 27 December 2012 - 09:23 AM.


#184 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

View Postbunomatic, on 27 December 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

I'm not going to support N.H.L.com right now. Just sayin ;)

Its on T.S.N.

Point very well understood, but:

TSN 2013 World Junior Hockey Championship Pay Per View is unavailable outside of Canada.

http://worldjuniors....orestricted.htm

#185 DeLuca1967

DeLuca1967

    #39 - Greatest of All-Time.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,212 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 26 December 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

Finland 5 Latvia 1, Armia with two assists:

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=648314



Russia 3 Slovakia 2,  Grigorenko missed on multiple excellent scoring chances but won draw in OT that lead to winning goal.  Got primary assist on 1st Russian tally on a nice setup and secondary assist on winning tally with faceoff win.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=648317


Anyone looking for Grigorenko collectables, here is the Remparts website:

http://remparts.panierdachat.com/fr/

#186 bunomatic

bunomatic

    bunomatic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nanaimo,B.C.,Canada

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 27 December 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Point very well understood, but:

TSN 2013 World Junior Hockey Championship Pay Per View is unavailable outside of Canada.

http://worldjuniors....orestricted.htm

  Ah. Nuff said.

#187 Moulson26

Moulson26

    Blood and Guts

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

ALL the games are live on http://onhockey.ru/

Apparently it's a Russian tv station that transmits the games on the internet.

Updating the WJC- Grigorengo had 2 assists in Russia's 7-0 win over Germany earlier this morning.

#188 Heimdall

Heimdall

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brussels, Belgium

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

the near Future looks bright for buffalo ;)

#189 Moulson26

Moulson26

    Blood and Guts

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

Finland came back from 4-2 down in the 3rd period to win it in overtime 5-4. Joel Armia had an assist on Marcus Granlund's game-tying goal with the net empty.

(4:12 in this video)




Edit- added video.

Edited by Vanek-Man, 30 December 2012 - 07:24 AM.


#190 nfreeman

nfreeman

    All I want is everything you got.

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,554 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Could Liger be right about Armia being better than Bobby Ryan?

From Elliotte Friedman's column today:

Quote

Joel Armia (Buffalo): "Most pure sniper I've seen in awhile... makes goalies look silly with release and reach... when motivated he was like man with boys."

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...could-work.html

#191 K-9

K-9

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

View Postnfreeman, on 07 January 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

Could Liger be right about Armia being better than Bobby Ryan?

From Elliotte Friedman's column today:



http://www.cbc.ca/sp...could-work.html

Thanks for the link. Nice stuff.

Why is it I cringe every time I hear the phrase, "when motivated?"

GO SABRES!!!

#192 Eleven

Eleven

    All Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,477 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostK-9, on 07 January 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Thanks for the link. Nice stuff.

Why is it I cringe every time I hear the phrase, "when motivated?"

GO SABRES!!!

Because you've watched Drew Stafford and Miro Satan.

#193 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

    Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,277 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester/Finger Lakes

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostEleven, on 07 January 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

Because you've watched Drew Stafford and Miro Satan.

Damn it. I had gone months without thinking about Drew Stafford, and now you go and ruin it.

#194 drnkirishone

drnkirishone

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:BUFFALO

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:27 PM



#195 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Jake McCabe on WGR this morning:

1/8 Sabres prospect and World Junior captain gold medalist Jake McCabe

#196 Buffalo Fan

Buffalo Fan

    Top Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

As I look through the web regarding Sabres prospects, I see so many highlights of Sabres prospects it makes me giddy at the thought of

Armia,
Catanecci
Grigerenko
Girgensens
McCabe
Brennan
Makarov
Tropp
Kea
Foligno
Pysyk
etc.

skating together and firing through the Stanley Cup playoffs in a couple of years.  If I had any ability to put together a highlight video, I'd do it, because I don't think I can remember a time when there was so much talent in the system.  

I think it's an exciting time to be a Sabres fan!  (please don't burst this bubble for at least 2 days!)

#197 theesir

theesir

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amherst, NY

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Thumbs Up!

#198 dudacek

dudacek

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:High and wide

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Just like David Cooper, and Joel Savage and Kevin Haller and Shawn Anderson and Brad Miller helped us rampage through the 90's.
(I'm a bastard, I know ;-) )

Edited by dudacek, 08 January 2013 - 02:45 PM.


#199 LabattBlue

LabattBlue

    First Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,339 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western New York

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostThread Killer, on 08 January 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

As I look through the web regarding Sabres prospects, I see so many highlights of Sabres prospects it makes me giddy at the thought of

Armia,
Catanecci
Grigerenko
Girgensens
McCabe
Brennan
Makarov
Tropp
Kea
Foligno
Pysyk
etc.

skating together and firing through the Stanley Cup playoffs in a couple of years.  If I had any ability to put together a highlight video, I'd do it, because I don't think I can remember a time when there was so much talent in the system.  

I think it's an exciting time to be a Sabres fan!  (please don't burst this bubble for at least 2 days!)
Sorry, I'm bursting your bubble now...how many combined NHL games do the listed players have?  My point, just because guys succeed at the junior or AHL level, doesn't equate to NHL success.  Take Luke Adam's AHL rookie season in Portland as Exhibit A.

Some may work out.  Some won't.

#200 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,081 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, MA

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostLabattBlue, on 08 January 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Sorry, I'm bursting your bubble now...how many combined NHL games do the listed players have?  My point, just because guys succeed at the junior or AHL level, doesn't equate to NHL success.  Take Luke Adam's AHL rookie season in Portland as Exhibit A.

Some may work out.  Some won't.

If each of those players is dressed on the same team, you'd be looking at a bottom 5 team.