55 replies to this topic

#1 Stars71

Stars71

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

A little bit about Ott...He has been the heart of this team for 5 years or so. Dude is a very good faceoff guy, room guy, will drop the gloves with anyone, instigator , cause teams to take bad penalties and a super nice guy off the ice. Most Stars fans are depressed about this. You guys got a great player.................Adam Pardy is just a guy btw......

#2 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

you won't like what you hear about roy...

#3 ThirtyEight

ThirtyEight

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostStars71, on 02 July 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

A little bit about Ott...He has been the heart of this team for 5 years or so. Dude is a very good faceoff guy, room guy, will drop the gloves with anyone, instigator , cause teams to take bad penalties and a super nice guy off the ice. Most Stars fans are depressed about this. You guys got a great player.................Adam Pardy is just a guy btw......

Most Sabres fans hate Roy, so they are glad. Guy is skilled (70 points probably), has a poor attitude off the ice (apparently). I don't mind him as much. He is not physical, dives a bit and can take lazy penalties. He does play in all situations, and is decent in all three zones. He is not a liability. The biggest blemish is his off-ice persona.

He also has a wonderful summer house and occasionally throws toga parties

#4 sabres1970

sabres1970

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

Has all the raw skill to be an all-star but is a total locker room cancer to put it nicely. Maybe a change of scenery will be good for him.

#5 Stars71

Stars71

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

still want to have honest opinions and thoughts on him from fans who has watched him for years.

#6 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,640 posts

Part of a core of players that never got it done in Buffalo.

Diver

Likes nightclubs

Has a great shot as long as no one is pressuring him.

Falls down a lot.

Good two way player

Doesn't like being yelled at by his coach.

Can get lots of points though.

And is famous for this photo
Attached File  derekwhat.jpg   6.63K   72 downloads

#7 wjag

wjag

Buffalo Sports -- Dysfunction Junction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,137 posts

Don't buy into all the negative hype you're about to get from this board.  Roy is a solid two-way player who happened to not get along with his coach.  The same coach that half this board wants fired.

#8 thesportsbuff

thesportsbuff

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Derek Roy is a 60-70 point center on an average year. Upwards of 80 points on his better years. He suffered a season-ending leg injury in December of 2010, after recording 35 points in the first 35 points of the season. He returned for Game 7 vs Philadelphia in Round 1 that season, but had little impact on the scoresheet and the Sabres were eliminated.

Last season, Roy had the worst year of his career. However, it should be noted that doctors told him it would be close to two full years before his aforementioned injury was back to 100% -- he has not yet hit the two year mark, so there is still hope for his production to recover.

However, a couple of disappointing seasons combined with his tendency to enjoy the Buffalo night life have essentially made him the new whipping boy in Buffalo after Tim Connolly was shipped out. Rumors of attitude problems and being a problem in the locker room have essentially destroyed his reputation in Buffalo, but he can be a very productive centerman in a good season.

I love the enthusiasm that Roy used to play with before things became stale in Buffalo.

#9 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,105 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

He's a good hockey player. I just don't like him.

#10 Taro T

Taro T

It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,644 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Glad he's gone.

Change of scenery and not being expected to be a leader could work out very well for him.  Is heading into a contract year, that usually means good output.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if long term both teams are happy with the trade.

#11 fan2456

fan2456

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Could only tell you stats, unlike others, I've never been in the Sabrs's lockeroom to give you all these other facts.  Ruff played him in a lot of spots.  His size is a problem for today's NHL.  Playing with size guys in Dallas he might be better.  Ruff at times played him with Gerbe.  and matched him at home against Joe Thorton.  Yea, really LOL

#12 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts

View Postthesportsbuff, on 02 July 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

Derek Roy is a 60-70 point center on an average year. Upwards of 80 points on his better years. He suffered a season-ending leg injury in December of 2010, after recording 35 points in the first 35 points of the season. He returned for Game 7 vs Philadelphia in Round 1 that season, but had little impact on the scoresheet and the Sabres were eliminated.

Last season, Roy had the worst year of his career. However, it should be noted that doctors told him it would be close to two full years before his aforementioned injury was back to 100% -- he has not yet hit the two year mark, so there is still hope for his production to recover.

However, a couple of disappointing seasons combined with his tendency to enjoy the Buffalo night life have essentially made him the new whipping boy in Buffalo after Tim Connolly was shipped out. Rumors of attitude problems and being a problem in the locker room have essentially destroyed his reputation in Buffalo, but he can be a very productive centerman in a good season.

I love the enthusiasm that Roy used to play with before things became stale in Buffalo.

Pretty much this.  I'd expect 65ish points as long as he's healthy, and he's a good two way player (although showed inconsistent effort back checking on more than a few occasions).  I honestly think he's landing in a great spot to succeed since he can be behind Benn and not counted on as the #1 guy.  Classic case where he desperately needed a change of scenery, and I'd expect a strong year from him.  A lot of what you'll hear from Sabres fans is a bit overblown since he had truly worn out his welcome here.

#13 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,469 posts

Roy is almost a PPG guy who no longer fits the team's needs.  You've got a decent, not awesome but decent, playmaking center there.  Good passer and can bury a chance.  Not tough at all and used to dive a lot, although that has curtailed.  Think Briere without the raw determination.  He will be a good second line C, especially in a contract year nd after being traded.

The nightclub stuff above is correct.  He does like to party, but he's no Pat Kane.  No controversies, just some stupid stuff now and again.

And it still wasn't a goal.

#14 That Aud Smell

That Aud Smell

That Nostalgic Olfactory Blend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,358 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

View Postwjag, on 02 July 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

Don't buy into all the negative hype you're about to get from this board.  Roy is a solid two-way player who happened to not get along with his coach.  The same coach that half this board wants fired.

this is where i come out. imo, the biggest issue for roy was his relationship with ruff. roy is a very talented 2-way player who became a poster child for needing a change of scenery. this is a contract year for him -- if he can stay healthy, i think he will put up good/very good numbers for the stars.

#15 Stars71

Stars71

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Oh no...If he liked Buffalos night life he will have a field day here in Dallas....Same thing happend to Ribs(Rebeiro) .He is actually a freind of mine and he was out every night since he got divorced...If Roy loves the ladys he is gonna love Dallas...Just about every woman in uptown looks likie a super model. Its why modano waited til he was 40 to get married....Really appreciate you guys and what you have to say ...I will pass  this thread on to my fellow stars fans..

#16 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts

View PostEleven, on 02 July 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Roy is almost a PPG guy who no longer fits the team's needs.  You've got a decent, not awesome but decent, playmaking center there.  Good passer and can bury a chance.  Not tough at all and used to dive a lot, although that has curtailed.  Think Briere without the raw determination.  He will be a good second line C, especially in a contract year nd after being traded.

The nightclub stuff above is correct.  He does like to party, but he's no Pat Kane.  No controversies, just some stupid stuff now and again.

I'm glad somebody said it :lol:

#17 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,105 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostStars71, on 02 July 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Oh no...If he liked Buffalos night life he will have a field day here in Dallas....Same thing happend to Ribs(Rebeiro) .He is actually a freind of mine and he was out every night since he got divorced...If Roy loves the ladys he is gonna love Dallas...Just about every woman in uptown looks likie a super model. Its why modano waited til he was 40 to get married....Really appreciate you guys and what you have to say ...I will pass  this thread on to my fellow stars fans..

We're not entirely sure he loves the ladies

#18 Stars71

Stars71

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

I didnt come to fight

#19 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Texting Nun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

View Postd4rksabre, on 02 July 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

We're not entirely sure he loves the ladies

He shaves his chest and has his own personal purple towels in the locker room. (don't ask)

I am not convinced he is healthy after coming back too early from a serious knee injury in '10-'11

When he was young, he was hungry and a bit fiesty...especially on the wing with a guy like Drury. When expected to be the man though, he has disappointed.

I figured we would have to give you the throw-in with Roy for Ott knowing what a gritty guy he is. But I guess that's why these 2 teams have played a total of 13 playoff games the past 9 combined seasons. Not too many peanuts in the Crackerjack box.

#20 Grinder

Grinder

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

You will never find him around the net. If he is taking a shot around the net, he falls backwards to avoid a possible hit, every time.

#21 Yuri Olesha

Yuri Olesha

Agent Provocateur Cologne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

He used to chirp alot, and get under other players skins.  He was annoying to play against, would dive, cheat, and whine to the refs.  He actually had enough of a reputation, that legitimate penalties against him wouldn't get called.  He was best in those days, but he's been criticized heavily for who he is, essentially, and he went a bit stale here.  Hopefully he rediscovers his inner Spanish Soccer Player, and works out for you guys.

#22 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Livve Neilo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostYuri Olesha, on 02 July 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

He used to chirp alot, and get under other players skins.  He was annoying to play against, would dive, cheat, and whine to the refs.  He actually had enough of a reputation, that legitimate penalties against him wouldn't get called.  He was best in those days, but he's been criticized heavily for who he is, essentially, and he went a bit stale here.  Hopefully he rediscovers his inner Spanish Soccer Player, and works out for you guys.
That is brilliant. Although he's more French than Spanish, aye?

Edited by qwksndmonster, 02 July 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#23 ofiba

ofiba

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

His nickname is "Sausage".

#24 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

Poop Flavored Lollypop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

If you put 2 big physical wingers with him Roy will be a good fit in Dallas and will get 65-70pt seasons.  He is a good 2-way forward who needs a change of scenery and I think Dallas is actually a good fit for him.

#25 fiftyone

fiftyone

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

Though it may not seem like it from reading this thread, there are positives to Roy's game. The bottom line for me is that he is a good value at a 4 million dollar cap hit per year. You don't find guys who can (and normally do) put up 65-75 points a year while also being responsible in his own end (including a good amount of time on the PK) at 4 million per. The way contracts for truly mediocre players seems to be inflating in this league, I believe Roy has become a bargain, regardless of what has become popular opinion around here. He is a good player and could certainly help your team.

#26 Kelly the Dog

Kelly the Dog

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

He is much better suited as a #3 or #2 C without a need to carry a team because he is not the kind of player that can or will.

He is a better player than his reputation here, and people put too much expectation on him and too much pressure on him.

He is a diver and a whiner and a little bitch at times, will whine to the refs without getting back on D. He's extremely frustrating to watch but is also capable of being very exciting.

He's a surprisingly good penalty killer, and for some reason most always seems to be trying when on the PK, which can't be said for a lot of shifts.

Like most guys who score 65-70, he is streaky. Sometimes he looks great but just as often disappears.

It's hard to know where his head is at. He sounded pretty depressed in his interview. It's possible that he could be re-invigorated, especially in a contract year and because he is, or should be, finally healthy. Chances are, he is going to have a good year in the contract year.

The problem is, if you try to sign him up now so you don't lose him, he might never get going. That's the issue as I see it. And if he has a great season, he is going to be a hot commodity in FA. Also he is likely to love the Dallas nightlife.

Edited by Kelly the Dog, 02 July 2012 - 07:36 PM.

#27 That Aud Smell

That Aud Smell

That Nostalgic Olfactory Blend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,358 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

i'll add this (and say it again): i know that he is a center, but i liked roy best when he was playing wing with drury and grier.

#28 Stars71

Stars71

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

How is he in the shootout? Ribs was money most of the time and we will really miss that.

#29 walstib

walstib

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

Two points, one good, one not so good...

Roy can be a great pick-pocket. On occasion, he will adroitly stick check the opposition and quickly take the puck the other way. On other occasions, he will stay on the the ice too long and end up obviously spent or lollygagging back to the bench.

I'd bet he's a good player in Dallas and wish him well.

#30 LTS

LTS

Who's next?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts on Ott and to learn more about Roy.  I'll try to be impartial.

First, he's got possibility and I believe that in a system with positive leaders in the locker room he can be shaped into a good hockey player.  Buffalo relied upon him to be a leader and that just isn't his thing.  His best years were when he had someone like Drury and Briere around to take the pressure off him.

Second, in line with the attitude, he's an up and down player.  There are times I've seen him hustle his butt to back check and there's other times I've seen him stop to talk to the score keeper on his way back down the ice.  When he's hustling, he's good.

Third, I think he was burned out in Buffalo... and by many things.  I'm not sure how Gulutzan is in Dallas.  We'll see how he meshes.

Overall, it could be very good for Dallas or you may have just rented a $4m per year player for 1 year who drives you nuts.  Time will tell.  He's the odd man out in Buffalo...

#31 \GoBillsInDallas/

\GoBillsInDallas/

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

Where do you live in Dallas?

#32 DerekRoyforPres

DerekRoyforPres

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

The Good:
-Good skater (at least before the injury)
-Can be a great two-way player
-Can take over a game at times (but will disappear at times)
-Dynamic and creative at times
-Kills penalties when needed (and when he doesnt take them)

The Bad:
-Takes some untimely penalties (usually just lazy hooks)
-Dives enough that he does not get the calls even when they are legitimate
-His shot is decent but certaintly now elite
-Bad turnovers at times
-He has not shown that he will be the same guy who had 33 points in 33 games
-Compare records with and without him in the 2010-2011 season (dramatically better without him)
-Lazy line changes that puts his teammates in precarious positions
-Nothing special on the shootout

Overall:
I think this could turn out to be a great move for Dallas. With a term attitude already established, I think the off-ice concerns are a lot less of an issue than people would like to admit. It sucks that we had to give up a guy like him for a 3rd liner, but Buffalo needs a change of pace and so does Derek Roy.

Looking forward to having Ott, but I am worried where Buffalo will get its offense.

#33 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostStars71, on 02 July 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

I didnt come to fight

Good, because neither does Roy.

But he's a decent finesse center.

#34 drnkirishone

drnkirishone

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

Roy will piss you off cause you will see glimpses of a player that could be really good. But ultimitaly you have a center that is a follower not a leader and one that needs to be the compliment to a line and not the focus of it

#35 Stars71

Stars71

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

View Post\GoBillsInDallas/, on 02 July 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

Where do you live in Dallas?

I live just east of downtown in deep ellum/ffair park area. I spend lots of my time in uptown.

#36 716

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostDerekRoyforPres, on 02 July 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

The Good:
-Good skater (at least before the injury)
-Can be a great two-way player
-Can take over a game at times (but will disappear at times)
-Dynamic and creative at times
-Kills penalties when needed (and when he doesnt take them)

The Bad:
-Takes some untimely penalties (usually just lazy hooks)
-Dives enough that he does not get the calls even when they are legitimate
-His shot is decent but certaintly now elite
-Bad turnovers at times
-He has not shown that he will be the same guy who had 33 points in 33 games
-Compare records with and without him in the 2010-2011 season (dramatically better without him)
-Lazy line changes that puts his teammates in precarious positions
-Nothing special on the shootout

Overall:
I think this could turn out to be a great move for Dallas. With a term attitude already established, I think the off-ice concerns are a lot less of an issue than people would like to admit. It sucks that we had to give up a guy like him for a 3rd liner, but Buffalo needs a change of pace and so does Derek Roy.

Looking forward to having Ott, but I am worried where Buffalo will get its offense.

good post. Before the injury, Derek had a certain fire. I hope he returns to his pre-injury form for his sake. not sure what we got in Ott, but it looks like the Sabres are becoming the next Charlestown Chiefs.

#37 nfreeman

nfreeman

All I want is everything you got.

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,549 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

View Postthesportsbuff, on 02 July 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

View Postspndnchz, on 02 July 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

Part of a core of players that never got it done in Buffalo.

Diver

Likes nightclubs

Has a great shot as long as no one is pressuring him.

Falls down a lot.

Good two way player

Doesn't like being yelled at by his coach.

Can get lots of points though.

And is famous for this photo
Attachment derekwhat.jpg

View PostTaro T, on 02 July 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Glad he's gone.

Change of scenery and not being expected to be a leader could work out very well for him.  Is heading into a contract year, that usually means good output.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if long term both teams are happy with the trade.

View PostGhost of Dwight Drane, on 02 July 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

He shaves his chest and has his own personal purple towels in the locker room. (don't ask)

I am not convinced he is healthy after coming back too early from a serious knee injury in '10-'11

When he was young, he was hungry and a bit fiesty...especially on the wing with a guy like Drury. When expected to be the man though, he has disappointed.

I figured we would have to give you the throw-in with Roy for Ott knowing what a gritty guy he is. But I guess that's why these 2 teams have played a total of 13 playoff games the past 9 combined seasons. Not too many peanuts in the Crackerjack box.

View PostKelly the Dog, on 02 July 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

He is much better suited as a #3 or #2 C without a need to carry a team because he is not the kind of player that can or will.

He is a better player than his reputation here, and people put too much expectation on him and too much pressure on him.

He is a diver and a whiner and a little bitch at times, will whine to the refs without getting back on D. He's extremely frustrating to watch but is also capable of being very exciting.

He's a surprisingly good penalty killer, and for some reason most always seems to be trying when on the PK, which can't be said for a lot of shifts.

Like most guys who score 65-70, he is streaky. Sometimes he looks great but just as often disappears.

It's hard to know where his head is at. He sounded pretty depressed in his interview. It's possible that he could be re-invigorated, especially in a contract year and because he is, or should be, finally healthy. Chances are, he is going to have a good year in the contract year.

The problem is, if you try to sign him up now so you don't lose him, he might never get going. That's the issue as I see it. And if he has a great season, he is going to be a hot commodity in FA. Also he is likely to love the Dallas nightlife.

View PostLTS, on 02 July 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts on Ott and to learn more about Roy.  I'll try to be impartial.

First, he's got possibility and I believe that in a system with positive leaders in the locker room he can be shaped into a good hockey player.  Buffalo relied upon him to be a leader and that just isn't his thing.  His best years were when he had someone like Drury and Briere around to take the pressure off him.

Second, in line with the attitude, he's an up and down player.  There are times I've seen him hustle his butt to back check and there's other times I've seen him stop to talk to the score keeper on his way back down the ice.  When he's hustling, he's good.

Third, I think he was burned out in Buffalo... and by many things.  I'm not sure how Gulutzan is in Dallas.  We'll see how he meshes.

Overall, it could be very good for Dallas or you may have just rented a $4m per year player for 1 year who drives you nuts.  Time will tell.  He's the odd man out in Buffalo...

Great stuff here boys.  I don't have much to add except this:  Roy was probably my personal scapegoat for the Sabres' MANY failures since 5 years and 1 day ago (which, for the OP's benefit, I will note was the day the co-captains Drury and Briere both left as UFAs, leaving a huge leadership void that Roy and his contemporaries completely failed to fill).

He wasn't paid like an elite player, so it wasn't fair to expect him to be one.  I also don't think he cares that much about being an elite player -- I think he's thrilled to be making $4MM per year to play hockey and live the life.

Bottom line:  he's got good hockey IQ and good skill.  You don't want to rely on him to be one of your best, say, 4 or 5 forwards.  If he's a complementary piece he can and will chip in and do a lot for you in both the offensive and defensive zones.  If you need him to step up in the 3rd period of a close game when the other team is making you endure a slugfest -- well, that might interfere with his plans in the VIP room of the local strip club 60 minutes after the final whistle.

View PostThat Aud Smell, on 02 July 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

i'll add this (and say it again): i know that he is a center, but i liked roy best when he was playing wing with drury and grier.

Those 2 could make Jacques Chirac look courageous.

View PostStars71, on 02 July 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

How is he in the shootout? Ribs was money most of the time and we will really miss that.

Lousy.

#38 sizzlemeister

sizzlemeister

Dreamer of Dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,589 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

I think what you have in Roy is a man-child who is now being forced to grow up. He will either buckle under the pressure, or learn to be creative again. If your coach is ready for him, he can guide Roy into a role that you, as fans, may enjoy a lot. Or, Roy will end up playing himself out of the league starting with his stint in Dallas.

Enjoy!

#39 BlueNGold

BlueNGold

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

View Postsabres1970, on 02 July 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Has all the raw skill to be an all-star but is a total locker room cancer to put it nicely. Maybe a change of scenery will be good for him.

You are an idiot.  How the hell could you say Roy is a 'total locker room cancer' without ever having been in a locker room?  Oh except when your sister played pee-wee and you went into the locker room to pick up her equipment.

#40 Meathead

Meathead

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

most of the people here are full of crap

roy is a good hockey player who is a total finesse guy on a team desperate for toughness. frustrated fans expecting cup runs the last few seasons need a target to hate and roy became that guy

expect roy to give you zero nastiness and limited leadership, make sure you protect him, and youll get at least sixty plus points a season out of him