124 replies to this topic

#1 RR61

RR61

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:09 AM

Have to be in Chicago on business later this week. Does anyone know a sports bar in the area where a Sabres fan could watch playoff games?

#2 MarriedintoSabreland

MarriedintoSabreland

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

Lincoln Station is the best Buffalo Bar in Chicago for any Sabre or Bills game. It is in Lincoln Park.

#3 TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:31 AM

Any Sabres bars in Los Angeles?

#4 BlueNGold

BlueNGold

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

View Postnobody, on 19 April 2010 - 08:04 AM, said:

You have to make a new thread for a different city.   ;)
I lived in Chicago for 10 years.  There were are two Bills/Sabres Bars in Lincoln Park.  Lincoln Station AND just down the street is Delilah's.  Delilah's has by far the loudest craziest Buffalo Fans anywhere....The place is a friggin riot.  I could tell stories of that place for days.  Goto both. They are one block apart.   Also across the street from Lincoln Station you can get wings, pizza etc and bring it back to Delilah's.  They don't serve food. (who cares).  Owner of Delilah's is Mike.  Went to the bar for about 9 years in a row.   It is literally as loud as Ralph Wilson Stadium.  A friggn blast.  Probably what I miss most about Chi-town.   FYI:  Mike designed the bar kinda like the old Pink Flamingo in Buffalo....everyone is welcome.  Super nice guy.  :thumbsup:   Damn, I want to go watch a game there again!  ps---you would never know it's a Buffalo Bar (other than the flag on game days).   Otherwise they play punk music and it's a whiskey bar.

#5 BlueNGold

BlueNGold

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:31 AM

Also, I have gone to Bills/Sabres bars in different cities around the country.....Use this site from BuffaloBills.com.   Most places that are "Bills Bars" are also Sabres Bars!!   http://www.buffalobi...ocator-map.html

Link is to Bills backers but it has an easy interactive map and they aren't meeting at the local church to back the bills and sabres....They take over the bars.  Heck I live in the middle of Virginia now.....Guess what, there's a friggin Bills/Sabres bar here.  Population: 150,OOO.   So I'm sure you can find one in most any city.   Go Sabres!!!!!!!!!   Let's hurt somebody in game 3!    :wallbash:

#6 CallawaySabres

CallawaySabres

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:36 AM

Lincoln Station is the best place hands down. My roommate from College owns it and they also have great wings to boot. Tell them the Baumer sent ya! Delilahs is fun as well so it would be worth it to stop in and say hello to Mike (more old school atmosphere)

#7 Neuvirths Glove

Neuvirths Glove

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:35 PM

I will be in Orlando on business Monday night.  I will be within a couple miles of University of Central Florida.  Does anyone know of a bar in the area that has NHL Center Ice?

#8 elcrusho

elcrusho

Brent Hughes Fanclub President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:01 PM

Not sure where you will be staying but I watched a Sabres game here with my dad before, TGI Friday's Front Row Orlando Sports Bar and Grill‎ on I-Drive...
Link

#9 Bmwolf21

Bmwolf21

Habitual Line Stepper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts
  • Location:Parma Heights, OH by way of Orlando, Tallahassee and Niagara Falls

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:39 PM

View Postelcrusho, on 24 April 2010 - 02:01 PM, said:

Not sure where you will be staying but I watched a Sabres game here with my dad before, TGI Friday's Front Row Orlando Sports Bar and Grill‎ on I-Drive...
Link
Good place to watch the games but a bit of a hike from the UCF area.

View Postwonderbread, on 24 April 2010 - 02:31 PM, said:

Go to any of the Ale houses around. Was just there last week awesome food and good drink specials.

BTW saw I Teppo at Magic Kingdom!
Second on the Miller Ale House locations.  Pretty good wings (make sure you order them naked) and usually good beer specials.  There's one in the there is one in the Waterford Lakes shopping center on Alafaya Trail by the 408.  Not far from the UCF area at all - 5 minutes from the campus at most.  The wife and I spent a lot of cash in the Ale House locations during football season.

If they aren't showing the games there is another sports bar in that shopping center called Friendly Confines that may have Center Ice.

#10 billsrcursed

billsrcursed

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:34 AM

You can come over and watch it here (30 minutes north) but you have to bring food/drink.
I also talk to my TV, and sometimes challenge it to a fight...  :unsure:

#11 Neuvirths Glove

Neuvirths Glove

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:45 PM

I just mapped all Millers and Friendly Confines out; they're both about a mile and a half from my hotel.  Perfect; just what I was looking for.  If one doesn't have the game, the other will I'm sure.

Thanks!

I guess if anyone in Orlando wants to join me Monday night, look for me at Miller's or Friendly Confines.

#12 billsrcursed

billsrcursed

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:46 AM

View PostDoohickie, on 25 April 2010 - 08:55 PM, said:

Before posting here, I Googled "sports bar university of central florida" and found the Millers location in that area; I think I'll try there and then map out the directions from Friendly Confines as well.

billsrcursed:  I'm tempted to take you up on your offer, but I'll only be in town one night and I don't know for sure what time I'll be getting out of work on Monday.  If it's too late I don't want to be committed to a long drive.  But I may have other trips to Orlando and if I do I'll post up again expect another invite.

I have an aunt that lives a little over an hour away and I've visited there while in Orlando on business; caught a Bills game in September of 08.

Thanks for all the suggestions, folks.  :thumbsup:

Not a problem at all. Have fun and wish I could join, but I work nights and have to go in right after the game. Also keep in mind the Orlando Magic play at 8pm tonight, so you may have to "request" the Hockey game. Believe it or not, the Magic have an excellent fan base here.

You're not an Astros fan by chance, are you? If so, we have even more to talk about....

#13 tulax

tulax

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:23 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew of any bars with center ice to watch the Sabres in Columbia, MD or Baltimore? Thanks in advance.

#14 mediumishot

mediumishot

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

I live in Downtown Baltimore, we used to have fletchers in fells point but that closed...now a lot of us get center ice...however slainte in fells is a good place to watch, as well as JDs in canton, you will always find sabres fans at one of those two places. Or you could just make friends with all of us and watch at our place...your choice! plus we all go to the gin mill on boston street for bills games a s well

#15 plenzmd1

plenzmd1

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:09 AM

View PostEleven, on 14 October 2010 - 09:07 AM, said:

Stringer Bell and Omar got into a shootout.
Still on..Directv channel 239 Sunday's at 9!!Watch that live, watch Boardwalk recorded

#16 Cereal

Cereal

An All America Breakfast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

View Posttulax, on 13 October 2010 - 12:23 PM, said:

I was wondering if anyone knew of any bars with center ice to watch the Sabres in Columbia, MD or Baltimore? Thanks in advance.

Any luck, tulax?  I'll be up in Baltimore trying to watch BUF@NJD Saturday evening.

#17 tulax

tulax

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

View PostCereal, on 18 October 2010 - 08:41 PM, said:

Any luck, tulax?  I'll be up in Baltimore trying to watch BUF@NJD Saturday evening.
I went to Slainte in Fells Point and found it to be a pretty decent place to watch a game.  There weren't any specials so the brews were a bit expensive but everyone in the place was their to watch hockey.  It seems like the type of place that could get busy on a Saturday so I'd get there early.  Good luck finding parking. It took me 15 min. to find a spot on a Wednesday.

#18 scott12372

scott12372

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:27 PM

Does anyone know where to watch the game in knoxville ,tn next week just curious?(3/15)

#19 X. Benedict

X. Benedict

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,106 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

View Postbuftex, on 08 March 2011 - 04:17 PM, said:

Really? Time-Warner carries Versus.  Is Time Warner not available in your area?  I would imagine some sports bar would be able to get it easily enough, even if they don't subscribe to Center Ice.

I know, where I live, it is pretty tough to watch hockey in a bar, unless the Dallas Stars happen to be playing...if the game in on Versus or NBC, you can normally get a bartender to switch a television to it...no sound of coure.  Good luck!

I just, stupidly, perhaps, bit the bullet, and paid $80 to get Center Ice for March through mid-April.  Watching on-line is cool, but if you can't watch live, you don't get to see the game...

When I'm on the road I've often called Buffalo Wild Wings to see if they can get the game.

Not the best option, but once there I usually meet someone that tells me of other places.

#20 scott12372

scott12372

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for the help .Just wondered if anyone local to knoxville could help.I live in greensboro ,nc and have center ice.However i will be in knoxville,tn staying in a hotel and would like to find somewhere to watch the game.So if anyone local can help with some info i would really appricate any help i can get.

#21 mphs mike

mphs mike

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:06 PM

View Postscott12372, on 08 March 2011 - 05:57 PM, said:

Thanks for the help .Just wondered if anyone local to knoxville could help.I live in greensboro ,nc and have center ice.However i will be in knoxville,tn staying in a hotel and would like to find somewhere to watch the game.So if anyone local can help with some info i would really appricate any help i can get.

Odds are you'll have to find a bar - VS on a hotel tv in TN is highly unlikely. You'll also compete with people wanting to watch the NIT that night.

#22 DGW54321

DGW54321

Welcome back Ted!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

There are two Buffalo Wild Wings in Knoxville, see below.
The one on Cumberland is on 'the strip' adjacent to University of Tennessee.
You should be able to watch the Sabres at one of those two locations.

Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar -
1912 Cumberland Avenue, Knoxville - (865) 524-9464
11431 Parkside Drive, Knoxville - (865) 966-7300

Also, the bartenders at Calhoun's On The River (behind Neyland Stadium) are usually pretty good at letting customers choose a game to watch.

Enjoy your trip to Knoxville!

#23 mt airy sabres

mt airy sabres

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

Hey guys not sure if this belongs here but I was wondering if any of  you knew where a good place to go in Winston Salem NC to watch the Sabres beat the Flyers this playoffs
Thanks for your help

#24 elcrusho

elcrusho

Brent Hughes Fanclub President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

Anyone have any insight on where to watch the Sabres games in Orange County, California...?

I need to find a place for game 4!!!

#25 Linksfiend

Linksfiend

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

Seeing that the national game on Versus is Montreal Boston, can anyone recommend a bar that might have Center Ice?  Preferably in the Quarter or near Canal St?

#26 Formerly Allan in MD

Formerly Allan in MD

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:37 PM

View PostLinksfiend, on 13 April 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

Seeing that the national game on Versus is Montreal Boston, can anyone recommend a bar that might have Center Ice?  Preferably in the Quarter or near Canal St?
Check out Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar on Tschiatopoulas Street.  It's not in the Quarter but not that far.

#27 frisky

frisky

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

In OC? Hmmm that's a tough one. I watch all mine at home on CI. But there's the Fox Sports Grill in the Irvine Spectrum, the ESPNZone at Downtown Disney. Hooters. Depends on where in OC you're in. There's not alot of us here that I know of.

#28 TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

I was going to ask about LA too.

#29 Swenk

Swenk

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

Any info on where to watch in Williamsburg Virginia appreciated.

On vacation there that week and am getting frantic.

Thanks.

#30 wonderbread

wonderbread

Caveat emptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

Millers Ale house has it on in OC.

#31 IKnowPhysics

IKnowPhysics

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

OC's far for me on a week day.  Could use something on the west side of LA.

#32 Horton

Horton

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:47 PM

How about a place in Tampa/Clearwater area to view game Wednesday 4/20/11?

#33 mackey7789

mackey7789

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:17 PM

According to a couple other message boards, all of the Sabres fans are gathering at Chickies and Petes - about 1/4 mile from the arena

http://www.chickiesa...h-philadelphia/

http://maps.google.c...a PA 19145&z=16

Anyone else going to be there?

I will be there with 3 others - driving down for the game!

#34 DontPatTheGerbe

DontPatTheGerbe

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:59 AM

View Postmackey7789, on 13 April 2011 - 11:17 PM, said:

According to a couple other message boards, all of the Sabres fans are gathering at Chickies and Petes - about 1/4 mile from the arena

Admiral Ackbar:  "IT'S A TRAPP!!!"

I keed.  I'm so jealous of you guys going there tonight.  BE LOUD FOR THE REST OF US SCREAMING AT OUR TVs!

#35 GoMarauders6

GoMarauders6

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

Looking for a Sabres bar in the Boston area, any suggestions? Or at least a bar that might show all the games (not just the Boston-MTL)

#36 FolignosJock

FolignosJock

Komisarek cant hold me !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:35 AM

View PostSwenk, on 13 April 2011 - 05:18 PM, said:

Any info on where to watch in Williamsburg Virginia appreciated.

On vacation there that week and am getting frantic.

Thanks.

Ill be watching it at baileys sports bar and grill which is just 10-15 minutes away in newport news ill probably be the only sabres fan there

#37 whatdoeszhitniksmehlik

whatdoeszhitniksmehlik

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

Any suggestions for Salisbury, MD?

#38 whatdoeszhitniksmehlik

whatdoeszhitniksmehlik

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:45 AM

View Postmackey7789, on 13 April 2011 - 11:17 PM, said:

I'm coming up from Baltimore with 3 friends...will try to get to that bar around 230-3. Go Sabres!

#39 JoDo

JoDo

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:14 AM

View Postsabres1970, on 13 April 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

Sorry for another centerice question but i already bought it much earlier this season and I skipped to tomorrow to see which channel its on and i dont see it. It will be on right?

The game is on VS I think.  In that case, it will be blocked off Center Ice.  It's BS I know but it's the way it is.  I have the same trouble when a game is on NHL Network because my cable company doesn't offer NHLN.

#40 Kelly the Dog

Kelly the Dog

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:37 AM

View PostIKnowPhysics, on 13 April 2011 - 05:34 PM, said:

OC's far for me on a week day.  Could use something on the west side of LA.

A bunch of us are going to watch the game at Busby's on Santa Monica Blvd in Santa Monica. A mile or two west of the 405. It's a Bills backers bar and will be fun.