Jump to content


Things that are AWESOME...

off topic

  • Please log in to reply
4497 replies to this topic

#1241 MattPie

MattPie

    Bikes beat tanks

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Strafing some corners

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

View Post2ForTripping, on 28 December 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

stepped on the scale today.... i weigh 89 pounds lighter than i did 365 days ago

Awesome!

#1242 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

    Texting Nun

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,922 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

There is an A-hole driving through Cheektowaga with the vanity plate, "THE-DARC".


I was behind you tonight and you better thank your lucky stars I didn't plow into you just for sport. Not only are you a D-bag for 3rd personing your name and actually spending money on it in order to point out to the rest of the world what a prick you are......but you might as well be named Hitler, and have the plate, "DAS-DOLPH"


I hope your 3 inch ding-###### gets chafed every time those tiny little fetal alcohol syndrome hands of yours attempt to self-climax your putrid being.


#1243 SDS

SDS

    #7

  • SS Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Maryland

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostGhost of Dwight Drane, on 28 December 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

There is an A-hole driving through Cheektowaga with the vanity plate, "THE-DARC".


I was behind you tonight and you better thank your lucky stars I didn't plow into you just for sport. Not only are you a D-bag for 3rd personing your name and actually spending money on it in order to point out to the rest of the world what a prick you are......but you might as well be named Hitler, and have the plate, "DAS-DOLPH"


I hope your 3 inch ding-###### gets chafed every time those tiny little fetal alcohol syndrome hands of yours attempt to self-climax your putrid being.

Dad??? :unsure:

#1244 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

    I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

View PostSDS, on 28 December 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

Dad??? :unsure:

I think it was the Sabres' GM ... "THE-DARC"(y).  It all adds up from the description relayed by GoDD.

#1245 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,837 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Saw Les Miserables with Jo tonight. What a phenomenal film. My high school was one of the first to do the student version and it meant a lot to see it in this way and hear all the music again. Every grown man in the place was teared up at the end. Powerful. Go see it.

#1246 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

    Texting Nun

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,922 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

View Postd4rksabre, on 29 December 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Every grown man in the place was teared up at the end.

All 3 of them?

I don't know.....Tom Brokaw and Ann Hathaway moving you to tears........I don't want to check the music thread in fear that a Rhianna single shook you to your core....

#1247 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,837 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostGhost of Dwight Drane, on 30 December 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:



All 3 of them?

I don't know.....Tom Brokaw and Ann Hathaway moving you to tears........I don't want to check the music thread in fear that a Rhianna single shook you to your core....

Ugh. Rihanna just makes me want to throw myself off of a bridge. "Diamond" might be one of the worst songs of the last 15 years, which is played every 30 minutes on my boss' favorite radio station. Brutal.

#1248 weave

weave

    Self-appointed Expert

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:in your head

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostGhost of Dwight Drane, on 30 December 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

All 3 of them?

I don't know.....Tom Brokaw and Ann Hathaway moving you to tears........I don't want to check the music thread in fear that a Rhianna single shook you to your core....

Ann Hathaway moves me in many ways. Tears is not out of the question.

#1249 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

    Texting Nun

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,922 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

View Postweave, on 30 December 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:



Ann Hathaway moves me in many ways. Tears is not out of the question.

Ah yes....the obscure song, "Your Love Hurts So Good, It Brings My Prostate to Tears"......

#1250 SwampD

SwampD

    All Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Jersey, orig. NT

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

The Twilight Zone.  The series was canceled before man set foot on the moon and it's commentary on the human condition here in America still holds up.

Plus, it's funny seeing people smoke in hospitals.

#1251 Chris_in_UT

Chris_in_UT

    tie-dyer extraordinaire

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

for the nerdist in all of us:

http://www.huffingto..._n_2388685.html

#1252 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,782 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Oh hell yeah.



:cry:

#1253 Sabre Dance

Sabre Dance

    Brighter days ahead...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South of the city.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostSpndnchz, on 02 January 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Oh hell yeah.



:cry:

Nike to Fehr and Bettman....."$uck it!"  :angry:

#1254 nfreeman

nfreeman

    All I want is everything you got.

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,867 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostLastPommerFan, on 23 December 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

New baby boys!

8lbs 2oz, 20.5", healthy and happy (both mom and baby pommer fan #3)

Congrats!!

View PostMattPie, on 27 December 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

Honeymoon: Booked
Destination: Thailand

View PostMattPie, on 28 December 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

Touring thru the Northern part (including the River Kwai, heh). Doing a side trip to Cambodia to Angor Wat.

Awesome.  My wife and I went to Thailand on our honeymoon too (and Hong Kong).  It was just terrific.  And if you like hot food -- they can really bring it.

If you're going to be up North and have time, Chiang Mai is really nice.

Congrats!

#1255 MattPie

MattPie

    Bikes beat tanks

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Strafing some corners

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

View Postnfreeman, on 02 January 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

If you're going to be up North and have time, Chiang Mai is really nice.

Congrats!

I think that's on the tour. I've heard great things too.

#1256 MattPie

MattPie

    Bikes beat tanks

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Strafing some corners

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Took this shot on Sunday. Great day for a snowshoe hike!
Attached File  PANO_20121230_133615.jpg   17.48K   20 downloads

#1257 wjag

wjag

    Buffalo Sports -- Dysfunction Junction

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just below the Mason-Dixon Line

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

View Postd4rksabre, on 29 December 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Saw Les Miserables with Jo tonight. What a phenomenal film. My high school was one of the first to do the student version and it meant a lot to see it in this way and hear all the music again. Every grown man in the place was teared up at the end. Powerful. Go see it.

We saw it too.  I've read the book, seen it in NYC and now this.  A truly remarkable movie.  They can extend the visual in the movie that a play just can't.  The Fantene scene at the end was chilling..  I thought all the characters were well casted.  

This year 's Oscars will be very competitive.

#1258 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

An article about sledding at Chestnut Ridge in The Boston Globe of all places.  Brings back great memories of sledding and tobogganing there as a kid.

http://www.bostonglo...mljN/story.html

Quote

Our ballparks and arenas no longer allow us a single thinking moment. The NBA is the lead offender, blaring some form of music or scarring beat amid the action. More and more, the game feels like an extended intermission. MLB, the NFL, and the NHL (when it’s in business) are somewhat more moderate, but they all deal in their ragged, annoying forms of audio-porn. Our senses are constantly under assault, our sensibilities desensitized by life’s incessant woof and hum.
Ah, but to be there atop Chestnut Ridge, with life’s volume turned low, its pace slowed, the world minimized to the pleasure and task of blending sport with gravity . . .
So simple, yet tremendous, as simple so often is.


#1259 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, NY/Apex, NC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 03 January 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

An article about sledding at Chestnut Ridge in The Boston Globe of all places.  Brings back great memories of sledding and tobogganing there as a kid.

http://www.bostonglo...mljN/story.html

I was just in town from Boston last week and brought my fiancee there.  She'll get a kick out of this one.

#1260 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

View Postshrader, on 03 January 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

I was just in town from Boston last week and brought my fiancee there.  She'll get a kick out of this one.

Do they still have the toboggan run open?

#1261 wjag

wjag

    Buffalo Sports -- Dysfunction Junction

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just below the Mason-Dixon Line

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 03 January 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Do they still have the toboggan run open?

Yeah they refurbed it a few years back..

Flying down the sled hill on those old runner sleds was always a thrill..  We had a souped up ten-seater tobaggan with extra cushioning.  That thing routinely went all the way down the toboggan runs and forced us to deliberately crash it to stop it before the end..  I remember the hot chocolate too..

#1262 bunomatic

bunomatic

    bunomatic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,828 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nanaimo,B.C.,Canada

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

View Post2ForTripping, on 28 December 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

stepped on the scale today.... i weigh 89 pounds lighter than i did 365 days ago

  Congrats. That is awesome.

#1263 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, NY/Apex, NC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

View Postwjag, on 03 January 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Yeah they refurbed it a few years back..

Flying down the sled hill on those old runner sleds was always a thrill..  We had a souped up ten-seater tobaggan with extra cushioning.  That thing routinely went all the way down the toboggan runs and forced us to deliberately crash it to stop it before the end..  I remember the hot chocolate too..

They looked incredibly dangerous on Saturday.  The toboggans were jumping all over the place.  A few people barely made if off the ramp before they fell off.  I never did ride those when I was little even though we did have the toboggans.  Now that I think of it, I can't even remember if those runs were even open back then.  I know they shut them down at some point (before re-opening them recently), but I have no idea when exactly that happened.

#1264 MattPie

MattPie

    Bikes beat tanks

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Strafing some corners

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

View Postshrader, on 03 January 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

They looked incredibly dangerous on Saturday.  The toboggans were jumping all over the place.  A few people barely made if off the ramp before they fell off.  I never did ride those when I was little even though we did have the toboggans.  Now that I think of it, I can't even remember if those runs were even open back then.  I know they shut them down at some point (before re-opening them recently), but I have no idea when exactly that happened.

Not sure when you were a kid, but I remember doing them once or twice when I was little. So, mid-80s or so.

#1265 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,837 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

View Postwjag, on 03 January 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:



Yeah they refurbed it a few years back..

Flying down the sled hill on those old runner sleds was always a thrill..  We had a souped up ten-seater tobaggan with extra cushioning.  That thing routinely went all the way down the toboggan runs and forced us to deliberately crash it to stop it before the end..  I remember the hot chocolate too..

I used to spill hot chocolate on myself all the time at Chestnut Ridge when I was a kid. :lol:

I've been telling the gf we need to go. I think it's gonna have to happen now

#1266 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

View Postwjag, on 03 January 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Yeah they refurbed it a few years back..

Flying down the sled hill on those old runner sleds was always a thrill..  We had a souped up ten-seater tobaggan with extra cushioning.  That thing routinely went all the way down the toboggan runs and forced us to deliberately crash it to stop it before the end..  I remember the hot chocolate too..

Yeah you could really get going on those things.  I also remember an ambulance always parked on the top of the hill on busy days.  My friends and I always tried to take each other out when we went there as teens.

#1267 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

    I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

When in college we used to go to the Quebec City, or Montreal, area ski resorts.

None of us skiied, but we did the *apres ski* thing at the lodges.

Let me tell you this ... chicks dig guys with casts ... :flirt:

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS, 03 January 2013 - 11:47 AM.


#1268 apuszczalowski

apuszczalowski

    Commander of the Armies of the North

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostLastPommerFan, on 23 December 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

New baby boys!

8lbs 2oz, 20.5", healthy and happy (both mom and baby pommer fan #3)
Congrats, but about a week to early to get one the Sabres baby blanket and Certificate from TP (assuming you had it in Buffalo)

I saw the article about it yesterday and told my wife, she now refuses to go anywhere near the Border with me around her due date. She still thinks the baby is going to be a Leafs fan like her........
(We did have discussions about having to come to a compromise that the Baby will be neither a Sabres nor Leafs, and may have to be a Red Wings fan)

#1269 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, NY/Apex, NC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostMattPie, on 03 January 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Not sure when you were a kid, but I remember doing them once or twice when I was little. So, mid-80s or so.

They must have been open when I was younger (I'm 31 now), but since I never rode them, I guess I never noticed or cared.

#1270 biodork

biodork

    I love lamp.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,243 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:central PA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostMattPie, on 03 January 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

Took this shot on Sunday. Great day for a snowshoe hike!
Attachment PANO_20121230_133615.jpg

Wow, awesome pic!

#1271 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

    Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,119 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester/Finger Lakes

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

watching my oldest at his first hockey practice.

#1272 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

    I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Tebow learns to walk ...

http://us.cnn.com/vi...tebow-puppy.cnn

Is he not just the cutest?

#1273 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

    Texting Nun

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,922 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostSabres Fan In NS, on 09 January 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Tebow learns to walk ...

http://us.cnn.com/vi...tebow-puppy.cnn

Is he not just the cutest?

Something tells me there is video of Lindy Ruff out there on a random Tuesday at 2AM that would synch up perfectly.....

#1274 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,837 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

The Face of Fu Manchu on TCM right now. Christopher Lee is a legend.

#1275 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

    Resistance is futile

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,411 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Tell me this isn't awesome. I dare you.



#1276 Sabrejak

Sabrejak

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostPASabreFan, on 09 January 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

Tell me this isn't awesome. I dare you.



No, that IS awesome.
Every now and then I pull up ole Rick Jeannerete on Youtube and have my daughter listen along with me.

#1277 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

    Texting Nun

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,922 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

View PostPASabreFan, on 09 January 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

Tell me this isn't awesome. I dare you.



You know these fellas?

This was great! I don't care here or there....that was pretty cool.

I love how Curtis Brown gets the victory in amount of highlights.....

#1278 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, NY/Apex, NC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

I miss the days of playing goalie in street hockey with nothing more than a baseball mitt and an old hockey glove so worn out it didn't actually have a palm anymore (insert joke here).

Edited by shrader, 10 January 2013 - 09:03 AM.


#1279 SwampD

SwampD

    All Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Jersey, orig. NT

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

View Postshrader, on 10 January 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

I miss the days of playing goalie in street hockey with nothing more than a baseball mitt and an old hockey glove so worn out it didn't actually have a palm anymore (insert joke here).
With the foam of a couch cushion, cut in half, tied with pieces of rope, for pads.

#1280 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, NY/Apex, NC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostSwampD, on 10 January 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

With the foam of a couch cushion, cut in half, tied with pieces of rope, for pads.

We didn't even go that far.  It was really painful having a brother 7 years older than you who wanted to do nothing but work on his slapshot.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: off topic