#81 nfreeman

nfreeman

All I want is everything you got.

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,670 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

View Posteball, on 10 November 2011 - 04:16 PM, said:

I haven't read the entire thread, but the question that unfortunately keeps entering my mind is this:

Why did McQueary, a graduate assistant and former player no doubt in superior physical condition to a 50-something year old, merely "report" the incident after the fact rather than stepping in to save that poor youngster?

I hope he's losing sleep and tortured.  Friggin' coward.
good effing question.

#82 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

View Postshrader, on 10 November 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

I just read the stuff specific to the grad assistant coach.  The whole thing just doesn't make much sense to me.  You call your father and not some sort of authority immediately?  His immediate thought was self-preservation and not the well-being of that 10 year old boy.  I say throw him in with the rest of them.

This is the part I can't get past. Other than Sanduskey himself, This man is the MOST guilty in my mind. He actually saw it. He saw a grown man RAPING A 10-YEAR-OLD BOY and WALKED AWAY!

View PostCrosschecking, on 10 November 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

Will your company be reconsidering their obligation to Penn State and have you get your Master's elsewhere?

I dunno? Should I be dropping out?

#83 matter2003

matter2003

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

Once he lands in jail he is going to be getting beat down on a daily basis...if there is one thing those hardened criminals don't tolerate it's hurting kids...go kill a bunch of people, rob them, beat them, kidnap them, whatever. You hurt a kid, you are gonna wish you were dead after a few weeks...

#84 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

View Postmatter2003, on 10 November 2011 - 05:04 PM, said:

Once he lands in jail he is going to be getting beat down on a daily basis...if there is one thing those hardened criminals don't tolerate it's hurting kids...go kill a bunch of people, rob them, beat them, kidnap them, whatever. You hurt a kid, you are gonna wish you were dead after a few weeks...

He probably will be.

#85 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

Poop Flavored Lollypop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,507 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

I recently was turned down for a job at Penn State and I am glad I was.  The whole situation is repugnant.  Everyone who had knowledge of and did nothing about these terrible crimes should be fired immediately. Personally i dont really care if your Jo-Pa or Jesus your @ss knew a scumbag was raping kids in your facilities and you didn't call the cops? Seriously? WTF!  That entire college should feel ashamed for what their leaders allowed to happen.

#86 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,158 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

View PostSabres Fan In NS, on 10 November 2011 - 05:07 PM, said:

He probably will be.
With what little I know about the justice system, he will be housed with other inmates like himself.  I doubt this retribution will ever come to fruition.

#87 shrader

shrader

National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,171 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

View Posteball, on 10 November 2011 - 04:16 PM, said:

I haven't read the entire thread, but the question that unfortunately keeps entering my mind is this:

Why did McQueary, a graduate assistant and former player no doubt in superior physical condition to a 50-something year old, merely "report" the incident after the fact rather than stepping in to save that poor youngster?

I hope he's losing sleep and tortured.  Friggin' coward.

But he did do what any self-respecting 4 year old would do and immediately called daddy.

#88 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

View Postinkman, on 10 November 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

With what little I know about the justice system, he will be housed with other inmates like himself.  I doubt this retribution will ever come to fruition.

Someone will find a way, somehow ...

That being said, I believe firmly that in the end, the judge of us all will call the shots.

#89 neverenough

neverenough

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

This is sick,  very sick!  I hate people that dont stand up for whats right. Poor kids

#90 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,681 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

:unsure:  http://joeposnanski....end-of-paterno/ :cry:

#91 Strow

Strow

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

I just saw a really disturbing article on aol.com hinting at Sandusky "pimping" out the young boys from his youth group to high profile donors. Just when it couldn't get worse it might.

#92 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

Poop Flavored Lollypop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,507 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

View PostStrow, on 10 November 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

I just saw a really disturbing article on aol.com hinting at Sandusky "pimping" out the young boys from his youth group to high profile donors. Just when it couldn't get worse it might.
If that's true its NCAA responsibility (if not Penn States) to shut the football program down.  (If they were donors to the program that is, if they were donors to the charity idk what is morally correct there)  Sandusky being out on bail makes me sick. They should have set his bail at the maximum allowable by law.    I think they should make child molestation punishable by the death penalty.  What a horrible mess this all is. I just hope the media respects the victims and by victims I don't mean anybody who knew about this and did nothing, I mean the actual kids. /endrant

#93 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

View Postbiodork, on 10 November 2011 - 11:39 AM, said:

I don't disagree about the cover-up, but banning PSU athletics would unfairly punish the students who had nothing to do with this.  Throw out everyone in charge who's even remotely involved and start over from scratch.

PSU athletics gained no competitive advantage whatsoever from the stupidity (on behalf of everyone not named Sandusky) and the I-don't-have-an-adjective criminality of Sandusky himself.  It's not a booster giving money; it's not a car dealer giving up sweet deals.  There is no reason to punish the program, because there was no competitive advantage for the team.

#94 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

Poop Flavored Lollypop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,507 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

View PostEleven, on 10 November 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

PSU athletics gained no competitive advantage whatsoever from the stupidity (on behalf of everyone not named Sandusky) and the I-don't-have-an-adjective criminality of Sandusky himself.  It's not a booster giving money; it's not a car dealer giving up sweet deals.  There is no reason to punish the program, because there was no competitive advantage for the team.
What if those "donors" gave money directly to/for the football program?  That I think is where you draw the line.  However if they were just donating to Penn State than no you should not punish students who had no clue what was going on over this.  Basically if you can trace the money from these "donors" directly to the program than there is a major issue and there was an advantage (more money ='s better stuff, look at the sabres this season).  If not I completely agree with you.

#95 Strow

Strow

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

Try this My link

#96 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

View PostLGR4GM, on 10 November 2011 - 07:57 PM, said:

What if those "donors" gave money directly to/for the football program?  That I think is where you draw the line.  However if they were just donating to Penn State than no you should not punish students who had no clue what was going on over this.  Basically if you can trace the money from these "donors" directly to the program than there is a major issue and there was an advantage (more money ='s better stuff, look at the sabres this season).  If not I completely agree with you.

So far, there is no connection to donors to the football program.  If there is, I certainly will have a very different opinion.

I also think it's a little nutty to draw a connection between the Sabres and Penn State on this level.  If I gave a few bucks to my alma mater, UB (unfortunately for me, I don't have "Pegula money"), and some UB administrator/prof/coach/whatever turned out to be a molester, is that really on me if I didn't know about it?  I don't think so.  And I don't think it's on Pegula unless someone establishes that Pegula knew that this was going on, tolerated it, donated in spite of it, and didn't report.  I can't imagine all of that.  I kind of think this thread is silly.

#97 ubkev

ubkev

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

View PostEleven, on 10 November 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

The football program as a whole is the problem in this whole thing. The program generates millions of dollars for the university, and those millions of dollars are the reason for the cover up to start with.
If it's not for the backward thinking of "how will this effect our program?" Then this gets reported in 1998 or sooner!
I have to go back to work now so I've gotta cut this rant short. I'll try and tie up the loose ends later.

#98 Bmwolf21

Bmwolf21

Habitual Line Stepper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts
  • Location:Parma Heights, OH by way of Orlando, Tallahassee and Niagara Falls

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

View PostThat Aud Smell, on 10 November 2011 - 09:54 AM, said:

the concern appears to be that he didn't go to an unbiased, outside police authority (one that didn't have a vested interest in protecting the institution); one associated with a criminal justice system that would have jurisdiction to prosecute sandusky.

also, after having reported to the VP of operations and ostensibly discharged his legal duty (which he probably he did), it appears that paterno was complicit in an arrangement that allowed sandusky to retire at an early age (55) in exchange for a cover-up of past criminal acts and continued access to PSU facilities.

paterno's failing may not have been a legal one, but it was a moral one. and it was a biggie.

View PostTouched by Boyes, on 10 November 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

the timeline you linked to further indicates that there are definitely some serious wrongdoings going on. It looks like numerous people at PSU knew what was going on fairly early on and continued to allow Sandusky access to the PSU campus and to young boys in the charity.

Disgusting stuff  :sick:
These rumors, that Paterno knew about his earlier assualts and he forced Sandusky into retirement as a sort of punishment, are the most damning.  He can't hide behind "I didn't know exactly what the grad assistant was telling me and it was vague and confusing".  If that is true, then not only should Paterno have rightly lost his job, but he should be tossed in jail too.  

View Postspndnchz, on 10 November 2011 - 01:07 PM, said:

There were 8 victims of this guy. EIGHT.  Multiple people knew it was happening.  From the parents, to high school football and wrestling coaches, to athletic directors, to the graduate assistant, to Paterno, to VP's and President of PSU, to Director of Campus Police to even janitors.  When will people wake the ###### up.
ESPN ran Barry Switzer's statement on the whole mess, and he summed it up perfectly - everyone knew.  The way college coaching staffs are set up, they all knew.  And if they all knew, then that meant that wives, friends, admins, girlfriends - others outside the program knew.  And they all went along and didn't say a thing because they didn't want to screw up the image of college football Camelot.

View Postshrader, on 10 November 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

I just read the stuff specific to the grad assistant coach.  The whole thing just doesn't make much sense to me.  You call your father and not some sort of authority immediately?  His immediate thought was self-preservation and not the well-being of that 10 year old boy.  I say throw him in with the rest of them.
Amen.

#99 K-9

K-9

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

View Postbiodork, on 10 November 2011 - 02:10 PM, said:

This is a bit long, but it makes you think about the other side of the story:

http://no-boxes-allo...oe-paterno.html

Interesting how the author just briefly alludes to the 1998 incident in which Penn State police investigated Sandusky for taking showers with little boys as a "wild card" out there.

Sandusky admitted to it.

Sandusky also said he couldn't promise he wouldn't do it again.

Does this author think for a minute JoePa didn't know about what occurred in 1998?

The 2002 shower rape NEVER WOULD HAVE OCCURRED if Penn State, the Athletic Department, and JoePa didn't ignore the events of 1998. That little boy was 6 years old in 1998. Somebody could have warned him that 4 years later Sandusky would target him. Nobody did.

#100 K-9

K-9

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

View Postmatter2003, on 10 November 2011 - 05:04 PM, said:

He'll never see a minute in general population. He'll be locked up with other pedophiles.

#101 beerme1

beerme1

First Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

Such a sickening story. And so much more involved at many levels to protect the cash cow program.
Sad as it is these victims need to come forward and bring full rath against these douchebags.

#102 bunomatic

bunomatic

bunomatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

View Postweave, on 10 November 2011 - 11:59 AM, said:

There is a huge difference in the crime.  But in either case you've got a situation where a young man has to confront his bosses, go outside of rank, and risk losing his job to do the right thing.  i would have no problem whatsoever doing that as a 45 yr old.  I don't know that I had the stones to do it when I was 23 and in my first real job and living on my own.

I am torn about banning PSU athletics.  At bare minimum there should be a complete top to bottom cleansing of personnel.  Bare minimum.  Additional sanction most certainly is warranted.  The NCAA needs to send the strongest message that coverup along these lines won't be tolerated.  But I can't sit here and say I know what the correct level of sanction is.
  Some things in life are bigger than and more important than your own well being. I would absolutely be willing to lose my job to 'whistleblow' a situation as depraved and morally corrupt as this. At some point one has to quit asking how does this affect me and ask how can I save even one child from experiencing something as sick and twisted as this.

#103 Evan Almighty

Evan Almighty

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

I love all the tough guys here who talk about what they would have done.  Pretty easy to say that sitting behind the comfort of your keyboard.  Yes, burn the entire program down for the sins of Curley and the administration.  Paterno should have done more, and for that he should be gone at the end of the season.  He should have been gone 10 years ago, as his mind has clearly deteriorated as evidenced by the fact that the program simply hasn't been as dominant as it used to be.  But he is not the guilty party here.  He notified his boss and THE HEAD OF CAMPUS POLICE.  He obviously should have gone to the state police once he saw nothing was happening, but to not give his lifelong fans that have spent every fall Saturday of our lives with him in our living rooms is absurd.  The amount of good he has done for PSU and for people in general is being swept under the rug here and it's a travesty.  Killing Penn State Football won't help anyone, it will destroy one of the premier research universities in the world.  The best thing that can happen is for Sandusky to fry and Penn State to rise above this and help victims of child abuse.  There are a lot of good people in Happy Valley and to take away something that means so much to us won't help the victims.  I deserved one last chance to say goodbye to a man I loved dearly and if you outsiders don't get it then you can quite frankly go to hell.  PENN STATE FOREVER

#104 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,681 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

View PostEvan Almighty, on 10 November 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

I love all the tough guys here who talk about what they would have done.  Pretty easy to say that sitting behind the comfort of your keyboard.  Yes, burn the entire program down for the sins of Curley and the administration.  Paterno should have done more, and for that he should be gone at the end of the season.  He should have been gone 10 years ago, as his mind has clearly deteriorated as evidenced by the fact that the program simply hasn't been as dominant as it used to be.  But he is not the guilty party here.  He notified his boss and THE HEAD OF CAMPUS POLICE.  He obviously should have gone to the state police once he saw nothing was happening, but to not give his lifelong fans that have spent every fall Saturday of our lives with him in our living rooms is absurd.  The amount of good he has done for PSU and for people in general is being swept under the rug here and it's a travesty.  Killing Penn State Football won't help anyone, it will destroy one of the premier research universities in the world.  The best thing that can happen is for Sandusky to fry and Penn State to rise above this and help victims of child abuse.  There are a lot of good people in Happy Valley and to take away something that means so much to us won't help the victims.  I deserved one last chance to say goodbye to a man I loved dearly and if you outsiders don't get it then you can quite frankly go to hell.  PENN STATE FOREVER

Edit:  And I think OJ was not guilty

-Evan Almighty

#105 X. Benedict

X. Benedict

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,016 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:03 PM

I love all the tough guys here who talk about what they would have done.  Pretty easy to say that sitting behind the comfort of your keyboard.  Yes, burn the entire program down for the sins of Curley and the administration.  Paterno should have done more, and for that he should be gone at the end of the season.  He should have been gone 10 years ago, as his mind has clearly deteriorated as evidenced by the fact that the program simply hasn't been as dominant as it used to be.  But he is not the guilty party here.  He notified his boss and THE HEAD OF CAMPUS POLICE.

No he didn't. Read page 7 of the grand jury report.

He obviously should have gone to the state police once he saw nothing was happening, but to not give his lifelong fans that have spent every fall Saturday of our lives with him in our living rooms is absurd.  The amount of good he has done for PSU and for people in general is being swept under the rug here and it's a travesty.  Killing Penn State Football won't help anyone, it will destroy one of the premier research universities in the world.  The best thing that can happen is for Sandusky to fry and Penn State to rise above this and help victims of child abuse.  There are a lot of good people in Happy Valley and to take away something that means so much to us won't help the victims.  I deserved one last chance to say goodbye to a man I loved dearly and if you outsiders don't get it then you can quite frankly go to hell.  PENN STATE FOREVER

If you love Penn State forget about football for the time you took to type that and read the grand jury report.

#106 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

Poop Flavored Lollypop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,507 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

View PostEleven, on 10 November 2011 - 08:10 PM, said:

So far, there is no connection to donors to the football program.  If there is, I certainly will have a very different opinion.

I also think it's a little nutty to draw a connection between the Sabres and Penn State on this level.  If I gave a few bucks to my alma mater, UB (unfortunately for me, I don't have "Pegula money"), and some UB administrator/prof/coach/whatever turned out to be a molester, is that really on me if I didn't know about it?  I don't think so.  And I don't think it's on Pegula unless someone establishes that Pegula knew that this was going on, tolerated it, donated in spite of it, and didn't report.  I can't imagine all of that.  I kind of think this thread is silly.
I totally agree.  Terry Pegula had nothing to do with any of it so the fact he helped create a hockey program at Penn State has nothing to do with it.  Terry and Kim are extremely nice and generous people and I am very thankful they own my favorite hockey team.

#107 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,284 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:32 PM

View Postinkman, on 10 November 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

Correct.

It happens, but the frequency is more urban legend among people who will never go to prison anyway, than anecdotal truth.

I would be wary of this whole situation. Someone better be keeping an eye on JoPa because at his age, what's a little suicide? Especially if the rest of your life is prison.

#108 nfreeman

nfreeman

All I want is everything you got.

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,670 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

View PostBmwolf21, on 10 November 2011 - 08:21 PM, said:

ESPN ran Barry Switzer's statement on the whole mess, and he summed it up perfectly - everyone knew.  The way college coaching staffs are set up, they all knew.  And if they all knew, then that meant that wives, friends, admins, girlfriends - others outside the program knew.  And they all went along and didn't say a thing because they didn't want to screw up the image of college football Camelot.
Exactly.  The whole thing is rotten to the core, and in just about the most morally corrupt way imaginable.  That's why the program should get the death penalty.  

Are you on drugs?

#109 HopefulFuture

HopefulFuture

Swords Forever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

My son was attacked in an athletic program in Niagara County.
I did 60 days in Niagara County jail for my response. If law enforcement fails to act, rest assured, we parents will.
Don't dare take a stance of "what they would have done" with me.
That dog don't hunt.

Bottom line, they are all scumbags, includine Joe Pa.
Any failure to contact authorities is inexcusable.

If you'd like, you can meet my eldest son, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to school this line of thought.

F**K the program when it comes to this type of behavior. And F**k those who have an attitude of giving Joe Pa the rest of the season.

THEY ALL FAILED TO ACT, PERIOD, END OF STORY.

#110 K-9

K-9

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

Good luck with Penn State getting recruits after this. My son will NEVER go to Penn State because that institution enabled a serial pedophile for AT LEAST 13 years that we know of and never lifted a finger to stop it. The safety of my child wouldn't come first at Penn State. They have violated a sacred public trust and it will be years before they earn it back.

By the time it's all over, JoePa will be grateful he was let go. This mess is going to explode in ways the Penn State faithful can't imagine.

#111 Bmwolf21

Bmwolf21

Habitual Line Stepper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:47 PM

View PostEleven, on 10 November 2011 - 08:10 PM, said:

Agreed, but the thread has pretty much devolved from any potential Sabres connection to this debacle into a discussion of the actual scandal.

The only thing that would make me nervous is...how long has the administration, including Paterno, known about this?  The more that comes out the more it looks like they've known since 98. If that's the case....who else knew?  Assuming Pegula was like us and didn't know a thing until the last ten days...when and what did the AD know - the guy who went out and solicited T=Peg's money?  If so, how does Pegula react to that?  That is what I would be interested to hear.

#112 Bmwolf21

Bmwolf21

Habitual Line Stepper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:49 PM

View PostHopefulFuture, on 10 November 2011 - 11:42 PM, said:

My son was attacked in an athletic program in Niagara County.
I did 60 days in Niagara County jail for my response. If law enforcement fails to act, rest assured, we parents will.
Don't dare take a stance of "what they would have done" with me.
That dog don't hunt.

Bottom line, they are all scumbags, includine Joe Pa.
Any failure to contact authorities is inexcusable.

If you'd like, you can meet my eldest son, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to school this line of thought.

F**K the program when it comes to this type of behavior. And F**k those who have an attitude of giving Joe Pa the rest of the season.

THEY ALL FAILED TO ACT, PERIOD, END OF STORY.
Probably your first post with which I have agreed.

View PostK-9, on 10 November 2011 - 11:45 PM, said:

Good luck with Penn State getting recruits after this. My son will NEVER go to Penn State because that institution enabled a serial pedophile for AT LEAST 13 years that we know of and never lifted a finger to stop it. The safety of my child wouldn't come first at Penn State. They have violated a sacred public trust and it will be years before they earn it back.

By the time it's all over, JoePa will be grateful he was let go. This mess is going to explode in ways the Penn State faithful can't imagine.
True.

#113 K-9

K-9

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

View PostBmwolf21, on 10 November 2011 - 11:47 PM, said:

Agreed, but the thread has pretty much devolved from any potential Sabres connection to this debacle into a discussion of the actual scandal.

The only thing that would make me nervous is...how long has the administration, including Paterno, known about this?  The more that comes out the more it looks like they've known since 98. If that's the case....who else knew?  Assuming Pegula was like us and didn't know a thing until the last ten days...when and what did the AD know - the guy who went out and solicited T=Peg's money?  If so, how does Pegula react to that?  That is what I would be interested to hear.

What did the AD know? Well, since he lied to the Grand Jury and is being charged with perjury for that reason, I suspect he knew an awful lot and that he knew it for a long, long time.

#114 SDS

SDS

• SS Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:00 AM

And this is exhibit #3257 of why the program needs to be leveled.

There are probably 300 million outsiders who look at you and many of your alumni and are completely disgusted with the inbred, out of touch, dysfunctional attitudes you possess. Somewhere there are human beings watching your riots and reading your inane comments and once again get to feel dehumanized. You deserved a last chance to say goodbye to the enabler? What do the victims deserve? To watch you scream "I love you Joe" on TV? WTF is wrong with you?

It is your representative attitude, football above all, that is why the program needs to go because maybe, just maybe, the clueless in "Happy Valley" might just wake up and actually understand what the hell just happened.

#115 Bmwolf21

Bmwolf21

Habitual Line Stepper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:00 AM

View PostK-9, on 10 November 2011 - 11:50 PM, said:

What did the AD know? Well, since he lied to the Grand Jury and is being charged with perjury for that reason, I suspect he knew an awful lot and that he knew it for a long, long time.
Therein lies the rub....when did he know it? If he knew, who else did?  Maybe T-Pegs didn't (I assume he didn't) but if not, did any other major donors know?

Like you said...this is gonna get worse - a lot worse - before it gets any better.

#116 Bmwolf21

Bmwolf21

Habitual Line Stepper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:01 AM

View PostSDS, on 11 November 2011 - 12:00 AM, said:

And this is exhibit #3257 of why the program needs to be leveled.

There are probably 300 million outsiders who look at you and many of your alumni and are completely disgusted with the inbred, out of touch, dysfunctional attitudes you possess. Somewhere there are human beings watching your riots and reading your inane comments and once again get to feel dehumanized. You deserved a last chance to say goodbye to the enabler? What do they deserve?

It is your representative attitude, football above all, is why the program needs to go because maybe, just maybe, the clueless in "Happy Valley" might just wake up and actually understand what the hell just happened.
:clapping:

#117 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:16 AM

If the Penn State Board of Trustees thought firing just Paterno and Spanier was going to solve their PR problem, they were wrong:

Joe Paterno Fired, Others Not: Attorney General's Office Has 'Concern'

Also includes descriptions of the main players in the scandal, what they knew, what they did and what happened to them.

#118 Bmwolf21

Bmwolf21

Habitual Line Stepper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

View Postnfreeman, on 10 November 2011 - 11:33 PM, said:

Exactly.  The whole thing is rotten to the core, and in just about the most morally corrupt way imaginable.  That's why the program should get the death penalty.  
Here's the link to Switzer's comments, for anyone interested:

LINK

“Having been in this profession a long time and knowing how close coaching staffs are, I knew that this was a secret that was kept secret. Everyone on that had to have known, the ones that had been around a long time,” Switzer said in an interview with The Oklahoman newspaper.

Former Oklahoma University and Dallas Cowboys coach Barry Switzer says members of the Penn State coaching staff had to be aware of former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky’s alleged behavior. (AP Photo)
Switzer added that others outside the Penn State program had to have known as well.

“You think that a 13-year assistant ... hasn’t told someone else? His wife? His father? People knew. The community knew,” Switzer said.

Switzer said the tragedy of the situation was that no one stepped up to put a stop to Sandusky.

“There are more people culpable than just Joe Paterno and the athletic director. There are so many other people that have thought, ‘I could’ve done something about this, too’ that didn’t come forward. That’s the tragedy of it,” he said.

#119 bunomatic

bunomatic

bunomatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:41 AM

Someone has said that it is almost like a cult and this pretty well sums up what they were getting at I guess.

#120 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:31 AM

:angry:

Dear Child Rape Victims that never would have had to endure this tragedy had Joe Paterno done small little things, like call the police to report a rape,

We know you're probably a bit of a mess right now, and we feel really bad for you. Especially since, had anyone one grown up at our university done the right thing in 1998 or 2002, you would still be a happy go lucky kid, innocent to the core. We're gonna get rid of the people who failed to protect you, we promise. It's just that... Some of them are pretty popular. I mean there are people who actually believe that if Penn State stops playing football, they'll get fewer research grants (I know, crazy, right?) Anyway, we're gonna let ole JoePa have a swan song here on saturday, (and then in the B10 Championship game) (and then hopefully in the rosebowl) When you see all those hoards of people cheering him on, I want to assure you, they're cheering him on because they're zombies, not because he enabled one of his longest tenured assistants access to our facilities so he could rape you there. Please don't feel to bad. The way we look at it, your damage is already done, why add Penn State Football fans to the list of innocent victims like yourself.

Sincerely,

Penn State

:death:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: off topic