3199 replies to this topic

#3121 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:43 PM

Have fun. I went to one of those in Raleigh some years back. It was fun and I got to meet Rick Jeanneret, Lindy Ruff, Harry Neale, and Kevin Sylvester. Rick was knocking beers back left and right

Cool.  This one is advertised as having Bray May, Rob Ray, Danny Gare, Rene Robert, Brian Duff, and Dan Dunleavy (so no Rick, but still a solid group).  How large are these Road Crew outings usually?  I know they capped the # of tickets because they sold out, but I have no idea what to expect.

#3122 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,670 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

What a gorgeous day in WNY.

#3123 Drunkard

Drunkard

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

Cool.  This one is advertised as having Bray May, Rob Ray, Danny Gare, Rene Robert, Brian Duff, and Dan Dunleavy (so no Rick, but still a solid group).  How large are these Road Crew outings usually?  I know they capped the # of tickets because they sold out, but I have no idea what to expect.

I think it depends on the venue. When I went it was held at this restaurant a few miles from the Canes arena called Buffalo Brothers pizza. There were probably 200 or so people there but it was many years and countless beers ago so my memory may be a little fuzzy. We showed up early and ordered a pizza we paid for but they also set up a buffet that was included with the price of admission. Probably an hour or so into the official start time was when there was a chance to line up and get pictures or autographs with the VIPs but the place will be filled with Sabres fans so there's always friendlies to converse with. They also played the Top Shelf dvd of RJ on a loop on all the tvs in the restaurant when I went and I hadn't see it before that so watching that kept me entertained as well.

#3124 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:13 PM

I think it depends on the venue. When I went it was held at this restaurant a few miles from the Canes arena called Buffalo Brothers pizza. There were probably 200 or so people there but it was many years and countless beers ago so my memory may be a little fuzzy. We showed up early and ordered a pizza we paid for but they also set up a buffet that was included with the price of admission. Probably an hour or so into the official start time was when there was a chance to line up and get pictures or autographs with the VIPs but the place will be filled with Sabres fans so there's always friendlies to converse with. They also played the Top Shelf dvd of RJ on a loop on all the tvs in the restaurant when I went and I hadn't see it before that so watching that kept me entertained as well.

Good to know -- thanks!  I haven't been to this restaurant/bar yet, so I have no idea how big it is.  Brought a jersey along to wear tonight in case they were signing stuff.   :D

#3125 Drunkard

Drunkard

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

Good to know -- thanks!  I haven't been to this restaurant/bar yet, so I have no idea how big it is.  Brought a jersey along to wear tonight in case they were signing stuff.   :D

They'll definitely sign stuff. The whole road crew concept is to give a big thank you to Sabres outside of the Buffalo area. It should be definitely be autograph friendly. Hell, when I went the Pegula's didn't even own the team yet. I imagine if they changed anything it would be to make the experience even better for everyone. You'll have a blast. Get a picture putting up your dukes with Rob Ray or something. He wasn't at the one I attended, I would've loved to meet him. He may be a big dumb lug who gets way too much grief on these boards, but he's our big dumb lug, dammit.

Edited by Drunkard, 24 February 2017 - 03:21 PM.

#3126 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

They'll definitely sign stuff. The whole road crew concept is to give a big thank you to Sabres outside of the Buffalo area. It should be definitely be autograph friendly. Hell, when I went the Pegula's didn't even own the team yet. I imagine if they changed anything it would be to make the experience even better for everyone. You'll have a blast. Get a picture putting up your dukes with Rob Ray or something. He wasn't at the one I attended, I would've loved to meet him. He may be a big dumb lug, but he's our big dumb lug.

LOVE IT.  :lol:  Should I bring a marker for signing, or will they have them there?  I didn't think to grab one at home, but there are plenty at work I could "borrow".

#3127 Drunkard

Drunkard

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

LOVE IT.  :lol:  Should I bring a marker for signing, or will they have them there?  I didn't think to grab one at home, but there are plenty at work I could "borrow".

They'll probably have them, but I'd take one just in case, especially if you want them to sign your jersey.

#3128 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

They'll probably have them, but I'd take one just in case, especially if you want them to sign your jersey.

Thanks!  I'm so excited to be done with work and head out for this, haha.

#3129 Drunkard

Drunkard

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:08 PM

Thanks!  I'm so excited to be done with work and head out for this, haha.

You're welcome. Let us know how it was (hopefully in the awesome thread since it should be awesome) after it all wraps up.

#3130 TrueBlueGED

TrueBlueGED

#fancystats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:12 PM

What a gorgeous day in WNY.

Seriously. I'm about to go for a run. Outside. In shorts. In Buffalo. In February. And I'll be perfectly comfortable .

#3131 North Buffalo

North Buffalo

When hell freezes over, I’ll play hockey there too.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,295 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:17 PM

Off work in 12 min, started last nite a midnite...

#3132 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

You're welcome. Let us know how it was (hopefully in the awesome thread since it should be awesome) after it all wraps up.

For sure!

#3133 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

Bueller?

It's the end of another work week, and that's fantastic enough for me.

#3134 spndnchz

spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,283 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

Bueller?
It's the end of another work week, and that's fantastic enough for me.

I'll second that. Even though it's a week later lol.

#3135 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Playground King

• Members
  • 31,518 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:33 AM

Tax refund posted to my account today chyea 

#3136 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Playground King

• Members
  • 31,518 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:49 PM

And we got approved for our apartment in Buffalo! It's hard to believe I've been living in Rochester for a decade. 5/15 I make my triumphant return to the Queen City.  :beer:

#3137 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Hot Daniel is Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,535 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

It's gonna be cold from today until wednesday. I'm getting some more ###### pond action.

#3138 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Playground King

• Members
  • 31,518 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

It's gonna be cold from today until wednesday. I'm getting some more ###### pond action.

Hmmm, I wonder if the pond at Como Park is frozen...

#3139 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • 25,018 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

And we got approved for our apartment in Buffalo! It's hard to believe I've been living in Rochester for a decade. 5/15 I make my triumphant return to the Queen City.  :beer:

Beware the disgruntled, anarchist office-seekers.

#3140 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:37 PM

I'll second that. Even though it's a week later lol.

Still true!  6pm can't come quickly enough.

Congrats!!!!

#3141 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:36 AM

I'd gotten my taxes about 90% done back in Jan., but I intentionally held off on filing this year because I knew I was going to owe $ for a change after not having a full year of mortgage interest to deduct and having taken some money out of my retirement account last year without holding taxes.  Was very pleasantly surprised this week when I did finish them up and found that after all my deductions were accounted for, I only ended up owing $92.   :D

#3142 nfreeman

nfreeman

All I want is everything you got.

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,734 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:47 AM

At the airport getting ready to depart for bachelor party weekend in Vegas with a bunch of old friends.  Holy mackerel I'm psyched.

#3143 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:08 PM

Also, this might be old news for some but the first video linked in this article is hysterical (Chewbacca Mom)... great watch if you need a laugh, lol

http://www.bankrate....-ended-up-rich/

#3144 WildCard

WildCard

Gunner's Mate First Class: Philip A$$hole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,790 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

At the airport getting ready to depart for bachelor party weekend in Vegas with a bunch of old friends.  Holy mackerel I'm psyched.

Very nice

#3145 Woods-Racer

Woods-Racer

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:07 PM

As you should be!

Enjoy, and I hope you come home with a few stories that you can't share!

#3146 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

Also fantastic:  we interviewed a junior tech earlier in the week that we liked, and while HR is still putzing around with the formal offer letter, he accepted the verbal offer today and will start April 3rd.  We also did a phone interview yesterday with a supervisor candidate that seems very promising, and will hopefully be able to meet her in person sometime in the next two weeks (she's not local).  Thank God we're finally going to get some assistance here so I don't have to do everything myself!!

#3147 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,666 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

Most strwssful week in years is over. Lots of packing tonight (also stressful). My plan involves 3 glaases og whiskey in the airport bar tomorrow and some shuteye on the overnight flightto Frankfurt tomorrow.

After that I have a date with a platter of pigs knuckle and a few liters of bier.

#3148 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

Most strwssful week in years is over. Lots of packing tonight (also stressful). My plan involves 3 glaases og whiskey in the airport bar tomorrow and some shuteye on the overnight flightto Frankfurt tomorrow.

After that I have a date with a platter of pigs knuckle and a few liters of bier.

Sure you didn't start a day early?  :P

Have a safe and wonderful trip, we've!

#3149 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,666 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:37 PM

Sure you didn't start a day early?  :P

Have a safe and wonderful trip, we've!

Packing winding down.  1st pour started.  I'll blame that on laziness.

This time.

#3150 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

Packing winding down.  1st pour started.  I'll blame that on laziness.

This time.

;)

(Hope you have fun, too, nfreeman​!)

#3151 dudacek

dudacek

Bear poker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,435 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:11 AM

Hasn't been a fantastic Friday for Sabrefans in a month?

My wife and daughters are talking me to the spa...?

#3152 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

It's the wonderful time of year (in Denver) when I have the enviable dilemma of whether to bike, hike, snowshoe, or snowboard, all in the same weekend.   :D

#3153 Josie914

Josie914

Eh, I try

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:41 PM

It's the wonderful time of year (in Denver) when I have the enviable dilemma of whether to bike, hike, snowshoe, or snowboard, all in the same weekend.   :D

Niiiice.

This design I'm working on for 26 Shirts is coming together SO WELL and I love it... unfortunately I don't think they'll release it until October. But man, I'm stoked for it when it happens. 

And crazy client likes what I'm doing for them so far. And I have loose plans to grab coffee with a former RIT kid who now works in sports/design in Buffalo once I move in next month. 

I guess for a jobless ne'er do well artist, it's a pretty Good Friday.  

#3154 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:42 PM

Niiiice.

This design I'm working on for 26 Shirts is coming together SO WELL and I love it... unfortunately I don't think they'll release it until October. But man, I'm stoked for it when it happens. 

And crazy client likes what I'm doing for them so far. And I have loose plans to grab coffee with a former RIT kid who now works in sports/design in Buffalo once I move in next month. 

I'd call that a win!  :)

#3155 TrueBlueGED

TrueBlueGED

#fancystats

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

Niiiice.

Awesome :thumbsup:

#3156 EichSnipe

EichSnipe

"Buffalo selects Jack Eichel"

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

26 Shirts is awesome. Now I'm really excited to see this! October sounds like a big Sabres release.... :)

#3157 Josie914

Josie914

Eh, I try

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

26 Shirts is awesome. Now I'm really excited to see this! October sounds like a big Sabres release.... :)

Not to give away too much, but a dash o that and a beloved former President.

Ugh it's KILLING ME I am SO bad at keeping secrets haha time to close this browser tab... 

#3158 Neo

Neo

Neo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:01 PM

Many awesomes, here. Kids are essentially independent, so Mrs. Neo and I are on South Beach! I'm tanned, rum runnered, and getting ready for a steak and evening counting Bentleys and Lamborghinis ... I should've been an Oligarch. Why don't my hips move like that?!

JJ, are you close by? Is anyone?

Niiiice.

Pre-Order, here! You are a gift.

#3159 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,189 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:24 PM

Bump ...

My wife has been encouraging me to reach out to a long lost cousin that I have not seen, or talked to, in 40 years.

Got her email address recently and after a few weeks of getting myself ready (long term members here may remember that I am, relatively mildly, Autistic and these things are very difficult for me) I reached out to her.

She replied and everything is fantastic.

#3160 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Playground King

• Members
  • 31,518 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:29 PM

Bump ...

My wife has been encouraging me to reach out to a long lost cousin that I have not seen, or talked to, in 40 years.

Got her email address recently and after a few weeks of getting myself ready (long term members here may remember that I am, relatively mildly, Autistic and these things are very difficult for me) I reached out to her.

She replied and everything is fantastic.

:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: off topic