1957 replies to this topic

#81 Ohiofan

Ohiofan

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

I'll be married 23 years to the man of my dreams tomorrow!  He works hard, is a fantastic dad, and treats me like a queen.  Oh...and he has embraced hockey and fell hard for my team ever since I took him to the AUD for his first game the weekend we got engaged oh so long ago. HaHa...slipping and sliding all the way to Buffalo in my camaro...what a blast that was.  He supports my passion, we have Center Ice, a slingbox, and sirius XM so we never miss a game here in Ohio.  We take our kids to as many games as we can, whether in Columbus, Detroit, Toronto, or Buffalo.  He buys me jerseys for Christmas, 40 year anniversary books, flags, magnets and whatever else Sabre related I want. He is awesome.

This morning he was coming off the midnight shift and stayed awake ALL DAY while the kids were at school.  :wub:

F'N FANTASTIC FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#82 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,680 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:56 PM

View PostOhiofan, on 16 September 2011 - 02:45 PM, said:

I'll be married 23 years to the man of my dreams tomorrow!  He works hard, is a fantastic dad, and treats me like a queen.  Oh...and he has embraced hockey and fell hard for my team ever since I took him to the AUD for his first game the weekend we got engaged oh so long ago. HaHa...slipping and sliding all the way to Buffalo in my camaro...what a blast that was.  He supports my passion, we have Center Ice, a slingbox, and sirius XM so we never miss a game here in Ohio.  We take our kids to as many games as we can, whether in Columbus, Detroit, Toronto, or Buffalo.  He buys me jerseys for Christmas, 40 year anniversary books, flags, magnets and whatever else Sabre related I want. He is awesome.

This morning he was coming off the midnight shift and stayed awake ALL DAY while the kids were at school.  :wub:

You go Girl!  Get that groove on!

#83 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

View PostOhiofan, on 16 September 2011 - 02:45 PM, said:

:clapping:  Happy (early) anniversary!

#84 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,680 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

Just made the final payment for my season tickets.  Sa-weet.

#85 SwampD

SwampD

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:04 PM

Hanging out playin' G'tar by the first fire o' the season.

F'N Fantastic.

And if Ohiofan's hubby ever decides to go gay, I might go with him because he sounds perfect for me.

#86 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,680 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:52 AM

Sabres on my big TV tonight.

GFs coming over for some pre-season practice.  :beer:

#87 LabattBlue

LabattBlue

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,353 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:59 AM

Got the lawn duties out of the way last night, the Sabres are on TV this weekend, I am going to the Bills game on Sunday, and the weather is supposed to be warm(70+) and hopefully dry for the game! :clapping:

#88 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

Poop Flavored Lollypop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:17 AM

just found out the Sabres will be on tv tonight (thxs chz) so it will be the first complete game I've been able to watch! Also My GF and I are talking again and she got digital cable yesterday so that means I get to use the 52" tv for hockey tonight! Freaking AWESOME!!!!

#89 ChileanSeaBass

ChileanSeaBass

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

I get to leave work early today to get my son from daycare, and then it's 4 days of just him and me. We'll watch the Sabres tonight and tomorrow.  He's not even 3 yet and he likes to watch hockey, so I must be doing something right.

Plus, since the wife left I've managed to lose 25 lbs (been about a month and a half), and I'm feeling great physically.  Of course none of my pants fit me and I look like a vanilla MC Hammer, but who needs pants, right?

#90 korab rules

korab rules

spelunker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:46 AM

Will be in Buffalo for the weekend.  My older son's team is playing some Buffalo squads, and we will be attending the Sabres game Saturday night.  Lots of drinks and eats and hockey, and we will still be home in time to watch the Bills game Sunday.  Whether I choose to punish myself in that fashion is a different question entirely.

F'N Fantastic!

The only bad part is Connolly isn't making the trip so I will miss out on booing the bum Saturday.

#91 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:23 AM

I went to Yo Gabba Gabba Live: Time to Dance with my 3-year-old on Tuesday, and it was awesome. During one of the intermissions, a band called I Fight Dragons played. They play all the standard pop-rock instruments (Bass, Guitar, Drums) but their keyboard player also plays a Guitar Hero Guitar hooked up to a computer made of old Nintendo sound cards set up like a synthesizer. On top of that awesomeness, the lead guitar player also did a solo completely on a vintage Super Nintendo controller hooked up to a similar box.

F'N FANTASTIC.

#92 ChileanSeaBass

ChileanSeaBass

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:26 AM

View PostLastPommerFan, on 23 September 2011 - 09:23 AM, said:

I went to Yo Gabba Gabba Live: Time to Dance with my 3-year-old on Tuesday, and it was awesome. During one of the intermissions, a band called I Fight Dragons played. They play all the standard pop-rock instruments (Bass, Guitar, Drums) but their keyboard player also plays a Guitar Hero Guitar hooked up to a computer made of old Nintendo sound cards set up like a synthesizer. On top of that awesomeness, the lead guitar player also did a solo completely on a vintage Super Nintendo controller hooked up to a similar box.

F'N FANTASTIC.

Wasn't gonna pony up the dough to take my kid, but now I just might have to  :thumbsup:

#93 dEnnis the Menace

dEnnis the Menace

D63

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:43 AM

View PostLastPommerFan, on 23 September 2011 - 09:23 AM, said:

F'N FANTASTIC.

When I was at RIT I worked for Tech Crew (student run production company) and they were the opener for 3oh3! and Cobra starship (a few years back).  I thought it was pretty nifty, something you don't see a whole lot of with many other bands.  I talked to them when one of the other bands were playing and they were/are pretty chill.

#94 MattPie

MattPie

Bikes beat tanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:48 AM

Went down into Philly last night. Hit a Beer Garden (complete with trees and picnic benches), had beer and sausages, and hung out with good friends. Beautiful day/night to ride with no rain (forecast was pretty ugly).

Hot tub party in Binghamton tomorrow, and I get to ride some more this weekend despite the rain.

#95 Chris_in_UT

Chris_in_UT

tie-dyer extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:50 AM

F'N Fantastic Friday, indeed.

4-hour work day.

Hitting the biking trail after work.

Hockey tonight and tomorrow.

Bills on Sunday. Blah blah blah.

I have a kick-ass job. Exempt status and benefits, but paid for every hour I work, which can end up running 50-60 hours a week sometimes.

Gorgeous wife. Two beautiful daughters, both of whom like hockey (more for the 'rally candy' than the actual sport ... but i'm working on it!)

Weather's almost perfect. A few degrees to go, and we'll be in the high 70s. A few more lawn mows, couple more spray applications of some week killer, and that'll be it for lawn care.

Orion rises around 2 am. For some reason, I'm always drawn to the southern sky. Orion, Taurus, Gemini, the pleides ... aweome little piece of sky.

Digital cameras. I'm grateful for digital cameras because that means I don't have to take a roll of film to Walgreens and be told that there wasn't anything on the roll because every picture was black. "Well, yah they were all black. I took pictures of a night sky. They're SUPPOSED to be black. Were there any white dots on the pictures?"

"Yah ... all over them."

"Those would be 'stars' ..."

"OH! Yah, we wondered what those were." Idiots ...

Love the thread concept.

#96 Chris_in_UT

Chris_in_UT

tie-dyer extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

View PostdEnnis the Menace, on 23 September 2011 - 09:43 AM, said:

When I was at RIT I worked for Tech Crew (student run production company) and they were the opener for 3oh3! and Cobra starship (a few years back).  I thought it was pretty nifty, something you don't see a whole lot of with many other bands.  I talked to them when one of the other bands were playing and they were/are pretty chill.
My buddy attends Coachella every year. A couple of years back, Yo Gabba Gabba was on the main stage. At Coachella. NOT performing their typical kids' stuff. Everyone was blown away. So much so that they came back this year. :) TO COACHELLA.

Makes me wonder how The Wiggles would do.

#97 dudacek

dudacek

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:31 AM

The week of twelve hour overtime is over.
I am about to spend a day doing absolutely nothing at all.
Except ordering my centre ice package.
And now you say the Sabs are on TV?
FN' fantastic Friday.

#98 IKnowPhysics

IKnowPhysics

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,664 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:02 PM

Couple good things.

-Just bought the car of my dreams (an immaculate Hemi Orange Challenger SRT8 six speed).  Best anything ever.
-Sold old car private party for twice what dealer offered on trade in.
-Girlfriend comes home tomorrow from a three week trip:
---Told me to get plenty of rest and not make any plans for Saturday night or all day Sunday.  Giggity.
---She doesn't know I bought the car- I've been keeping it as a surprise for when I pick her up at the airport.
-I have today off because I work a 9/80- meaning I can watch tonight's game live (here on west coast).

#99 Chris_in_UT

Chris_in_UT

tie-dyer extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

View PostIKnowPhysics, on 23 September 2011 - 12:02 PM, said:

Couple good things.

-Just bought the car of my dreams (an immaculate Hemi Orange Challenger SRT8 six speed).  Best anything ever.
---Told me to get plenty of rest and not make any plans for Saturday night or all day Sunday.  Giggity.
---She doesn't know I bought the car- I've been keeping it as a surprise for when I pick her up at the airport.
-I have today off because I work a 9/80- meaning I can watch tonight's game live (here on west coast).
9/80s are the best. i tried the 4/10 sked ... couldn't make it work. either i'd get in too late and have to stay until 6 or 7, or i'd take an hour of PTO. thankfully, my boss understood and let me slide back to the 5/4/9 sked. hey ... every other friday off works just fine, right?

#100 dEnnis the Menace

dEnnis the Menace

D63

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

View PostIKnowPhysics, on 23 September 2011 - 12:02 PM, said:

Couple good things.

1) AWESOME car choice!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  
2) All I can say is have a F'N Fantastic weekend!  :clapping: :thumbsup:  

For me...only 3 more hours here at work!  oh yeah!

#101 IKnowPhysics

IKnowPhysics

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,664 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

View PostChris_in_UT, on 23 September 2011 - 12:09 PM, said:

hey ... every other friday off works just fine, right?

Hells yes.  It's 26 three day weekends a year.  26.  So if you have things you like to get done on the weekend (camping, chilling, chores, etc) or want extra time to do weekday stuff (errands/shopping/banking, etc), it works out great.  Plus my bosses are flexible about when I actually take those Fridays off.  So if I'm going vacation, I can stack consecutive Fridays off (by moving one from a previous week).  That allows me to have ten consecutive days off from work at the expense of only 4 days of vacation.

I'm exempt, but I make overtime for hours worked.  So occasionally, I'll grab overtime pay for working a regular shift on a Friday that I would of had off.  Pretty sweet concept- overtime pay for working regular hours on a weekday.

---

Bonus F'N Fantastic Friday fact: tonight's game will be the first live Sabres game televised since I got my 60" plasma a few months ago.

Edit: love the thread concept.  Buffalo fans are often quick to be downers (see also: regular Complaint thread exists years before regular Fantastic thread).  Love the uplifting lovefest thread before the weekend.

#102 R_dudly

R_dudly

The Kids are making me nervous..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

- I have a new love of my life that has absolutely dominated the past 2 months of my free time. A beautiful blond that adores me, is always happy to see me and makes me feel young again. Oh pardon my gushing all lovestruck about her when I can just share a picture worth a thousand words.

- Oh and 1 more thing I get the weekend off from my new love to shuffle off tomorrow to Buffalo for my annual Bills game, chicken wings, beer and ballet here I come. Destroy the Pats, Let's go Bflo

Attached Files

#103 korab rules

korab rules

spelunker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:25 PM

View PostR_dudly, on 23 September 2011 - 12:22 PM, said:

- I have a new love of my life that has absolutely dominated the past 2 months of my free time. A beautiful blond that adores me, is always happy to see me and makes me feel young again. Oh pardon my gushing all lovestruck about her when I can just share a picture worth a thousand words.

- Oh and 1 more thing I get the weekend off from my new love to shuffle off tomorrow to Buffalo for my annual Bills game, chicken wings, beer and ballet here I come. Destroy the Pats, Let's go Bflo
Congrats - I bet she really knows how to use that tongue, too!

#104 Chris_in_UT

Chris_in_UT

tie-dyer extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:26 PM

View PostR_dudly, on 23 September 2011 - 12:22 PM, said:

She's one of the best looking blondes on here!

#105 IKnowPhysics

IKnowPhysics

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,664 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

View Postkorab rules, on 23 September 2011 - 12:25 PM, said:

Congrats - I bet she really knows how to use that tongue, too!

I bet she'd eat anything.

#106 Andrew Amerk

Andrew Amerk

Heart Means Everything.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

View PostIKnowPhysics, on 23 September 2011 - 12:27 PM, said:

I bet she'd eat anything.

I just ate a very delicious sandwich.

Adopted/rescued a bird this week.

Getting to see the Sabres on TV for this first time this season tonight! (unless you count the prospects final)

#107 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

My dad canceled on me for this weekend since the outdoor apple festival we were planning on attending was also canceled due to rain.  I know this sounds like it should be in the complaint thread, but as much as I love my dad, it's been a long and exhausting week at work and I really didn't feel like entertaining company.  So, now I've got the weekend to relax and a beef pot roast waiting for me when I get home, which is F'N Fantastic.

#108 MattPie

MattPie

Bikes beat tanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:38 AM

Bump.

I have nothing fantastic to report.

#109 korab rules

korab rules

spelunker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:47 AM

New gun coming in today!

#110 dEnnis the Menace

dEnnis the Menace

D63

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:53 AM

View PostMattPie, on 30 September 2011 - 08:38 AM, said:

Bump.

I have nothing fantastic to report.

Nothing? ummm...it IS Friday...that's fantastic all in itself.

In other news, I just sent in my receipts from prescriptions and allergy meds for the last 9 months for my flex spending, and I will be receiving a $250 check in the next week.  I love getting money back  :D

#111 dEnnis the Menace

dEnnis the Menace

D63

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:54 AM

View Postkorab rules, on 30 September 2011 - 08:47 AM, said:

New gun coming in today!

What kind?

#112 korab rules

korab rules

spelunker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:57 AM

View PostdEnnis the Menace, on 30 September 2011 - 08:54 AM, said:

What kind?
Marlin 39A

A lever action .22, and the oldest long gun still in production.  A plinker, trainer for the kids, and squirrel and rabbit hunter.

Can't wait to rub some blood on it this weekend!

#113 dEnnis the Menace

dEnnis the Menace

D63

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:05 AM

View Postkorab rules, on 30 September 2011 - 08:57 AM, said:

Marlin 39A

A lever action .22, and the oldest long gun still in production.  A plinker, trainer for the kids, and squirrel and rabbit hunter.

HAHA nice.  Have fun with that!  just do Chz a favor, and stay away from the ducks.  :bag:

#114 korab rules

korab rules

spelunker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:07 AM

View PostdEnnis the Menace, on 30 September 2011 - 09:05 AM, said:

HAHA nice.  Have fun with that!  just do Chz a favor, and stay away from the ducks.  :bag:
That's what the Browning is for.

#115 weave

weave

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:29 AM

View Postkorab rules, on 30 September 2011 - 08:57 AM, said:

Marlin 39A

Nice.  I'm a lever action guy myself.  Picked up a Winchester m255 .22 mag a couple weeks ago.  I've only had it out to the range once so far.  Time to take it into the woods.

I love October.

#116 MattPie

MattPie

Bikes beat tanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

View PostdEnnis the Menace, on 30 September 2011 - 08:53 AM, said:

Nothing? ummm...it IS Friday...that's fantastic all in itself.

Fair enough. I'm happy it's a nice day out, and I can work from home with the windows open and the listen to great music[0]. I'm happy that I have a job. And I'm reasonably healthy. And caraway triscuits. And HOCKEY IN ONE WEEK.

[0] Like this!

#117 korab rules

korab rules

spelunker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:57 AM

View Postweave, on 30 September 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

Nice.  I'm a lever action guy myself.  Picked up a Winchester m255 .22 mag a couple weeks ago.  I've only had it out to the range once so far.  Time to take it into the woods.

I love October.

I bought a Marlin 1895 GS in .45/70 a couple years ago - what a sweet little brush gun!  Quick to the shoulder, really accurate with the Hornady Leverevolution ammo, and has plenty of knockdown power for anything that walks or crawls in North America.  With the Leupold VX-I 2-7x shotgun/muzzleloader scope in silver to match the stainless barrel(went with the shotgun line because the .45/70 kicks like a mule) it is accurate out to 150 yards.  Haven't tried to figure the drop beyond that, as I will never have a 150 yard shot where I hunt.  Point of impact is within an inch and a half of point of aim from 25-100 yards, and it prints groups of 2" at 100 yards with the Hornady ammo(too bad the stuff is so damn expensive!).  Looks damn sharp in walnut and stainless, too.

That gun was the first lever gun for me, but really turned me on to them. Can't wait to get in the woods with it and put some rounds through this thing!

#118 weave

weave

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

View Postkorab rules, on 30 September 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

I bought a Marlin 1895 GS in .45/70 a couple years ago - what a sweet little brush gun!  Quick to the shoulder, really accurate with the Hornady Leverevolution ammo, and has plenty of knockdown power for anything that walks or crawls in North America.  With the Leupold VX-I 2-7x shotgun/muzzleloader scope in silver to match the stainless barrel(went with the shotgun line because the .45/70 kicks like a mule) it is accurate out to 150 yards.  Haven't tried to figure the drop beyond that, as I will never have a 150 yard shot where I hunt.  Point of impact is within an inch and a half of point of aim from 25-100 yards, and it prints groups of 2" at 100 yards with the Hornady ammo(too bad the stuff is so damn expensive!).  Looks damn sharp in walnut and stainless, too.

That gun was the first lever gun for me, but really turned me on to them. Can't wait to get in the woods with it and put some rounds through this thing!

Now that they've increased barrel length to 21" an M1895 in 45/70 is on my short list of firearms I want NOW.  I wasn't intersted in one of the 18" Guide guns but the 21" has caught my eye.  I don't know if you are aware but Remington bought out Marlin last year and moved production to the Ilion, NY facility.  But they are having QC problems right now.  I am sure it is all due to adapting Remingtom machinery to the Marlin designs.  I'm all over an 1895 as soon as they get their stuff squared away and get back to the Marlin level of quality that allowed them to outlast Winchester.

I've got a M336 in .35 Rem (awesome deer gun, more oomph than a 30-30) and a .357 Win M94 along with that Win 255.  I wouldn't mind picking up one of those .308 Expresses too.

Dammit, we're gonna need an OT thread for this.

#119 ThePebble19

ThePebble19

Hockey is back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:12 AM

We got a cat this week...she's an older girl, a long-haired tortoise shell colored cat.  We got an older one because my 3 year old son doesn't do really well with very fast moving animals, but he loves this girl.

We decided to re-name her, and told him that he could pick any name he wanted to name her.  His choice:

Stevie Johnson.

F'n Fantastic.

#120 dEnnis the Menace

dEnnis the Menace

D63

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:16 AM

View PostThePebble19, on 30 September 2011 - 10:12 AM, said:

We got a cat this week...she's an older girl, a long-haired tortoise shell colored cat.  We got an older one because my 3 year old son doesn't do really well with very fast moving animals, but he loves this girl.

We decided to re-name her, and told him that he could pick any name he wanted to name her.  His choice:

Stevie Johnson.

F'n Fantastic.

:lol: :lol:  Nice!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: off topic