121 replies to this topic

#121 nfreeman

nfreeman

All I want is everything you got.

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,401 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:56 PM

I could, but why lie to myself and you? He has been less of a train wreck this year than he was last year. A legit top four defense-man? Not on a quality team. Not on a contender. I see Montador rated as a top four defense-man the same as considering the Sabres in a good position because they are only 5 points out of eight place. Just more settling for the mediocre standard that has somehow become acceptable. Much like a "lovable" 2-10 Bills team.

I agree -- not on a real contender. But he's played well enough this year to be top 4 on probably half the teams in the NHL.

For the record, I don't (and I would best most here don't) consider the Sabres to be in good position. I do think their defense is playing much better, from #1 to #6, than they were in the first month of the season though.

#122 X. Benedict

X. Benedict

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,807 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:24 PM

I could, but why lie to myself and you? He has been less of a train wreck this year than he was last year. A legit top four defense-man? Not on a quality team. Not on a contender. I see Montador rated as a top four defense-man the same as considering the Sabres in a good position because they are only 5 points out of eight place. Just more settling for the mediocre standard that has somehow become acceptable. Much like a "lovable" 2-10 Bills team.

Do you prefer Lydman or Spacek? Both are on top pairs at the moment.

Montador has been playing on a second pair pretty well.