Jump to content


Complaint Thursdays...

off topic Bitching

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
10279 replies to this topic

#8001 BuffaloSoldier2010

BuffaloSoldier2010

    your father's brother's cousin's former roommate

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amherst

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

My house back in Buffalo got looted over winter break, and to make matters more interesting my landlord suppossedly "knew" about a broken window and damaged interior doors a few days after myself and roomates moved out.  However, he didn't feel the need to inform us whatsoever, rather he just let his handymen do repairs.  What's more, after i discovered the looting had occured when i went to check on things january first, he made no mention of the suppossed broken window when i was talking about contacting police.  Today he finally mentions it. Somethings not right here.

#8002 biodork

biodork

    I love lamp.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:central PA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

View Postd4rksabre, on 03 January 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

Ah home on time from work, I think I'll take a nice hot shower.

NOPE.

Turned on the water, turned the selector to shower and it shoots out of the tub wall. Water everywhere including dripping through the cieling over my kitchen sink.

Just what I wanted to deal with tonight.

Yikes. Good luck with that!

View PostBuffaloSoldier2010, on 03 January 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

My house back in Buffalo got looted over winter break, and to make matters more interesting my landlord suppossedly "knew" about a broken window and damaged interior doors a few days after myself and roomates moved out.  However, he didn't feel the need to inform us whatsoever, rather he just let his handymen do repairs.  What's more, after i discovered the looting had occured when i went to check on things january first, he made no mention of the suppossed broken window when i was talking about contacting police.  Today he finally mentions it. Somethings not right here.

That sucks. I'd be looking at someplace else to rent if I were you. Hope you didn't lose too much stuff (or at least have renters insurance).

#8003 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

    Texting Nun

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,870 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

We're talking about bringing back Hecht?

WTF?



#8004 SwampD

SwampD

    All Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,866 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Jersey, orig. NT

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

There is a reporter (maybe two) on NPR that speak with vocal fry.  I understand that Valley Girl speak was a fad as well, but they would have never had a reporter on who spoke that way back then.  I don't care how good the report is.  I can't get past that sound.

#8005 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,478 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

So the semester started on Monday and the office is just insane.  My email is like grand central station and the College I am liaison too needs a lot of help because no one has helped them or liaised with them in over a year. So basically I am here, there, and everywhere with these people and the real issue is that I got a random request from a subsection of this college and they asked for something that will probably take the entire day if not longer to track down.  Basically my complaint is the work overload that started Monday and has yet to let up.  On top of that I get to work 3 of the next 4 Sundays... :death:

#8006 Bmwolf21

Bmwolf21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Parma Heights, OH by way of Orlando, Tallahassee and Niagara Falls

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Could not fall asleep last night. Dragging backside today.

#8007 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,144 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, MA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

I have a few today, so here we go:

#1. The roommate from hell moved out back in late November and left this big ugly bookshelf that we have no interest in.  She said a friend would come to pick it up in a few days.  Well that girl decided that she would wait until January.  So last week she gets in contact and says that she would pick it up on the 2nd.  We still haven't heard another peep from her since.  So at this point, I assume we are clear to do whatever we see fit with that shelf (disassemble and trash).  I really wish I had a sledge hammer to make that job more fun.

#2. For whatever reason, the traffic has been horrendous since the new year.  My drive to work has been nearly doubled.  Why are there suddenly so many more drivers on the road in the morning?  Anyone?

#3.  This one is half complaint, half awesome.  I kind of enjoy watching how quickly the New Year's resolution gym goers fall off.  I go every weekday at the same time.  On monday, there wasn't a single open parking spot and I couldn't even get in.  Tuesday, there are a few scattered spots.  Yesterday, completely empty.  That type of fall off over the course of a week is always there, but I've never seen it quite like this.  It does explain a lot about this country though when you see the people disappear that quickly.


edit:  Oh yeah, one more:
#4. I have 7 weddings to go to this year, including my own.  All but two will involve hotel stays.  This is going to be one expensive year.  That should hurt the whole "saving for a house" thing a bit.

Edited by shrader, 10 January 2013 - 08:54 AM.


#8008 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,931 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

View PostSwampD, on 10 January 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

There is a reporter (maybe two) on NPR that speak with vocal fry.  I understand that Valley Girl speak was a fad as well, but they would have never had a reporter on who spoke that way back then.  I don't care how good the report is.  I can't get past that sound.

Nails on a chalkboard > vocal fry.  I friggin' can't stand it.

#8009 weave

weave

    Self-appointed Expert

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,873 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:in your head

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Whatinthehell is vocal fry?



My complaint, new job started Monday.  They've thrown me right into 2nd shift "for the foreseeable future".  Looks like I'm missing 2/3 of the NHl season.

And I miss my family especially.  Haven't seen my kid since Sunday evening.  He's gone to school by the time I wake up and I'm gone to work before he gets home from school.  I won't see him on Saturday until dinner time.  Working Saturdays already too.  New place is busy as hell and running balls out.  Gotta sacrifice.

I feel guilty for not liking the hours of the new gig.  Lots of former co-workers on unemployment right now.

#8010 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,931 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

View Postweave, on 10 January 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

Whatinthehell is vocal fry?



#8011 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,478 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

o for the love of hockey... on Monday the student pc workstations stopped connecting to the printers... so we told Campus IT... they "fixed" the problem tuesday... well they really didn't, so they "fixed" the problem wednesday night... well here I am Thursday morning on the desk and some of the computers print and some of them can't find the F**@#$^&*(#!!!!!!! printer. So now students are pissed, I am pissed, I am trying to do chat reference as well, my student IT guy is pissed an trying to figure out which ones are fixed... IT IS A CLUSTER F*^%!!!!!

#8012 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,144 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, MA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostLGR4GM, on 10 January 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

o for the love of hockey... on Monday the student pc workstations stopped connecting to the printers... so we told Campus IT... they "fixed" the problem tuesday... well they really didn't, so they "fixed" the problem wednesday night... well here I am Thursday morning on the desk and some of the computers print and some of them can't find the F**@#$^&*(#!!!!!!! printer. So now students are pissed, I am pissed, I am trying to do chat reference as well, my student IT guy is pissed an trying to figure out which ones are fixed... IT IS A CLUSTER F*^%!!!!!

This reminds me of one I ran into recently.  When I try to print something double sided here at work, it does work.  Only one problem, it prints the entire document within a 1 inch square in the corner of the paper.  It doesn't happen every time, but the issue pops up from time to time.

#8013 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,226 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

Strained my back at work last week and it just will not heal. I'm well beyond the recommended doses of Bayer everyday now. Thinking it might be time to pay the acupuncturist a visit.

#8014 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,478 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

View Postshrader, on 10 January 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

This reminds me of one I ran into recently.  When I try to print something double sided here at work, it does work.  Only one problem, it prints the entire document within a 1 inch square in the corner of the paper.  It doesn't happen every time, but the issue pops up from time to time.
I have one thing to say that will solve both our problems:

https://www.youtube....h?v=PywI0BOxJpI

not sure why it won't load the video right but let me just say Office Space found the solution to the problem

Edited by LGR4GM, 10 January 2013 - 09:49 AM.


#8015 Sabre Dance

Sabre Dance

    Brighter days ahead...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South of the city.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostLGR4GM, on 10 January 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

o for the love of hockey... on Monday the student pc workstations stopped connecting to the printers... so we told Campus IT... they "fixed" the problem tuesday... well they really didn't, so they "fixed" the problem wednesday night... well here I am Thursday morning on the desk and some of the computers print and some of them can't find the F**@#$^&*(#!!!!!!! printer. So now students are pissed, I am pissed, I am trying to do chat reference as well, my student IT guy is pissed an trying to figure out which ones are fixed... IT IS A CLUSTER F*^%!!!!!

View Postshrader, on 10 January 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

This reminds me of one I ran into recently.  When I try to print something double sided here at work, it does work.  Only one problem, it prints the entire document within a 1 inch square in the corner of the paper.  It doesn't happen every time, but the issue pops up from time to time.

As an IT support person, I can tell you that printer issues are some of the most difficult to resolve.  For example, we have a networked copier that most of our office uses as a printer for large print jobs.  When I install the 32-bit printer driver, the default paper size is "Letter".  When I install the 64-bit driver (for those with Windows 7), the default paper size is "A4" (which is the international paper size for letters).  I have to then reset the default. Grr.... :angry:

#8016 Chris_in_UT

Chris_in_UT

    tie-dyer extraordinaire

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

This one has been festering for about 5 months, but this last week, it's come to a head. There's this guy I work with--we'll call him "Grumpy Co-Worker"--who feels that it's okay to stop by my desk several times a day and regale me with stories of how he was the ONLY guy who hasn't had a document rejected by one of our main clients. He also likes to gripe that the project he and I are working on has the most nit-picky program engineer that he's ever had to work with. Regardless of how many times I've told him that it's GOOD that this guy is being so nit-picky because ultimately it will make every document we produce going forward a better product, he just doesn't get it. Or listen. Or care. "I'm 3 months away from retirement. This place means less and less to me every day."

This week, he's decided that coming over on my lunch hour and chirping at me the entire hour is acceptable. I've tried being subtle by getting up, going to the bathroom, refilling my 100 oz water mug, going to the cafeteria ... every time I come back from wherever, he stops by when he hears me at my cube. I'm to the point where I'm going to have to be brutally blunt and just tell him that my lunch hour is MY time--leave me the hell alone.

But that probably won't sink in either.

View Postd4rksabre, on 10 January 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

Strained my back at work last week and it just will not heal. I'm well beyond the recommended doses of Bayer everyday now. Thinking it might be time to pay the acupuncturist a visit.

Since it occurred at work, doesn't that qualify for work comp? I'd tell someone about it. They're legally obligated to get you the treatment you need!

#8017 ChileanSeaBass

ChileanSeaBass

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:charlotte

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

At hockey last night, the puck was up against the boards directly between the penalty boxes.  I stepped up from D and just barely got to the puck before the on coming winger.  We collided, I got spun around and in the act of falling, smacked the back of my head on the ledge where the glass meets the boards.  I blacked out for a split second and eventually got up, vision still blurry.  The ref proceeds to give me two minutes for boarding.  The contact was incidental, and I definitely took the worst of it, yet I got to spend two minutes in box.  No one could figure that one out, not even the guy I collided with.  He thought he was getting the penalty.

#8018 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,144 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, MA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostSabre Dance, on 10 January 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

As an IT support person, I can tell you that printer issues are some of the most difficult to resolve.  For example, we have a networked copier that most of our office uses as a printer for large print jobs.  When I install the 32-bit printer driver, the default paper size is "Letter".  When I install the 64-bit driver (for those with Windows 7), the default paper size is "A4" (which is the international paper size for letters).  I have to then reset the default. Grr.... :angry:

They did some sort of overhaul to the printers in december, so I've figured that this issue is just a growing pain and everything will be smoothed out soon enough.

#8019 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,931 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostChris_in_UT, on 10 January 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

This one has been festering for about 5 months, but this last week, it's come to a head. There's this guy I work with--we'll call him "Grumpy Co-Worker"--who feels that it's okay to stop by my desk several times a day and regale me with stories of how he was the ONLY guy who hasn't had a document rejected by one of our main clients. He also likes to gripe that the project he and I are working on has the most nit-picky program engineer that he's ever had to work with. Regardless of how many times I've told him that it's GOOD that this guy is being so nit-picky because ultimately it will make every document we produce going forward a better product, he just doesn't get it. Or listen. Or care. "I'm 3 months away from retirement. This place means less and less to me every day."

This week, he's decided that coming over on my lunch hour and chirping at me the entire hour is acceptable. I've tried being subtle by getting up, going to the bathroom, refilling my 100 oz water mug, going to the cafeteria ... every time I come back from wherever, he stops by when he hears me at my cube. I'm to the point where I'm going to have to be brutally blunt and just tell him that my lunch hour is MY time--leave me the hell alone.

But that probably won't sink in either.


Since it occurred at work, doesn't that qualify for work comp? I'd tell someone about it. They're legally obligated to get you the treatment you need!

That sucks, I feel your pain.  There is a guy here who makes his rounds every day like clockwork, stopping by desks to just shoot the ###### with people and wasting their time.  Luckily this guy is not my manager so he doesn't stop to talk to me that much, but every day its the same thing with the people who report to him that sit near me.  What makes it worse is that out of the maybe five or so times that I've needed to go to his office for something, he's been napping at his desk twice.  Of course this guy is a shining star around here and the sky is the limit for him on the corporate ladder, yet he does absolutely nothing to contribute to our project other than to be a loyal lapdog to his superiors.  Disgusting.

#8020 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,226 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostChris_in_UT, on 10 January 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

This one has been festering for about 5 months, but this last week, it's come to a head. There's this guy I work with--we'll call him "Grumpy Co-Worker"--who feels that it's okay to stop by my desk several times a day and regale me with stories of how he was the ONLY guy who hasn't had a document rejected by one of our main clients. He also likes to gripe that the project he and I are working on has the most nit-picky program engineer that he's ever had to work with. Regardless of how many times I've told him that it's GOOD that this guy is being so nit-picky because ultimately it will make every document we produce going forward a better product, he just doesn't get it. Or listen. Or care. "I'm 3 months away from retirement. This place means less and less to me every day."

This week, he's decided that coming over on my lunch hour and chirping at me the entire hour is acceptable. I've tried being subtle by getting up, going to the bathroom, refilling my 100 oz water mug, going to the cafeteria ... every time I come back from wherever, he stops by when he hears me at my cube. I'm to the point where I'm going to have to be brutally blunt and just tell him that my lunch hour is MY time--leave me the hell alone.

But that probably won't sink in either.


Since it occurred at work, doesn't that qualify for work comp? I'd tell someone about it. They're legally obligated to get you the treatment you need!

Workers comp, right :rolleyes:

#8021 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,226 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Not that I dislike eating spaghettios cold, but I was expecting a hot lunch. Too bad someone decided to steal my Tupperware container out of the kitchen cabinet at work this morning. Dollars to donuts says it was my boss too.

#8022 Chris_in_UT

Chris_in_UT

    tie-dyer extraordinaire

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

View Postd4rksabre, on 10 January 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Workers comp, right :rolleyes:
what ...? IT'S THE LAW, MAN!

well, if they won't cover it, do you at least have health insurance that'll cover a doctor's visit? i pulled my back trying to drag a washing machine up from the basement a couple of weeks ago. seriously wrenched my lower lumbar area. went to the doc, they said that i really should be lying down for like 2 weeks, alternating ice packs and heat. they also prescribed some pretty heavy-hitting pain killers. thankfully, i have a severely low-key job (tech writer. i sit at a desk pretty much all day.), so i don't strain my back much at all, but still ... it's not lying down and resting.

View PostClaude_Verret, on 10 January 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

That sucks, I feel your pain.  There is a guy here who makes his rounds every day like clockwork, stopping by desks to just shoot the ###### with people and wasting their time.  Luckily this guy is not my manager so he doesn't stop to talk to me that much, but every day its the same thing with the people who report to him that sit near me.  What makes it worse is that out of the maybe five or so times that I've needed to go to his office for something, he's been napping at his desk twice.  Of course this guy is a shining star around here and the sky is the limit for him on the corporate ladder, yet he does absolutely nothing to contribute to our project other than to be a loyal lapdog to his superiors.  Disgusting.
yah, that's kind of like this guy. contributets nothing of real value, doesn't learn from any kind of peer reviews, swears that his way is absolute and everyone else's is wrong ... yet his manuals are constantly being used as the "less effective" method of writing. and it's from a simple lack of paying attention. i've sat in meetings with him where HIS OWN DOCS are being reviewed, and he took maybe 3 lines of notes. when mine are being reviewed, i burn through pens--not paper. i have notes spanning notebooks from my reviews. this guy ... ugh. he thinks that he's going to get some kind of severence package when the request for voluntary retirement comes up later this year. he's in full DGAS mode ("don't give a ..."), which basically sums up his entire "professional" career. no pride in his product. just "gimme a paycheck" mentality.

#8023 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,661 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostChris_in_UT, on 10 January 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

yah, that's kind of like this guy. contributets nothing of real value, doesn't learn from any kind of peer reviews, swears that his way is absolute and everyone else's is wrong ... yet his manuals are constantly being used as the "less effective" method of writing. and it's from a simple lack of paying attention. i've sat in meetings with him where HIS OWN DOCS are being reviewed, and he took maybe 3 lines of notes. when mine are being reviewed, i burn through pens--not paper. i have notes spanning notebooks from my reviews. this guy ... ugh. he thinks that he's going to get some kind of severence package when the request for voluntary retirement comes up later this year. he's in full DGAS mode ("don't give a ..."), which basically sums up his entire "professional" career. no pride in his product. just "gimme a paycheck" mentality.

Kids these days.  Always wantin' sumtin' fo nuttin'.

#8024 Chris_in_UT

Chris_in_UT

    tie-dyer extraordinaire

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostSpndnchz, on 10 January 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

Kids these days.  Always wantin' sumtin' fo nuttin'.

if only he were a kid. at least then he'd have an excuse. this guy is like 64 or 65. grumpy-gus-co-worker. erg.

#8025 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,226 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostChris_in_UT, on 10 January 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:


what ...? IT'S THE LAW, MAN!

well, if they won't cover it, do you at least have health insurance that'll cover a doctor's visit? i pulled my back trying to drag a washing machine up from the basement a couple of weeks ago. seriously wrenched my lower lumbar area. went to the doc, they said that i really should be lying down for like 2 weeks, alternating ice packs and heat. they also prescribed some pretty heavy-hitting pain killers. thankfully, i have a severely low-key job (tech writer. i sit at a desk pretty much all day.), so i don't strain my back much at all, but still ... it's not lying down and resting.

My insurance will probably cover some nice drugs, I just don't have the time to go see a doctor. I don't have a primary care physician so I'll have to go to the ER. Which is not how I want to spend my evening. My back hurts but I'm managing. Limiting myself to lighter duty at work. I just wish it would get better faster.

#8026 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

    Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester/Finger Lakes

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

View Postd4rksabre, on 10 January 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

My insurance will probably cover some nice drugs, I just don't have the time to go see a doctor. I don't have a primary care physician so I'll have to go to the ER. Which is not how I want to spend my evening. My back hurts but I'm managing. Limiting myself to lighter duty at work. I just wish it would get better faster.

Urgent Care. Faster and cheaper.

#8027 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,661 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostChris_in_UT, on 10 January 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

if only he were a kid. at least then he'd have an excuse. this guy is like 64 or 65. grumpy-gus-co-worker. erg.

Attached File  images.jpg   7.15K   8 downloads

#8028 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,478 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

O come on! now the statewide system know as Galileo has crashed at most places... the slightly good news is we are still online but since everyone shares a catalog, anything we don't own isn't showing up... and ILL is down.

#8029 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,226 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostLastPommerFan, on 10 January 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:



Urgent Care. Faster and cheaper.

Good call, I always forget about urgent care. Maybe I'll just go there right after work, there's one not far from my house. I hope they can prescribe me something before the pharmacy closes.

#8030 Chris_in_UT

Chris_in_UT

    tie-dyer extraordinaire

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

View Postd4rksabre, on 10 January 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

My insurance will probably cover some nice drugs, I just don't have the time to go see a doctor. I don't have a primary care physician so I'll have to go to the ER. Which is not how I want to spend my evening. My back hurts but I'm managing. Limiting myself to lighter duty at work. I just wish it would get better faster.

View PostLastPommerFan, on 10 January 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

Urgent Care. Faster and cheaper.

THIS. PCP is nice, but it's not mandatory. any clinic can diagnose you.

View PostSpndnchz, on 10 January 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

:bag:

#8031 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

    Livve Neilo

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Horseheads

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

I got mediocre grades for my first semester at McGill and my parents didn't let me go back.  So I'm going to community college and working in my home town.  Talk about a quality of life 180.  So now I no longer live across the hall from my best friend and my life is a whole lot more boring.  And I have to get used to slow internet again.  And the last two games I purchased, Halo 4 and Guild Wars 2, are unplayable because I don't have broadband.

#8032 dEnnis the Menace

dEnnis the Menace

    D63

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Central NY (Fingerlakes)

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Job hunting. I know a few of you got new jobs not too long ago, and I followed what you all had to say about the unemployment process, but two weeks in and I'm going crazy at my house!  I've been trying to apply for at least 3 jobs a day between Syracuse and Buffalo (I've sent my resume to 20 + companies now).  I've been going running outside around noon or so almost every day (my dog is starting to hate me for that), and then going to the gym around 9 at night. I have even started to re read my FE Review Manual to brush up on all of my engineering skills. My girlfriend has started helping me make a list of things to do to get ready to move out (I'm still living at home, but that'll change with whatever new job I get).  I just hope these companies get back to me soon.

Also, half complaint: a year ago today I weighed in at 267 LBS.  Today I weighed in at 235 LBS. I've hit a plateau with weight loss, but I've still lost a few inches off my waist...now I need to go buy a new suit for interviews because my old one doesn't fit.  Off to the suits thread lol.

#8033 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,144 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, MA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

View Postqwksndmonster, on 10 January 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

I got mediocre grades for my first semester at McGill and my parents didn't let me go back.  So I'm going to community college and working in my home town.  Talk about a quality of life 180.  So now I no longer live across the hall from my best friend and my life is a whole lot more boring.  And I have to get used to slow internet again.  And the last two games I purchased, Halo 4 and Guild Wars 2, are unplayable because I don't have broadband.

I'm sensing a connection between that first sentence and the last sentence.  Still, it does suck.

#8034 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

    Livve Neilo

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Horseheads

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

View Postshrader, on 10 January 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

I'm sensing a connection between that first sentence and the last sentence.  Still, it does suck.
Had a lot more to do with partying than gaming :huh:

#8035 MattPie

MattPie

    Bikes beat tanks

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Strafing some corners

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

View Postqwksndmonster, on 10 January 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

Had a lot more to do with partying than gaming :huh:

Sounds like you should have chosen one of those two. I gamed a lot when I was younger (high-school), but haven't spent serious time on a video game in 20 years.

As I get older, I'm starting to see the concept of a free-time budget. You have to work (or go to school), you have to sleep. After that, it's all about choices. Buy a house: one free time share. Watch TV regularily: another free time share. Work out: you know the drill. If I were you, I'd ditch the gaming and continue partying. :) There's nothing like the partying when you're young.

#8036 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,226 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostChris_in_UT, on 10 January 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:




THIS. PCP is nice, but it's not mandatory. any clinic can diagnose you.


:bag:

Sitting in the urgent care. This place is EMPTY. Decided to file as workers comp in case this injury comes back to haunt me later. Don't want to waive my right and then get screwed 20 years from now.

Let's see what they can do for me.

#8037 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,144 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, MA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

I saw a kid using an iPad to hitch hike today. He wrote his destination on the screen and was holding it up. Worst of all, it was at most a 30 minute walk.

#8038 Eleven

Eleven

    All Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,672 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

View Postshrader, on 10 January 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

I saw a kid using an iPad to hitch hike today. He wrote his destination on the screen and was holding it up. Worst of all, it was at most a 30 minute walk.

Chances that he still has that iPad in his possession?

#8039 biodork

biodork

    I love lamp.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:central PA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

View PostChileanSeaBass, on 10 January 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

At hockey last night, the puck was up against the boards directly between the penalty boxes.  I stepped up from D and just barely got to the puck before the on coming winger.  We collided, I got spun around and in the act of falling, smacked the back of my head on the ledge where the glass meets the boards.  I blacked out for a split second and eventually got up, vision still blurry.  The ref proceeds to give me two minutes for boarding.  The contact was incidental, and I definitely took the worst of it, yet I got to spend two minutes in box.  No one could figure that one out, not even the guy I collided with.  He thought he was getting the penalty.

Ouch... hopefully you're not still feeling any ill-effects.

For me, a complaint related to an otherwise good thing. We finally got the paper describing my master's research accepted for publication on 12/26, and the publisher was moving quickly on preparing proofs.  Except when they sent them last Friday afternoon (with the requirement that they be returned within 48 h, wtf?), I found that the overzealous copy editor apparently has a thing against commas and decided to take several liberties with the text of our manuscript. Even worse, the figures and tables are not up to par with the original files we submitted. It took me 5 hours to fully edit and annotate that stupid proof and fix all their changes, and I'm still not confident it's going to get done correctly. Ugh.

#8040 SwampD

SwampD

    All Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,866 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Jersey, orig. NT

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

The flu hype.  I remember when people just had colds.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: off topic, Bitching